Touch up paint.

Posted by: jorgs_7

Touch up paint. - 08/09/09 01:26 PM

I got a deep 2 inch scrape on my trunk lid, Its down to the grey metal underneath the white paint frown

I had touch up paint from the dealer, But everytime I used that, It looked bad and looked like blobs. Is there a kit at auto zone or something?
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Touch up paint. - 08/09/09 06:09 PM

Autozone sells Duplicolor touch up paint in 1/2 oz bottles: Scratch Fix 2in1
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: Touch up paint. - 08/09/09 07:15 PM

I answered your post on CGP. Dealer touch up paint is not some miracle solution that will make your scratch disappear. It takes a lot of work and attention to detail to use touch up paint correctly to fill in a scratch. It is NOT something you simply apply to the scratch and suddenly it's gone. Repairing scratches takes many steps as well as other products to be done correctly.
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: Touch up paint. - 08/12/09 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 98greenGT:
I answered your post on CGP. Dealer touch up paint is not some miracle solution that will make your scratch disappear. It takes a lot of work and attention to detail to use touch up paint correctly to fill in a scratch. It is NOT something you simply apply to the scratch and suddenly it's gone. Repairing scratches takes many steps as well as other products to be done correctly.
Very true, back when I had my old bumper I thought that dealership paint touch up would solve a little scratch i had on my front bumper, unfortunately it was very noticeable still and now realize it does require a lot of attention, etc.