Tint?

Posted by: Daniel

Tint? - 08/06/05 07:13 AM

I'm looking to tint my GTP's windows someday. Any suggestions on the best brand/type of tint for the money? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot, but then again I don't want to be cheap and get cruddy tint.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Tint? - 08/06/05 09:00 AM

Get the metalized tint, don't bother wasting your money with the dyed tint.
Posted by: Jose

Re: Tint? - 08/06/05 01:24 PM

which one is the metalized tint?Dyed Tint? im lost
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Tint? - 08/06/05 08:35 PM

If you're having it done professionally, they'll know.
Dyed tint has a blue/purple look to it.
Metalized gives off more of a reflection.
Posted by: bigant1274

Re: Tint? - 08/06/05 10:34 PM

i got the metal tint and it is worth it,,but if your in va i think yo can only go to about 50% on the front windows,,,va sucks like that. anyways spend the mney and get the good stuff. and if you find a place that has the spray on tint get that thumbsup
Posted by: KungFuFighter

Re: Tint? - 08/07/05 11:46 PM

M3 tint is the best quality. The best tint job is gettin the tint one shade below legal. Cops will never know, and it looks great thumbsup .
Posted by: RooK

Re: Tint? - 08/08/05 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KungFuFighter:
M3 tint is the best quality. The best tint job is gettin the tint one shade below legal. Cops will never know, and it looks great thumbsup .
Unless they use a testing device which some cops carry...
Posted by: KungFuFighter

Re: Tint? - 08/08/05 11:37 AM

yea, that stupid laser thing :rolleyes: . But, With the naked eye, it's hard to tell the difference .
Posted by: steve6971

Re: Tint? - 08/12/05 01:30 PM

hey guys im getting my windows tinted this afternoon and i was wondering how hard it was to take apart the thrid brake light? cuse i remember reading on here it looks better with it removed.
Posted by: snowcrash

Re: Tint? - 08/12/05 02:28 PM

i think you have to remove the backseat to get it out. take the seat out and then take the speaker thing off. it's amazing how many times i've read about taking the backseat out and i can never remember!
Posted by: 01redfireGTP

Re: Tint? - 08/12/05 02:32 PM

Posted by: framos242

Re: Tint? - 08/12/05 03:25 PM

Check your local laws for the level of darkness of the tint.
Posted by: steve6971

Re: Tint? - 08/12/05 11:25 PM

thanks guys and i already know about the laws as do i know when i get my car tinted it will be illegal.
Posted by: Bitchn-GTP

Re: Tint? - 01/25/06 05:48 PM

dont spend a lot on it if its illegal, here in michigan its illegal to have ANY tint on your front windows except 4inches down from the top (STUPID). and one of my friends got pulled over with 20% on, and the cop said he could either peel it off right now orget a ticket and have to come back and prove that he took it off later, needless to say he spend 180 bucks on a tint job to have an oink make him scrap it devileek banghead
Posted by: Tooon

Re: Tint? - 01/26/06 11:02 AM

The guy I bought my car from was a Cop in San Antonio and he had some really good tint on the windows. Its dark on the outside but you can see easily threw it from the inside. I guess he got the hookup on tint since he was a cop haha. darthvader
Posted by: lanboysam

Re: Tint? - 02/03/06 12:08 AM

PA is very similar to MI but we can have "stock" tint so if you buy your car with it done its legal thats why ive noticed a few of my friends had the dealership put tint on before it left without it..but i have noticed its more upon the cop and weather he "needs" the ticket/pull over or weather your doing somthing stupid to draw attention to yourself..i kno cops personally that have their trucks done and have gone buy more state cops than you could shake a stick at with window tint and a disturbingly loud system but havnt gotten pulled over yet...