Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#219667 - 09/18/18 04:27 PM Wholesale Jerseys 2018 "He's very coachable
klmnop813311 Offline
Loc: china
"I thought I was just going to come in and be a role guy and do whatever I could to be a part of the team," Allen said. "If it was waiting the whole year behind those guys, I was going to have to do that."
That's all part of being a pro,Cheap Jerseys USA, Allen said.
Allen has helped himself to more playing time and it's paying off for him and the Chargers.
SAN DIEGO (AP) ? Rather than sitting and watching, San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen has been playing and producing.
There were questions about Allen's knee coming out of Cal, after he hurt it late last season. That caused him to slip to the 76th overall pick, and the Chargers were thrilled he was available.
But the lessons continue. When Allen pulled up on a go-route in Monday night's victory, it looked as if quarterback Philip Rivers had overthrown his target. Instead, it was an Allen miscue,cheap nfl jerseys, one that didn't go unnoticed by rookie coach Mike McCoy.
"I had done the same thing in practice," Allen said. "It was my mistake and I had to learn from it."
Rivers, though, doesn't own an IPhone.
When exiting Cal after his junior season, Allen had caught a school-record 205 passes for 2,570 yards, which was third in school history.
"It was a learning curve for me to get comfortable for the games and trying to find the right angles and a lot of things,Authentic Adidas Hockey Jerseys China," Allen said. "That is what the preseason is for."
In other news, Rivers said if his wife, Tiffany,Cheap Jerseys USA, goes into labor to deliver their seventh child this weekend, he's staying in Florida.
"He's very coachable," Brown said.
After an uneven summer, Allen has shown strides getting to the proper spots at the appropriate time.
"Once in Jacksonville,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, I'm in Jacksonville," said Rivers, who added that he would rely on FaceTime to stay in contact with his wife.
"It's about being mentally tough, being confident and having trust in your coaches that they are going to help you," Allen said.
With nine catches for 107 yards and a touchdown in Monday night's 19-9 win against Indianapolis, Allen became the second rookie in team history, after Don Norton in 1960, to have consecutive 100-yard receiving games. Allen had six catches for 115 yards and a TD in a loss at Oakland a week earlier.
"I have an IPad," he said. "So it's even a bigger screen for a better view."
Roles change quickly in the NFL. After having only three catches during the first three games, he has come on strong and has 23 catches for 332 yards and two touchdowns.
"He has a great ability to go get the ball," Brown said. "He has really stepped up."
The third-round draft pick out of California,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, wasn't expected to do much this season. With veterans Danario Alexander, Malcom Floyd and Vincent Brown in front of him, Allen was to take a backseat for his rookie season.

Alexander was lost for the year with a knee injury in offseason workouts and Floyd suffered a season-ending neck injury in a win over the Eagles on Sept. 15.
McCoy, though, mentioned how receptive Allen is to coaching. Brown sees the same thing.