Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200194 - 02/10/06 09:33 PM Olympics - Opening show
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Anyone watch it?
Anyone see the when they did the ski jump guy?
Freaking awsome!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#200195 - 02/11/06 08:49 AM Re: Olympics - Opening show
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
The wife and I went out for valentines dinner last night. Only part of the whole show I saw was that ski jump guy. I was a bit disapointed when they changed camera views for the end with the silver confetti representing the snow flying when he came to a stop.
#200196 - 02/11/06 09:12 AM Re: Olympics - Opening show
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The wife and I were watching it, at first I said "what the ... what are they doing. IT'S A DUDE! It's a man!" Then the wife noticed it's a skier!
When he went down to the crotched position I yelled out "He's a down hill skier!", then the ramp showed up and away he went, then he jumped!
As you can tell I thought it was very cool!

All the fire displays were pretty freakin' awsome too.
Entertainment factor gets a 10 from me.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#200197 - 02/17/06 11:26 AM Re: Olympics - Opening show
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I haven't really been watching the Olympics, but on the Today show, they showed the US ice dancing team. I was enamored with Tanith Belbin and I guess my fiancee noticed the puddle of druel accumulating on my shirt as she asked "um..so how's your breakfast" with ire... cheers

You guys might want to watch Ice Dancing with your girlfriends or wives. They'll enjoy it and think you are sensative, and you'll get some time viewing this:

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/belbin-agosto/gal_snapshots/5.JPG