Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#193262 - 04/06/09 09:56 AM Bob Lutz stepping down as well
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
While Bob was slated to retire at the end of this year anyhow, he has elected to leave early in an effort to make GMs balance sheet look better. He probably also figures if he doesnt leave before a Govt controlled bankruptcy takes place he may lose out in huge numbers.

I know I have bashed the guy repeatedly over the years since his arrival at GM, mostly due to his adamantly opposing any possible return of the Firebird in any form. However I must admit that he has a long track record of bringing performance cars to market as he did with both Chrysler and GM as well. At this point I only hope his abscence does not sound a death knell for Pontiac as a whole.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#193263 - 04/06/09 10:05 AM Re: Bob Lutz stepping down as well
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Sounds like he's trying to keep his retirement pay. Wonder what bankruptcy will do to his and Wagoners pension?
#193264 - 04/06/09 10:06 AM Re: Bob Lutz stepping down as well
Richard Candelario Offline
Let us hope. Kinda nice of him to step down for the better of the company, but by now I can see past the political/press release answers and realize what it is they're really saying.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC