Opinions on brake caliper colors

Posted by: zuulmusic

Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 01:43 PM

I'm doing my brakes next week.
I bought larger caliper brackets so I could put the monte carlo sized (12") rotors in the front. I was just outside cleaning the brackets up and decided to get your input on color schemes.

The picture below is from when I painted my calipers last. I'm thinking I want to have the new brackets powdercoated, and maybe a different color. 2-tone might be cool! I don't want to powdercoat the calipers themselves since they'd need rebuilt, so I'm going to repaint them.

So what colors do you think? Red caliper, black powdercoated brackets? or silver?

Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 01:50 PM

my self i would go black brackets and red calipers, u might as well get them powdercoated also, its easy to rebuild them. Have fun coloring!
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 02:30 PM

i mean it all depends on if you plan on doing anything else to your car, i think the red looks really good, silver would look good too. you could do some other red accents on your car and it would really make your car good. If you upgrade, can i have your old rotors? im looking for some cheap cross drilled rotors
Posted by: framos242

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 02:36 PM

If you want 2 tone theme then go with red and black. The silver wouldn't show up as much IMO. If not, stick with the red. Good luck and take some pics.
Posted by: GTPJesse

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 03:30 PM

If you go two tone....stick with red, and black.....my car is silver with a red theme. "PONTIAC" calipers, and badges are red....the only other color I have going is the bright yellow on the lettering of the GOODYEAR/ EAGLE which makes the car stand out.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 06:10 PM

Red/black
Posted by: Devenaroo

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 08:21 PM

Heres before & after pics. Upgraded to GXP Setup

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 09:01 PM

Is the GXP set up a dual piston? and what size rotor?
Posted by: Kev-GTP

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 09:07 PM

That looks amazing dude. I'm jealous....
Posted by: Devenaroo

Re: Opinions on brake caliper colors - 08/22/07 09:17 PM

yes, dual piston & 12 rotors