Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151704 - 11/01/08 08:58 PM replacement transponder keys
Rebecca Offline
Loc: southwest Michigan
I was out on a horseback trail ride today and my stupid self forgot that my car keys were in my pocket. Of course they fell out somewhere on the trail. Fortunately I don't have anything attached to them that tells where I live, so I'm not worried about that. I called my Mom and had her bring me my spare set, but now I have only one set and I need to replace my spare set.

My key is stamped PK3 on the blade. I've been told that a replacement key must also be stamped PK3 in order for it to work properly.

Does anyone have a good source online for replacement transponder keys? Or do I just have to suck it up and go to the dealer? (At least I work for a different dealer, so I can buy at wholesale, but sometimes online sellers have stuff for less.)
#151705 - 11/02/08 12:51 AM Re: replacement transponder keys
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Stealership is your only bet i think. Those keys are hard to come by.
#151706 - 11/02/08 12:54 AM Re: replacement transponder keys
Rebecca Offline
Loc: southwest Michigan
I found ONE seller on eBay that has a key listed as being stamped PK3. But it's not a seller I've done business with before (like the guy I bought my fobs from) so I'm not sure. One thing that I think is weird is that the picture shows two, but then the description says one. Um, how many are you selling there buddy?
#151707 - 11/03/08 09:55 AM Re: replacement transponder keys
GrandPrix08 Offline
Loc: New Jersey
When dealing with E-bay, if you don't know about it already, you should check the feedback rating about the seller and to see if he/she has any neutral or negative feedbacks. When I buy anything from E-bay, I don't do business with anyone with the feedback rating of less than 250, and I don't do business if they have more than 2 negative feedbacks.

when it comes to the quantity, if he/she had the pic of 2 but only saids one, that means that seller is only selling one, not both.

Hope it helped.
#151708 - 11/04/08 12:50 AM Re: replacement transponder keys
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I have brought keys from ebay. I have two grand prix but they are 97-03 models. One for my summer car when I accident bent it.

One for my winter beater that come ONLY one key from dealership. I brought remote and one extra key from ebay. It is work perfect. I'm pretty sure you will happy to own other one that you lost. Yes, you better make sure it is PK3 so you will be fine.