Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176997 - 08/28/09 02:53 PM A post for Boosten
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Well primarily Boosten, but anyone else that may have a Blackberry phone (I think Boosten has a blackberry?) or interested in cell phones/smart phones.

Is the blackberry tour a good phone? I'm interested in getting it because I can get a good deal with Verizon on it but still am wondering, is it worth it?

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#176998 - 08/28/09 10:36 PM Re: A post for Boosten
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
The Tour is one of the best phones Blackberry sells, i have the Storm, and i love it, Blackberry's are capable of many things, anything an iphone can do, the Storm can do, and the Tour, is the next step up from the Curve, i liked my curve, so i bet the Tour is even better. So to answer your question, it is WELL WORTH IT, the tour is going for a good deal right now through Verizon with new customers. Im sure you can get one pretty cheap, and youll like it, just have to get used to how it works, like the trackball, and all the apps.
#176999 - 08/28/09 10:49 PM Re: A post for Boosten
GrindingNemo Offline
Loc: Missoula MT
I have the blackberry curve, and have had the pearl flip. I dont know anything about the tour. I would say the curve is better than the pearl flip. But my buddy has a storm, and I would get that if alltel offered it.

Just a side note about verizon/ alltel, watch out for "deals" they offer you. I have had them rip me off twice that way. Once was total lies, and the other was supposed to be 20% off for a year, but somehow only lasted a month.
#177000 - 08/28/09 11:37 PM Re: A post for Boosten
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Just purchased the Blackberry Tour and got it all activated and stuff transferred over. The phone so far is a great experience and checking my email with like one button click is awesome and way convenient for me as a student.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#177001 - 08/29/09 02:40 AM Re: A post for Boosten
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
Blackberry's are capable of many things, anything an iphone can do
I don't know about EVERYTHING.

The screen is half the size and from the specs I looked up for the Tour, it doesn't look like it has wifi. Those are two important things I use daily on my iphone. I could be wrong about the wifi...that's just what I noticed on the verizon site.
#177002 - 08/29/09 10:59 AM Re: A post for Boosten
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Verizon usually cripples the wifi on their phones so you're forced to use their 3G network.
#177003 - 08/29/09 11:48 PM Re: A post for Boosten
BoostenGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
Verizon usually cripples the wifi on their phones so you're forced to use their 3G network.
well the Blackberry with verizon, you have to pay for internet, they are always connected online, $30 a month.
#177004 - 08/29/09 11:49 PM Re: A post for Boosten
BoostenGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Quote:
[b] Blackberry's are capable of many things, anything an iphone can do

The screen is half the size and from the specs I looked up for the Tour, it doesn't look like it has wifi. Those are two important things I use daily on my iphone. I could be wrong about the wifi...that's just what I noticed on the verizon site. [/b]
I have the STORM, its the same size as the Iphone. And i can do everything on my storm, i could do on my iphone. EXCEPT wifi, but i dont care about wifi, im always connected to internet.
#177005 - 08/29/09 11:55 PM Re: A post for Boosten
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Blackberry's are capable of many things, anything an iphone can do

The screen is half the size and from the specs I looked up for the Tour, it doesn't look like it has wifi. Those are two important things I use daily on my iphone. I could be wrong about the wifi...that's just what I noticed on the verizon site. [/b]
I have the STORM, its the same size as the Iphone. And i can do everything on my storm, i could do on my iphone. EXCEPT wifi, but i dont care about wifi, im always connected to internet. [/b]
Always connected is one thing. Being connected FAST is another.

I am always connected with my iphone too (that's what 3G is for), but Wifi is SO much faster.

I can use wifi at home, work, airport, etc...and it's WAY faster than 3G. I did not consider any smart phone that did not have wifi when I was looking for one.

My wife has a Blackberry Curve...she likes it. I don't. But I can tell you my internet is so much faster.