Post PowerDrop pic

Posted by: 20gtp02

Post PowerDrop pic - 03/04/09 11:26 PM

I searched before, but couldn't find it.
I thought I saw a picture of it on this board.
I would like to have this pic added to the FAQ so people understand what/where the powerdrop is.
Thanks GP enthusiasts.
Took em myself.

To get to it, open glove box. Then look on left and right and you'll see two circular spongie items. They lock the box so it can't open to far. Squeeze the box together to free the items from the side, and glove box will drop down.

Mine says power drop on the label and describes the wires.

Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/04/09 11:28 PM

thats what im talking about, this is what i need ! wohoah
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/05/09 12:09 AM

Sometimes it's hidden back there. Just search, it's back behind some stuff sometimes.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/05/09 08:35 AM

Just look for the orange, pink and black wires. Sometimes you have to look real hard, but they are back there.
Mine wasn't labeled. Labeling would make it easier to find.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/05/09 03:34 PM

Does anyone know a good "Tach" wire to use? I need a wire that has voltage (any amount) after the engine is running. I've been searching with my volt meter and cant find one ANYWHERE!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/05/09 10:00 PM

Just about any wire, LOL. Y can't you use power drop wire?
Posted by: ChrisGT

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/09/09 12:12 AM

So I'm guessing the power drop harness that zzp sells plugs into this? Or is it just another power drop? Not that I would buy it but im jw.

Sorry Ive never wired a gp so Ive been under my dash all weekend checking all the wiring I could get at.

I bought a auto meter pro sport boost gauge for $8 (the big one) off a a friend and was wondering where to wire the back light up to lol. Where I have it placed it is easier to run to this.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/09/09 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGT:

I bought a auto meter pro sport boost gauge for $8 (the big one) off a a friend and was wondering where to wire the back light up to lol. Where I have it placed it is easier to run to this.
Just run the back light wire to the dimmer switch wire.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/09/09 10:20 AM

You didn't explain what this is like you said you would. Why should I care? If I unplug this will I gain 20HP? wink
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/09/09 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGT:

Here ya go: Lighting Your Gauges
Posted by: notladstyle

Re: Post PowerDrop pic - 03/09/09 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
Does anyone know a good "Tach" wire to use? I need a wire that has voltage (any amount) after the engine is running. I've been searching with my volt meter and cant find one ANYWHERE!
IIRC engine compartment, white wire in the 10 pin plug that runs over the crank case.

Will post pics if requested.