Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216898 - 12/03/11 05:05 PM 2004 grand prix running rough
BlakeG Offline
Started my car and let it run for about 10 minutes. Got in and drove about a block, and stop for traffic. Went to accelerate and motor started running rough. Got out and smelled like antifreeze in the exhaust. Without thinking everything through I started to tare motor apart thing it might be lower intake gasket or head gasket. Well now I have both heads off and all gaskets appear to be fine, doesn,t look like any coolent was getting into combustion chamber. So at this point i need a little help getting going the right direction.
#216920 - 12/08/11 03:40 PM Re: 2004 grand prix running rough [Re: BlakeG]
FordMan77 Offline
Loc: St. Louis
Probably just the LIM gaskets. And BTW, the HG's on these motors rarely, if ever, fail.

You will need new headbolts IIRC as the stockers are TTY and cannot be reused. Sucks that you tore it all the way down that far. Probably could have gotten away w/ just changing the LIM gaskets and calling it a day.

Since you have it all apart now would also be a good time to remove the TB and clean it as that is a known issue on the 04+ cars.