Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160971 - 04/18/06 04:57 AM Road Trip
buggy2068 Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, MO
Hey, y'all. Just in case you don't know, which I am sure you don't, I am in the United States Air Force. I am stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base in MO. I am formally inviting anyone who wants to attend to the base's air show and open house. The details are listed on the website below. If you want to come let me know. I don't know if we will have time to hook up or anything, because I have family coming from Ohio. So, just drop me a pm or respond to this post. If you need clearer directions let me know and I will be happy to help.

http://www.whiteman.af.mil/Wings_over_Whiteman/home_page/home_page.html
#160972 - 04/18/06 04:58 AM Re: Road Trip
buggy2068 Offline
I forgot to mention, if you want info about the base you can visit this website as well.

www.whiteman.af.mil
#160973 - 04/18/06 08:20 AM Re: Road Trip
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Before Austin-Bergstrom Airport was an airport, it was Bergstrom Airforce Base. I was there every year for their air show. Awsome memories. Thunderbirds were there every year. I actually saw a Stealth fighter come on for it's landing approach. That was the most awsome thing I've ever seen. I used to live not too far away from the Airfoce base, and I went to the store on the Friday beofre the weekend of their final show, before the base closed. On the way back from the store I saw this black thing in the air. I had no idea what it was until it banked left. "Stealth fighter!".

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#160974 - 04/18/06 02:17 PM Re: Road Trip
buggy2068 Offline
yeah, the stealth fighters are alright. they are being taken out of service. they will be replaced with the new F/22 Raptors. I work on the B-2 stealth bombers. They are pretty interesting planes. I grew up about forty-five minutes from an Air Station in Columbus, OH. Well, I didn't grow up in Columbus, but that is where the AS was. We saw 16s fly over every once in a while. I love airplanes.
#160975 - 04/19/06 05:28 PM Re: Road Trip
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I have to decline.