Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199684 - 04/15/05 11:03 PM KyleGT
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I saw you play bass from the photo thread.

What kind of music does your band play?

I started learning guitar about 9 months ago and it's amazingly fun.

I've got a Epi Les Paul with a red quilt top. I use the new 30W Vox Valvetronix amp. Very cool effects with it.
#199685 - 04/15/05 11:11 PM Re: KyleGT
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Keep it up UMfan. Music is a great thing to know. I've been playing guitar for 11 years.
#199686 - 04/15/05 11:23 PM Re: KyleGT
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
Keep it up UMfan. Music is a great thing to know. I've been playing guitar for 11 years.
Yes it is. I played trumpet for 7 years, but gave it up in college to focus on school and other stuff.

Always wanted a guitar, but couldn't afford one until last summer. My buddy here has been playing for about 20 years and actually majored in guitar theory in college. He is a kickass player. Sometimes he drives up here and we just jam and BBQ all day long.

It's funny how often you run into other guitar players. It gives you a whole new language to have conversations.
#199687 - 04/16/05 04:44 AM Re: KyleGT
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
Well the band played grunge tyoe stuff, but it's kind of hard to describe. you can hear a few of our songs here . I wasn't mixed into it very well, so theres times when you can't really even hear me.
The reason I said "played" instead of "plays", is because we parted ways with the signer recently. He was being a total knob and not letting us have any input into the songs.
The rest of us are probably going to start up a metal band.

I've been playing guitar for 5 or 6 years, and bass for maybe 3.
As for my gear, I have a Jackson JX-40 bass, Crate BFX-100 amp, Samson AG1/UG1 Airline Wireless system, Jackson King (yes, king as in Kerry King) V guitar, and a small practice amp

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#199688 - 04/18/05 11:15 PM Re: KyleGT
TechMetalMan Offline
Loc: Houston
Hey guys, I play guitar and bass.

Guitar- I mostly play metal stuff, heavy stuff...thrash etc. some clips are here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/trentcarlmusic.htm

Just me and a few drum tracks. Original stuff and some of them are just jams-improv stuff. Been playing semi-seriously for 2-3 years. Not many people into the music i play that are up to par with me in my area around my age. frown

Bass- I have been learning to walk jazz bass stuff, and just started learning Jaco Pastorious stuff. Really gotten into jazz in the last year.

Music is life.