Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211557 - 07/26/08 12:08 PM Suspension Mods
Beamie Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I have a '06 GXP and it handles pretty well for a car of its size, but tell me how can I get it to come close to handling like my '05 Chrysler Crossfire.

I don't know how many people from this forum is familiar with Philadelphia, but we have a drive called Lincoln Drive that is a 4 lane highway, two lanes each way, and is notorious for its tight turns.

I had a '68 Chevy Impala in the '80's that was able to negotiate the drive at about 65 MPH, average speed, just by throttling the gas all while staying in its own lane. I would like to see my GXP do the same, but better.

I would like to explore handling improvements with this vehicle if anyone is interested.

Believe me, I'm also doing other mods to this joint as I write and get this thread started. This party is just getting started as I have just picked up this vehicle only two weeks ago. cool
Misc:
'68 Pontiac Firebird: Will Be Fully Restored When I Retire
'84 Kawasaki ZX900a Ninja: Fully Restored
#211558 - 08/04/08 11:07 AM Re: Suspension Mods
badfish79 Offline
Loc: Fort Olgethorpe GA
I agree with you, I would love to be able to do some suspension work to the GXP...but so far I have not been able to find anything out there
#211559 - 08/05/08 11:53 PM Re: Suspension Mods
Beamie Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
There's some interesting stuff going on over at "LS1Tech.com" about this. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897123

I've been emailing different companies and getting positive responses about everything but 'Strut Braces'. They're non-Existent on GXP's.

I might be able to modify a 'Strut Brace for GXP's. Maybe I'll order one in the near future and see what I can come up with in the Machine Shop. Maybe I'll make it a winter project.
Misc:
'68 Pontiac Firebird: Will Be Fully Restored When I Retire
'84 Kawasaki ZX900a Ninja: Fully Restored
#211560 - 08/08/08 11:25 PM Re: Suspension Mods
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
www.drcustomparts.com has GXP Strut tower bars

www.gpona.com has a GXP section with lots of info

"Mr. Mom"
#211561 - 10/04/08 06:11 PM Re: Suspension Mods
ZOOMER Offline
Loc: Boone NC
STB's are a cheap mod for any W body they are well worth the investment, a couple pics of mine I installed last week

Moderator:  AustinGTP, Marc Harbison, Redshift