Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176466 - 09/10/06 12:19 AM U.T. vs OSU
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
who saw the game tonight it had its moments. I wont tell the score for those that have it recorded and haven't watched it.

#176467 - 09/10/06 03:30 AM Re: U.T. vs OSU
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
w00t!
#176468 - 09/10/06 11:05 AM Re: U.T. vs OSU
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
mad

Oh well, UT went up there and handed them their butt last year, it's only fair that they treated UT the same way this year. I did watch the game, I was at TMS doing the Laps for Chrity event. I heard UT looked about as sloppy as they could.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176469 - 09/10/06 10:47 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Their defense was crap they wouldn't even stick to Gonzalez even though he was the only one getting passed to the entire game.

#176470 - 09/12/06 10:57 AM Re: U.T. vs OSU
classicGTP Offline
Loc: Madison OH
Dear Bevo-

Just wanted to start off by saying find another endzone to graze in. Please admit the fact that you should have lost last year...and this year proved it. It is a good thing Coach Brown had Vince Young last year or he might have been canned...kind of like what Tressel is going to do to Coach Carr from michigan.

Hey I guess this proves the refs cant blow the whole game..cough(Roughing the passer..uh, well I dont know what you call that in Texas, but we call that football in Ohio; intentional grounding, I guess Mack Brown still have some of that majic left and can change a play five minutes after it is over). Texas is lucky the NCAA wanted a USC/Texas rematch in the campionship or the game would have been worse.

I will say this though they didnt deserve a drop to 8th in the rankings they are a better team than everyone in front of them, minus the Buckeyes of course. I guess in general looking back on it we wouldnt want to hurt a QB with a sissy name like Colt McCoy (hold on Star Trek fans no relation to the doctor). Oh well now that UT championship season is over you always have the TCU Horned Frogs still undefeated.

From the state that won-
Brutus the Buckeye
#176471 - 09/12/06 12:21 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
AustinGTP Offline
Is that how ya'll do it in ohio?
Here's how we do it here in Texas...
You played a fine game and the better team did win, congratulations on that. It would seem only fair since we went to your house and did something that hasn't been done to you in a long time, we beat you at home. Now you have repaid the favor by doing the same to us...
Good luck in your bid for the National Championship.
Maybe, just maybe we'll meet up again in Dec.
All's fair in love and war.

smile

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176472 - 09/12/06 12:24 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
AustinGTP Offline
...and by the way,
Ya'll left your sacrificial couch and love seat that you didn't get to burn.
For real. A couch and love seat was left behind on the streets.
Not too mention the huge mess that was left behind after the tailgating. Such a mess has never been left here by any opposing team... ever!

#176473 - 09/12/06 01:10 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Is that how ya'll do it in ohio?
Here's how we do it here in Texas...
You played a fine game and the better team did win, congratulations on that. It would seem only fair since we went to your house and did something that hasn't been done to you in a long time, we beat you at home. Now you have repaid the favor by doing the same to us...
Good luck in your bid for the National Championship.
Maybe, just maybe we'll meet up again in Dec.
All's fair in love and war.

smile
Yep, that is EXACTLY how Buckeye fans do it. Now you see why us Michigan fans hate them so much.
#176474 - 09/12/06 06:16 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
BTC13 Offline
Loc: Neptune Beach, FL
I'm just a little confused here. I'm not really a big fan of either of these two teams and feel that both are quite overrated. I find it amazing that on osu fan would have the audacity to complain about officiating after the gift they were given by the officials in the BCS game against Miami. That was one of the worst phantom interference calls I've ever seen. I guess if I use the same logic that classic does, then I can surmise that the NCAA bigwigs just couldn't face Miami winning another championship and directed the game officials to ensure that osu won the game.
1994 Ford Mustang
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby T II(putting back together)
#176475 - 09/12/06 07:49 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
classicGTP Offline
Loc: Madison OH
Ah so the five sacks and ten Turn-overs in that game didnt lose the game...I forgot your right. As a matter of fact I am also a browns fan, and as you may or may not know Ken Dorsey plays for the browns...the buckeyes ruined him, after that game he was never the same. As a matter of fact it if I recall they sacked him on the opening series that miami had the ball. So I guess the moral of the story is defense wins championships not thugs or "soldiers"(aka kellen winslow)
#176476 - 09/12/06 07:54 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
BTC13 Offline
You're too much. Face the facts than an obvious blown call by the officials lead to osu winning the BCS. Ken Dorsey was, at best, a good college quarterback, nothing special. Then again, it doesn't take a great quarterback to win the Superbowl or the NCAA championship. First, it takes a very good defense, second, you need a running game much more than a passing game. There are many examples of this in college and pro ball.

oops, hit the wrong key.

How many NCAA #1 ranked team quarterbacks have ended up with long successful careers? Not many. Spurrier won his one and only Championship when he had Fred Taylor. While a passing game genius, he has as of yet realized that the running game and defense will fill the trophy case with the big trophy. I don't remember Danny Weurfel having very much success at the pro level. It's the same in pro ball. Even Don Shula forgot what won him Superbowls, defense and a solid running game. Some consider Dan Marino the greatest pure passer to lace up cleats, but no running game, no trophy. Elway never won the big game until he had a running game. I can rattle off many lesser pro qb's that have held the trophy after the final game. Johnson, currently with Minnesota and winner with Tampa, and Dilfer, formerly with Tampa and winner with Baltimore. That being said, as well as osu played Miami in the BCS game that year, it took an obvious terrible call for osu to win. Facts are facts, osu needed the help of an awful call in order to hoist the trophy.
1994 Ford Mustang
#176477 - 09/12/06 08:16 PM Re: U.T. vs OSU
BTC13 Offline
By the way, not only are you way off base moaning about good/bad officiating, you want to play the old "thug" card too. Here's one for you, Maurice Clarett(spelling?) Not to mention the former qb with such a gambling habit, he did hard time. You just need to get off of the good old osu "cool-aid" and try to have a little class in celebrating one simple victory. Remind me how many times osu has won the mythical NCAA national championship in the last 35 years. Am I wrong in 1 being the answer to that? Then again, I don't expect much class from a program who's coach (Woody Hayes)decided he'd take to the field and corral an opposing player(Clemson), because his own players couldn't handle it. Look, I can go on and on with these for days about osu, Miami, FSU, Texas, USC, UCLA, Nebraska, etc... The point is, a clean program does not exist, some just hide the dirt and skeletons better than others.
1994 Ford Mustang