DEBADGED

Posted by: Javier

DEBADGED - 10/21/03 11:37 PM

i what my car to be debadged, how do i do it?
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: DEBADGED - 10/21/03 11:52 PM

take the badges off

Re: DEBADGED - 10/21/03 11:54 PM

ok, fine, I'll give you some more

Required:
Fingers
Hairdryer

Heat the suckers up and peel them off. You'll need some heavy duty cleaner to get the adhesive off. Someone else will probably be able to recommend something. If it's a GTP, then the badges are thicker and there are probably better ways to take them off.

-Andrew
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 08:51 AM

I've used dental floss before.
Pass the floss between the badge and car. There will be some "goo" left behind, but it's pretty easy to clean up.
Posted by: damojo2003

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 09:06 AM

I had a friend at a body shop take off my grandprix badge in the back. He had a tool with a razor that took it off and left just a little bite of the tape. He then used a pressure washer to get the tape off. Just a little bit of cleaning and I was all set. no
Posted by: rmarrt2

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 10:05 AM

Sounds good.
Posted by: CanadianDanno

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 12:32 PM

Let me understand... what is the deal with taking the badges off? Are you guys putting new ones in or is it just that you don't like what they look like?? Maybe I need to get with the times, I don't know.

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CanadianDanno:
Let me understand... what is the deal with taking the badges off? Are you guys putting new ones in or is it just that you don't like what they look like?? Maybe I need to get with the times, I don't know.
I'm only good with this because everytime someone gets a new car, I get the call to come and rip the dealership badges off that they stick on there. Bastards...
hammer
Posted by: Nebulus

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 01:56 PM

The dealer badges are usually easy to get off the car. Nothing I hate worse than a fat, chromy "Morse Chevrolet" badge under the GP badge. I do like the GP badges, but I think I might score some of the colored ones from teh GP store - they just look better.

One tip to taking off the adhesive is just use WD40. It won't hurt the paint, and it also works REALLY well at taking off bugs and that ever neasty road tar - it procatically melts that off.

I typically use WD40 once a year on the "big" cleaning day. I'll wash the car with dawn, WD40 the tar and other crap, wash, then clay, rinse, then hit the whole thing with a 3 step waxing with Zaino Brothers and the orbital buffer. The results are - amazing.

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 02:44 PM

Gasoline.

Best cleaner. Just wash the car when you are done with the rough spots. Don't want to leave gas on the paint.
Posted by: damojo2003

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 02:49 PM

I guess gas work work. I would just use goo off. I feel much safer using a little bit of that than gas.

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by damojo2003:
I guess gas work work. I would just use goo off. I feel much safer using a little bit of that than gas.
why? you smoke?

just kidding. I only use it when my girlfriend parks her car under trees at her school in NH...
Posted by: kwiksilver

Re: DEBADGED - 10/22/03 07:37 PM

I took off all my badges just because I like the clean smooth look of it. Plus being a GTP most people mistake it for a GT than. Than we race, they lose!
Posted by: why2kmax

Re: DEBADGED - 10/23/03 04:27 PM

Lighter fluid is a good solvent for getting the glue off. It doesnt harm the clear coat either BUT use a cotton rag or towel, DO NOT use paper towels.

Jeff
Posted by: Rafie

Re: DEBADGED - 11/06/03 09:34 AM

gasoline is too harsh, it will dull your paint. the best soloution to use is "goo goine"

Re: DEBADGED - 11/06/03 10:43 AM

it can be harsh, but I haven't found anything better that can take off a sap spot that is 2 inches wide and an inch tall. Welcome to New England...