Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168656 - 04/01/07 12:40 PM Firebird name suggestions
Richard Candelario Offline
I'm looking for some name suggestions for the 85 Firebird I just picked up. She's a New Mexico car, and I'm Chicano, so this car's GOTTA have a Mexican name. The car is green, so I'm thinking the name should come from a Castillian girl that is short and small, and either cannot or will not get herself into trouble (2.8 liter engine). My wife kinda likes Christina, I'm thinking Belen.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#168657 - 04/01/07 07:09 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
The Green Car'd laugh cheers lol

sorry i had to smile

i like belen

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#168658 - 04/01/07 07:40 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Its best to name the car while looking at it. Belen seems to work better for a green car.

Pics? laugh

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#168659 - 04/01/07 08:47 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
im sorry i wouldnt put a mexican name on it i liked smokey ..... gosh i love that movie
#168660 - 04/01/07 10:21 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
LOL, Smokey just aint a lady's name. I'll post pics as soon as I remember, honestly. Looks like Belen has a strong lead. I'll give a decision tomorrow PM. Give some folks a chance to weigh in.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#168661 - 04/01/07 11:11 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Belen sounds good to me.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#168662 - 04/02/07 02:21 AM Re: Firebird name suggestions
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Adda....meaning noble spirit

Carmelita...meaning garden or orchard (goes with the green color)

Annabella...meaning easy to love (I know Firebirds have entranced me for years)

Gabriella...I suggest this simply because I remember watching Gabriella Sabatini play tennis...she was beautiful, graceful and a class act all the way. (not just beautiful, but sexy as well)

Suriana...meaning the sun princess

One other point (not quite related) is that I have found the revering of the Phoenix to be present in many cultures. I was especially suprised to find out that the Japanese "Yin-Yan" symbol actually represents the heads of two Phoenix birds, one male and one female. It is said to symbolize both conflict and harmony, but most of all balance. It seems the "Firebird" is a deity to many people from mnay backgrounds...maybe Bob Lutz should consider that before he slaps the next GTO emblem on.

Congrats on the new addition...hope she is sweet to you, whatever you happen to name her. cheers

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#168663 - 04/02/07 11:13 AM Re: Firebird name suggestions
Carmelita, Belen, Consuela. I'm leaning away from Consuela. Hmm...Oh!, TBatm thanks alot for the introspective on the Phoenix/Firebird. I agree, then, that the Bird should be the next Goat. Or at least the next Pontiac "Camaro". As for her being sweet, well, she puked her tranny 5 hours after I bought her and got her home. I think this is gonna be an interesting relationship here.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#168664 - 04/02/07 11:46 AM Re: Firebird name suggestions
T.J. Offline
Loc: Tennessee
i say "Daughter of Carlos" or "Mariah Christine"
#168665 - 04/02/07 10:30 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2fast4u:
[QB] The Green Car'd laugh cheers lol

sorry i had to smile

THAT IS NOT RIGHT 2FAST4U. laugh
#168666 - 04/03/07 12:14 AM Re: Firebird name suggestions
ThunderBat Offline
5 whole hours she waited...impetuous little thing that she is laugh ...I personally looked at another V6 Mustang today that was a Navy metallic blue (very pretty) made me think of Sephira the Dragon from the movie "Eragon"...it also made me wonder...Chevy will most certainly offer a V6 version of the Camaro to compete against the Mustang...but there is just no way to build a Pontiac V6 model and still call it GTO...or Pontiac will not get a V6 version to keep from competing with the G6 vert (the no-trunk hardtop wonder)

Hopefully the tranny will be her baptism into the family and she'll be happy from here. Colleen can tell her all about how life is good there.

#168667 - 04/03/07 11:57 AM Re: Firebird name suggestions
LOL, true. I've also picked a name. The gutless wonder wearing the nice green dress will be called Belen F Pontiac. I sure hope Colleen G Pontiac does get to talkin to Belen to tell her how I like to care for my cars, and let them stretch their legs every now and then. I SHOULD have time to take pics today at lunch, unless Colleen's title arrives, then I'm getting that taken care of. Thanks for the suggestions yall.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#168668 - 04/03/07 05:32 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
ThunderBat Offline
happy birthday Belen...give this man a cigar (and a transmission) laugh

#168669 - 04/04/07 10:24 AM Re: Firebird name suggestions
LOL, thanks.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#168670 - 04/04/07 06:23 PM Re: Firebird name suggestions
ThunderBat Offline
Richard, your impulsive habits are almost getting me into trouble (j/k) wink ... I stopped off from work this afternoon at a local used car lot and spied a gorgeous 2001 Camaro convertible...Sunset Orange metallic with a black top and leather interior...I just had to have a closer look...3.8 v6, steering wheel audio controls, chrome wheels...the next thing I know I'm actually inside talking to someone about this car...I'm thinking to myself "Suriana, the sun princess"...then the other voice chimes in (pssst...what the hell are you doing?)...I got back in the T-Bat, opened the sunroof and drove home...man was that close. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >