Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214932 - 07/12/11 09:08 PM Passenger side Lowbeam Connector keeps burning out.....
Scooter68 Offline
Hello all, a few months after I bought my 08 Grand Prix, I noticed the passenger side low beam went out. Well turns out it was more than the bulb, it was the plastic connector that the bulb fits into. The bulb was fine.

After the connector was replaced it worked for I would guesstamate another 8-10 months, and then went out again. I had a freind help me to replace the connector again, it worked for a while.

Recently, the same issue has popped up, I pulled the bulb out and put it back in and it might work for a while or it might not. I took it to a shop and they replaced the whole wire harness for the headlight on that side.

Now a week later the flipping thing is has a burnt spot on it again.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or have any ideas what the cause might be?

My next step is to go back to that same shop or an actual dealer, and have them take a look, and not settle for just replacing the same parts over again.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great, I'm not too mechanic savy, but with help should be able to manage.

Thanks in advance,
Scooter
#215012 - 07/15/11 12:35 AM Re: Passenger side Lowbeam Connector keeps burning out..... [Re: Scooter68]
Freshour99GTP Offline
Loc: Southern Illinois
sounds as if there is a wire grounding out some where