Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212146 - 12/11/10 02:26 AM Annoying hesitation and poor gas mileage issue
Masterkevj Offline
Somebody please help me! I'm so sincere when I say this! I have a 2005 pontiac grand prix 3.8 standard v6. this problem is so annoying seems worst if i don't let the car warm up. And it's getting worst since it's cold out. when i pull off under light acceleration the car chugs and shifts hard. i have to stop, turn the car off and back on and it will be fine, it's to the point where I have to do this almost every time I start the car. i also notice sluggishness and seems like it's not giving enough gas when you start it up, sometimes it will struggle like it's not getting enough gas for about 5 seconds. no one can figure this out or "duplicate" this issue but it's happening more and more, it also causes my remote start to fail, it has to be something electrical b/c any other time it runs fine, please help!
#212213 - 12/28/10 01:41 PM Re: Annoying hesitation and poor gas mileage issue [Re: Masterkevj]
Bergkamp_D12 Offline
I have the same sluggish issue. Acording to Meinke after 4 hrs (they could not replicate) the issue is a dirty fuel sensor which is allowing more air to the engine than it should. They cleaned it up ($80) last March and I continue to have the slugging issue. I'm hoping that there can be a permenant fix to this without having to replace. Sorry can not help with the other issues.