Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205501 - 10/07/07 08:07 AM thank you whoever you are
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
so i just got home from camping this weekend, and on my way home i was doing like 75 80 the whole way and its like 6 in the morning so its still dark and im coming up on these two cars dont look like a cop and i have a pretty good cop eye, well im really coming up on them quick and all of a sudden the guy on the right side of the road starts tapping his brake light, so i slow down wondering, and sure enough, its a state policer officer, so that person saved me from a ticket thank you whoever you are

im thinking that if ur driving behind a cop and somebody starts flying up, tapping the brakes a few times would be a good idea for people to do, just putting that out there, i'll def. be doing that to the next person i see

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#205502 - 10/08/07 12:45 PM Re: thank you whoever you are
20gtp02 Offline
I tapped my brakes like a dozen times to tell the idiot behind me that their high beams were on once. I guess it does work!

#205503 - 10/08/07 10:50 PM Re: thank you whoever you are
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
where I live people flash their high beams or tap their brake lights to warn each other around here if the cops are sitting in a dark spot. Since cops around here have navy blue cars they have a better advantage at night to hide.
#205504 - 10/10/07 09:25 AM Re: thank you whoever you are
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally posted by Dre da GP man:
where I live people flash their high beams or tap their brake lights to warn each other around here if the cops are sitting in a dark spot. Since cops around here have navy blue cars they have a better advantage at night to hide.
same.
although it seems people kind of stopped doing that, or don't understand what you mean now.
#205505 - 10/10/07 10:18 AM Re: thank you whoever you are
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dre da GP man:
[b] where I live people flash their high beams or tap their brake lights to warn each other around here if the cops are sitting in a dark spot. Since cops around here have navy blue cars they have a better advantage at night to hide.
same.
although it seems people kind of stopped doing that, or don't understand what you mean now. [/b]
Ditto. People around here will sometimes flash at you to warn you of other things... or to tell you that your high beams are on. smile

When I'm in my Stratus, I just let off the gas to slow down. It's pulling about 3k rpm at 80mph and with no torque converter to drop the rpms, the engine pulls it down at a decent pace.
#205506 - 10/10/07 11:06 AM Re: thank you whoever you are
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Around here people don't do that... Never herd of anyone doing that really... But I like to watch idiots flying up on me getting pulled over...
#205507 - 10/10/07 11:12 AM Re: thank you whoever you are
Richard Candelario Offline
Around here, folks MIGHT flash for cops, and if they do, they flash like 4 or 6 times REAL fast. I've seen the big rigs out here flash brake lights for me.

Got a story for yall: One day I was tryin to get home and help my wife with some unruly kids. I came up on a silver mid/full-size sedan that was, get this, only doing the speed limit. The joker gave ME a dirty look as I blew past him. Got him back, though. I gave him a dirty look as I was waitin for the cop to finish writing the ticket.

jk, never happened. Hi Mike.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#205508 - 10/10/07 11:31 AM Re: thank you whoever you are
20gtp02 Offline
I heard about a gang up state in the U.S. that sends their new comers out on the road at night in a car with the healights off. And the first person to flash them to tell them to turn their headlights on, well they have to go and take care of them. Pretty sick people if you ask me.

#205509 - 10/10/07 12:29 PM Re: thank you whoever you are
Richard Candelario Offline
False. I wouldnt doubt it to be possible, but no reported cases yet.

http://snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC