Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153830 - 07/01/05 08:56 PM gotta give em credit
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
the guys at Pontiac finally hit the number I think...i just saw some pics of that "Phantom Appearance Package" that is installed by the dealer...the new rear fascia with the lower vents and the twin exhausts combined with the new spoiler add a whole new look to the car...the monochrome paint is a nice touch as well...I'd have to say I think I'd be willing to go for one of those. (why dont they offer a sunroof?)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#153831 - 07/01/05 11:59 PM Re: gotta give em credit
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Yeah, it does look a littl meaner, but then again, it is a little meaner. 400ci/400hp, the return of the small block 400.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#153832 - 07/02/05 04:24 AM Re: gotta give em credit
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Front:
http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/bg_image20.jpg

Rear:
http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/bg_image19.jpg

Original Rear:
http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/bg_image2.jpg

I agree it makes the car look different but I am just not feeling it.
I am ok with the original rear look and the front sport appearance package. Still not enough for me. I'm trying to like it.

I'm not too concerned with them not offering a factory sunroof. I am happy with an aftermarket one. A dealer would just take it to an aftermarket one anyway.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#153833 - 07/02/05 10:42 AM Re: gotta give em credit
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
I'm not digging it. It's too much.....plastic. It looks like a Toyota Echo. Too skinny to be sitting that low to the ground. Makes the car seem taller.
#153834 - 07/02/05 01:20 PM Re: gotta give em credit
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
I do not like how the SAP makes the car look to square..it is a round car with a bunch of square plasic on it.

But a lot of people do like it.
#153835 - 07/02/05 02:56 PM Re: gotta give em credit
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Jizz:
I do not like how the SAP makes the car look to square..it is a round car with a bunch of square plasic on it.

But a lot of people do like it.
Agree. I don't like the square rear. Also it reminds me that its a plastic muscle car. I like the fact they are trying.

I'm sure the aftermarket can make a more beautiful front/rear end.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#153836 - 07/07/05 10:11 PM Re: gotta give em credit
GtCombination Offline
Loc: New York
I dont like the look at all. Im meeting up with my cousin who just picked one up last weekend and maybe i'll take some double shots. The interior is a lil okay but i still think a cavelier and neon had an affair and popped that thing out

" A true REAL mod takes longer than 1 hour to install"
" Dont like it then smile like a donut "
#153837 - 07/07/05 10:13 PM Re: gotta give em credit
GtCombination Offline
Loc: New York
Oh btw, i didnt make my sig hammer

" A true REAL mod takes longer than 1 hour to install"
" Dont like it then smile like a donut "