Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209344 - 04/22/08 12:30 AM Update on noisy neighbor
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well the guy turn on his subwoofer up on Sunday and I went down there calm and mellow and asked him nicely to please turn that down a little bit because the base is really loud on the surround sound, then he got nasty and said that he couldn't sleep last night and I told him that I wasn't there and I left because I got real mad and my eye was twicting. I know I;m suppose to overlook people like that but I can't help it that Im violent.

So tonight I was on the computer and I heard a band under my foot so I stomp so hard back that my lamp feel of the table and broke and then he hit the ceiling a whole bunch of times and I just felt that he was very disrectful because I had just woke up and he doing dumb stuff like this and probably his girl was banging to.

I went to the office to complain but I don't think nothing happen and I went down there to ask him to turn it down a little and stop beating on the wall and I don't want to call the police but what else should I do before I call the police. A letter under the door is not going to do no good because he is really nasty with people and another neighbor says that he hates black people which I happen to be black.
#209345 - 04/22/08 12:35 AM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Not much you can do, other than buy your own subwoofer to play at all hours or call the police. If you had the spare cash, a nice sub facing down on the floor would give me some sh*ts and giggles.

Some people you just can't do anything with.
#209346 - 04/22/08 01:02 AM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Can you move to a different apartment in the complex?
#209347 - 04/22/08 01:45 AM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I used to have this happen to me all the time in my old apartment. It's actually the biggest reason why I got a house...I couldn't stand noisy neighbors.

In one set of apartments they had their own security and I would call them. They could go to the apartment, and if they could hear loud noise after 9pm, they would issue a warning. That usually did it, but if not, a second call would result in the cops showing up and issuing a noise citation.
#209348 - 04/22/08 02:21 AM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well I don't want to move to a different complex because it might be worse but that one is still pending ARC.

UMFAN, I just found out that fairfax county cops are real tough on these noises and that I should call the cops.

Rook, thats my first opinion before all of this started back in september but I fill that it might get worse because they have a real surround sound that sounds like your at the darn movies.

I know sometimes there things that can't be solved but I be damned(sorry herc, austin about bad word) if I moved to another apartment in this complex unless they guarranteed that its very quiet and a apartment thats not squeaky everytime I walked on the floor.

So Im going to take my supervisors advice and write down everything they do and how many times I report it to the office and show the police the sheet of things I wrote down hopefully that works.
#209349 - 04/22/08 02:52 AM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
I'll rent you my system. It'll even make his lights go dim. And structural damage (its happened once haha)
#209350 - 04/22/08 07:10 AM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
haha, if he said to you that he hates black people i would call the 5-0 tell them that he has been extreamly disrespectufl to you and that he is discriminateing aganced you and tell them that you are quiet, most of the time when i got hte police involved when i had troubble then shit got taken care of
#209351 - 04/22/08 07:44 AM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Find a buddy you get along with and rent a house. Problem solved and you can get a garage toboot wink
#209352 - 04/22/08 03:09 PM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I see one fix for this... move... It sounds like hes not going to anytime soon. I agree with Herc, time for a house wink
#209353 - 04/22/08 04:53 PM Re: Update on noisy neighbor
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
haha, if he said to you that he hates black people i would call the 5-0 tell them that he has been extreamly disrespectufl to you and that he is discriminateing aganced you and tell them that you are quiet, most of the time when i got hte police involved when i had troubble then shit got taken care of
I say there are two choices.

1) Call the office every day asking if they did anything.

2) If one night it gets bad again, call the police. No need to do anything else. This is regardless if he is discriminating or not.

I definately wouldn't say to the police he is discriminating against you as there is no proof except for a neighbor telling you. Depending on the officers mentality and where you live at, they may not take your response as seriously if you say you were discriminated against. Just stating you tried to talk to the neighbor several times and you called the office. If those other neighbors are affected, get them involved in the testimony as well.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.