Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173243 - 07/19/08 08:27 PM Rca Cable Questions
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i have a surround sound that has the pr pb and y connections to reg RCA connections because thats all my tv has any help please
#173244 - 07/19/08 08:31 PM Re: Rca Cable Questions
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
you're going to have to rephrase that sentence because I couldn't find a question in there to answer...

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#173245 - 07/19/08 08:43 PM Re: Rca Cable Questions
4drgt Offline
ok on my tv i have reg RCA connections the R&Y&W connections but on my surround sound i have PB PY and Y connections, i am trying to figure out how i can get the connections on my surround sound to work with my tv with my reg rca connecions. does this help zerg?
#173246 - 07/19/08 09:30 PM Re: Rca Cable Questions
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Yes it helps, thank you.

Now the thing is, the PB PY and Y (Red,Green, and Bluee right?) ALL 3 of those are actually video output.

Those 3 actually equal the single yellow plug for the Red,White, and Yellow.

If you use the component cables, you actually use 5 cables, Pb-Py-Y-Audio Red-Audio White.

So it would SEEM, that your surrond sound is capable of channeling video info as well.

But besides that, here's what you do.

Grab just the White and Red Audio OUTPUT from your DVD player or w/e.
Feed those in the Audio INPUT on your surround sound box. It will probably have a a group of plug-ins labeled for DVD players.

Leave the Yellow Video from your DVD player pluged into your TV. You don't have to mess with that one.

So what you'll need to do is turn your TV to whatever input channel your DVD player is on. It with havve picture but no audio until you switch on the surround sound to the DVD player channel.

If you still can't figure it out, snap a picture of the back of your surround sound box, as well as anything you need to hook it to. I'll mock-up a picture to explain it better.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#173247 - 07/19/08 10:29 PM Re: Rca Cable Questions
4drgt Offline
ok well im gonna have to take pics and post them
#173248 - 07/21/08 09:01 PM Re: Rca Cable Questions
20gtp02 Offline
If you have a surround sound, you should have some sort of audio inputs, either RCA, Coaxial, or mono audio input.