Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153073 - 11/03/06 07:01 PM seat heater install
PnZ Offline
Loc: Broken Arrow OK
Hey Folks Hello from sunny Oklahoma..
My question is i Have installed a factory leather interior with the factory seat heaters and the panel with heater buttons for the dash.. All of the plugs wires and fuses are in place and installed but when i hit the buttons the heater lights go red and shut off immediatly. Is this a programming issue.. or am i in over my head.. Thanks for any 411.. happy messaging PS i will also be listing an interior all seats (Power drivers) and door panels. Beige seats and black and beige door panel.
#153074 - 11/03/06 08:31 PM Re: seat heater install
Kansas GXP Offline
Loc: Topeka, Kansas
If it goes on, then immediatly back off, I would guess that you have some wires crossed somewhere, and this is preventing you from doing any damage.. I would double/triple check all of the wiring, and connections, just to make sure that you have every thing correct. You know that you are getting power to it, so I would check from the switch, to the seat, and go from there.
#153075 - 11/03/06 11:11 PM Re: seat heater install
PnZ Offline
Loc: Broken Arrow OK
Hey thanks... but all of the wires are factory harnesses.. every part and plug is factory GM stuff already installed. The plugs for the seats were already in place all i did was plug in the new seats. I am trying to find out if this is a programming issue. GM vehicles are steadily becoming more like a laptop rather that a car. The current speculation is that there is a module that does not recognize the seat heater because they were not progammed for it.. I am hoping that someone has futher info to either prove this theory or disprove it and send me on another direction. The fuse for the seat heaters was even in the fuse box.. So i am hoping to do this with as little fuss as possible the new leather seats are awsome.. Thanks
#153076 - 02/09/07 11:14 AM Re: seat heater install
seppuka Offline
Loc: IL
My 2004 GT2 has a similar issue and has been in the shop for it. The GM guy told me if it doesn't come on it could be a programming fix, if it comes on then goes off in a few minutes later thermistor / element problem.

The heater light/s will stay lit for about 5 - 10 minutes then just shut off on mine so, they ordered a part and I'm still waiting for it. I'll let you know what it is when they install it.

339.2 WHP 358.6 WTQ @ 13 PSI (zzp's mustang dyno)
#153077 - 02/22/07 05:57 AM Re: seat heater install
seppuka Offline
Loc: IL
Just got my car back from the dealership after they had it for a whole day. They said there were 2 faulty elements in the drivers seat and both were replaced. The heated seats now work like a charm!!

339.2 WHP 358.6 WTQ @ 13 PSI (zzp's mustang dyno)
#212616 - 01/25/11 07:14 PM Re: seat heater install [Re: PnZ]
Seapup Offline
Loc: East Coast
Hello PNz,
I know this is a very old post but hopefully you did find the problem here. I have done the same thing, upgraded to Heated Leather Seats and bought the AC/Heat Control Module with the heated Seat buttons. The Seats are installed and my 2007 Grand Prix already has the fuse in place. When I selected the heated seat button the 2 leds go red for the blink of an eye and out.
Not sure what is wrong, maybe I am missing wires in the main cables connecting to the bottom of the heated seats??

Would like to know if you solved problem. Thanks.