Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178041 - 09/08/05 09:14 PM NFL has started!!!
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
The NFL season has officially started!!!!

Go Patriots!

cheers cheers cheers cheers

I could hear the fireworks from my apartment....wish I could hear the music...
#178042 - 09/08/05 09:26 PM Re: NFL has started!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Pats are losing smile Go Oakland!!!!
#178043 - 09/08/05 09:39 PM Re: NFL has started!!!
BryantGTP Offline
Don't be hatin'
#178044 - 09/09/05 03:12 AM Re: NFL has started!!!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Its easy to love a winner...the Pats and the Red Sox have just about used up all of New Englands karma...I'm not dumping on the Pats, cuz it takes all kinds of toughness to do what they've done...but I think some one else might have their number this year. I look for both the Colts and the Chargers to make strong showings this year. As far as the NFC is concerned, I hope Dallas plays up to form. I dont expect them to win a championship, but a winning season would be nice...where are the Saints going to play their home games?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#178045 - 09/09/05 06:25 AM Re: NFL has started!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Iirc Houston.
#178046 - 09/09/05 07:15 AM Re: NFL has started!!!
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
Its easy to love a winner...the Pats and the Red Sox have just about used up all of New Englands karma...
I only knew what it was like to love a winner a few years ago. Before that we were loving a loser. There are fans that will leave as soon as they start losing again. But not me or my family. My dad has season tickets in the 10 row of the 50 yard line. He has those because he sat (and paid) through 34 years of losing, the second longest season ticket holder for the Patriots. We have Red Sox season tickets in the 5th row on the third baseline because he survived 28 years of Red Sox loss. I think it's ridiculous that people move around from team to team just because they are winning/losing.

In all honesty, I'd like to see the Pats slow down, it's too much pressure. I get nervous watching/going to the games.
#178047 - 09/09/05 08:03 AM Re: NFL has started!!!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Saints are using any empty professional field as their home. They're playing in New Jersey this weekend, against Carolina.
They're based out of San Antonio right now.

edit: Just heard on the radio their home games will be shuffled between San Antonio and LSU.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#178048 - 09/09/05 09:34 AM Re: NFL has started!!!
ThunderBat Offline
I guess when they finally get NO on its feet again and they play their first game in the Superdome, there will be a chorus of "the saints go marchin in" that will rattle the walls...and I agree with you Bryant about the pressure. the worst thing that can happen to a team is when the media and fans set expectations so high that anything else is considered failure. Its just like all the Cowboy fans that keep professing that this or that player or coach is the next ticket to the Super bowl...gimme a break...no one player or coach can make that much difference in one season...I'd really like to see Marty Schottenheimer get the monkey off his back. that poor guy has brought so many teams so close and never made it to the show.

#178049 - 09/10/05 12:13 AM Re: NFL has started!!!
ws6formula Offline
Loc: Michigan
I'm a Patriots fan myself too now. Finally threw in the towel with the Lions last season. Joey's taking them nowhere fast. Probably a rarity around the Detroit area. Here's my Pats face: usa

'02 GP coupe, Redfire Metallic - every available option except engine block heater
#178050 - 09/11/05 10:49 PM Re: NFL has started!!!
RyanJ Offline
Loc: Warren, Michigan
Im still a Lions fan, and what about todays game, Lions held the Packers to 3, winning 17-3

Go LIONS!

'99 GP GT, Custom CAI, 180 T-Stat, U-bend Delete, NGK TR55IX plugs and Taylor Super Spiro wires.
#178051 - 09/12/05 09:26 AM Re: NFL has started!!!
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by RyanJ:
Im still a Lions fan, and what about todays game, Lions held the Packers to 3, winning 17-3

Go LIONS!
That was a rather boring game, but the Lions pulled it out. Their D looked good.

Harrington overthrew C Rogers about 2-3 times. They need to get it to their star WRs instead of Marcus Pollard though.
#178052 - 09/12/05 02:35 PM Re: NFL has started!!!
Caesar Offline
At least the receivers actually caught some passes unlike in years past. I too was disappointed with the offense, but a win is a win. And Farve-Rah (Favre) didn't look good. Always nice to see since he usually embarrasses the Lions D.

Pollard was an excellent pickup. Not too many TE's get 8 touchdowns in a season, let alone when the 3 WR's he played with last year got 10+ each.

I'm trying to not be overly excited about the Lions. I've had too many years of heartache from them. Joey Sunshine should have his best year this year. He's got too many weapons to not have a spectacular year.

Lastly,

Did anyone notice Robert Porcher on the sidelines during the game?
#178053 - 09/13/05 03:48 PM Re: NFL has started!!!
ThunderBat Offline
I couldnt believe how strong the steelers and the colts both looked...I have to give Peyton Manning credit...I think he might just be the smartest qb in the game right now...I was also impressed with how much better carson palmer looked...if he can stay healthy and Marvin Lewis gives him some help I think Cinnci could turn into a real threat.

#178054 - 09/14/05 12:05 PM Re: NFL has started!!!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I''m a 49ers fan. go ahead, laugh. but at this rate they could win like 3-4 games this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were 1-0!!!
#178055 - 09/14/05 10:51 PM Re: NFL has started!!!
Caesar Offline
Ordonez...your 49ers may be in a slump...but you did have roughly 2 decades worth of great teams. And they went to how many Super Bowls? 5. How many did they win? 5. How many Super Bowls have the Lions won? A big fat ZERO. They've never made it there either. I'm still a diehard Lions fan, and I always will be.

The last time the Lions were any good was back in the days of Bobby Lane (last played for the Lions in 1957, retired from the Steelers in 1962). No, I'm not that old. My odometer just reached 30 in May.

Lions fans have been waiting almost 50 years for a championship team. We're due.