Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix

Posted by: Alex

Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 06:33 PM

Hi,

Last night a met a friend's boss, and he has a Grand Am, he doesn't stop talking about the advantages of having a newer model than my Grand Prix GT 97, and you know, i notice he wanted to justificate why an older man has a car which seem to be less than mine, and why his car is much better than mine (is not my opinion, i really don't care)but he was anoying, and I really don't wanted to cause a discussion because of my friend. But next time i would like to have strong and easy to understand arguments to SHUT HIS MOUTH OFF. Could you please help me??

Thanks in advance.

Alex cheers
Posted by: GTPJack

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 07:05 PM

In what ways was he saying that his Grand Am is better than your GP? I think they're ok but don't have same potential.

GTPJack
Posted by: zachd

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 07:22 PM

Yeah, if he says they are faster and he has a 3.4 with auto tranny (all new ones are) tell him you will hand his ass to him because you should. Also tell him that the 3.8 is a better motor and has more power. Also tell him the dash in the Grand am is ugly. Also tell him he cant compare his grand am to your car, it is a sub midsize class car. You on the other hand have a car that is midsize and therefore in a different class. Then if he is still being a punk tell him if you wanted to save money you would have gotten a grand am and not a grand prix. And if the guy has a four cylinder tell him to eat you. That is the most mature way i can think of handling this.

Reminds me of a guy i work with that is constantly telling me the advantages of his eclipse and how he would hand me my but with my 98 gt. Needless to say one night he was coming over to my house and i raced him ina rolling start 55 on. stopped at 75 because i was already a car length on him. Then on the twisties to my house where he said his car 'shined' i left him without a chance for him to even think.
Posted by: TexasGP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 07:42 PM

Yea...my wife has a 01 Grand Am SE with the 4 banger. It does have its perks, but doesnt compare to my 99 GP SE. Besides, if you look around, there are tons of GA's driving around, and most of them are stock. I haven't seen too many all moded up. And my wifes GA has worse fuel economy than my GP. I'd rather have a GP than a GA. I do drive the GA some....just to keep my miles low on the GP and when we haul all our kiddos around. No Kiddos in my car! That's my 2 cents on the GA.
Posted by: bryanp

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 08:22 PM

I've always looked at Grand Am's as wannabe Grand Prix's. I mean they have all these lines on their car, trying to make it look sporty. What's that, oh wow a v6 badge.

Grand Prix's just look good, period. They don't need to have all this side paneled crap, and if that still doesn't get ya, racing a GTP against the best a Grand Am has to offer (or even a grand prix gt), it will answer any remaining questions you have on the car.

Anyway I guess I'm ramnbling. The best thing that can be said was by zachd "tell him if you wanted to save money you'd buy a grand am." Because that says it all right there.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 08:37 PM

Sort of like comparing a camero to a corvette.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
Well said!!!!
Posted by: GdGTP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 11:07 PM

But not really b/c they have the same engine...more like a Camaro Z28 to a V6 Camaro...ugh, in any matter...GA's suck balls when it comes to comparing performance with GPs...
Posted by: Jizz

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/21/04 11:14 PM

I agree also...

Quote:
I am not sure of the situation but it is 2 totaly different classes of cars. To try to compare them would be silly-ish. Even if they are a few years apart.

One thing you can say (IMHO) is if the GA was as good as the GP there would be no need for the GP. Follow me? The GA (I hate to say it like this - cause I mean no ill offense) is for the less "fortunate"

I was looking at a 2002 SS Camero (I traded my Vette for a stroller smile ) So I went to look at a 2002 Camero SS and the Chevy salesman (keep in mind I owned a 99 Vette Converable)

"Look at how the exhaust is centered and the line make up the car. This is the clostest thing you'll get to having a Vette"

At that point I left and bought a Avalanche (I know not the same sport, but neither is the Camero to the Vette) Follow me?

Sheesh I can ramble on hammer TIME!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 11:50 AM

Ok, next time this guy starts talking about his great GA i wont mind if he's my friend's boss, thats why i behave my self a little.

In fact as somene of you asked, everything started when i parked behind his GA and the "muscles" of my GP were evident, so he started saying that big cars were old fashioned, and how difficult should be for me to park in Mexico City, yo know and he didn't stop for about an hour of chat to find deffects but mainly in the size, and in the weight, and maneuverability.

I just said, well, if i would like to have a car ONLY for his size and that, i would buy a Nissan, but theres more in a car than size. You know i didn't wanted to be rude.

Thanks all.

Alex.
Posted by: blown_gp

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 12:17 PM

I have driven a GA GT and now that I own my GTP I can tell you that the GA is a strong performer but it will never equal to a GP, it would be silly for Pontiac to make their submidsize better than their midsize, I mean look at how quickly they had to upgrade the Maxima once they realized that the new Altimas were faster than the Maxima, no matter how you look at it the GA is the cheaper of the two, and that is for a reason.
Posted by: why2kmax

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jizz:
"Look at how the exhaust is centered and the line make up the car. This is the clostest thing you'll get to having a Vette"

That comment would have pissed me off so much I think Id have taken a shit on his desk. What an a$$hole.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 03:22 PM

[QUOTE]The GA (I hate to say it like this - cause I mean no ill offense) is for the less "fortunate"]
What exactly do you mean, "less fortunate".

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 03:24 PM

Didn't do the quote right....darn fat fingers hit every button but the right ones!!!! cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 04:15 PM

People that dont want to or cant afford to spend as much money on a car is less fortunate i think in his books.....

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 04:27 PM

that's what I thought.......I have to disagree though with less fortunate.....my 2 cents.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 04:29 PM

I know it wasn't meant to be an ill statement though... cheers
Posted by: BlownPrix

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 05:26 PM

Not too sure on the comparing Vette to Camaro (not Camero) smile

A bone stock 99 Z28 was run by GM Hightech to a 12.8 et. And stock for stock a in a straight line the Camaro is in my experiece is 80%+ going to win. The Vette is over rated and not as fast as many people think. A good driver in a Z28 will beat a Vette. Now a Vette with Z51 suspension, and the optional Magnisum wheels is a killer on the road course, as is 1LE or B4C Camaro. And the ZO6 is a whole nother story. As well a F-Body is much cheaper to modify than a Vette.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/22/04 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlownPrix:

A bone stock 99 Z28 was run by GM Hightech to a 12.8 et. And stock for stock a in a straight line the Camaro is in my experiece is 80%+ going to win. The Vette is over rated and not as fast as many people think. A good driver in a Z28 will beat a Vette. Now a Vette with Z51 suspension, and the optional Magnisum wheels is a killer on the road course, as is 1LE or B4C Camaro. And the ZO6 is a whole nother story. As well a F-Body is much cheaper to modify than a Vette.
Well said, the facts come alive!!!!
Posted by: jvojr

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/23/04 08:50 AM

I love my wife's 01 GA. It handles way better than my GTP, just not as fast. If someone were to throw some forced air into the motor, then watch out. On the curves, the GA would tear me apart. I could keep up but it wouldn't be pretty. On the straits though, I would rip it up. I'll bet it's right up there with a stock GP GT in the qtr or very close.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/23/04 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jvojr:
I love my wife's 01 GA. It handles way better than my GTP, just not as fast. If someone were to throw some forced air into the motor, then watch out. On the curves, the GA would tear me apart. I could keep up but it wouldn't be pretty. On the straits though, I would rip it up. I'll bet it's right up there with a stock GP GT in the qtr or very close.
There is a Turbo kit available fot the Grand Am with the 3.4. My friend with a GA GT looked into it for a while. The cars that have that setup only have run right around 14.0. Not too impressive for an aftermarket turbo setup.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/23/04 10:36 PM

Quote:
Uhh on the straits it has no chance. trust me...........
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/24/04 11:07 AM

Grand Am's are ugly. Too much plastic body paneling.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/24/04 11:39 AM

I have to agree that they are the best looking cars. The new GA's did cut back on the plastic body panels....The newer ones look a whole lot better without these "ridges" on the side! hammer hammer hammer

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/24/04 11:41 AM

I have to agree that they ~~AREN'T~~ the best looking cars I meant......WHAT WAS I THINKIN!!!!!!!!! cheers
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/25/04 02:08 AM

trying to compare these two cars is like chalk and cheese...Pontiac makes different lines of cars for different reasons...but as the old saying goes "ya gotta pay to play"...there is no comparison plain and simple...a topline GA-GT might out perform a base GP just on power-to-weight alone but thats not an even comparison either...a GA-GT vs a GTP is a no brainer in every way...performance,luxury,comfort, you name it...if he digs the GA over the GTP then thats his choice, and its a free country...but that dont make his opinion the gospel for the rest of us...I mean hey, I got a soft spot for the Aztek (there went my credibility)...that dont mean I think that all the folk who hate it are stupid...they have the right to hate it...hell, if we all like the same thing there would only be one car...how boring would that be?!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/25/04 08:11 AM

Quote:
if he digs the GA over the GTP then thats his choice
I don't recall anyone saying that.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/25/04 11:45 PM

I meant his boss...isnt he the one with the GA and thinks its better?
Posted by: crashGT

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/27/04 01:57 AM

Originally posted by zachd:
Yeah if he says they are faster and he has a 3.4 with auto tranny (all new ones are) tell him you will hand his ass to him because you should. Also tell him that the 3.8 is a better motor and has more power. Also tell him the dash in the Grand am is ugly. Also tell him he cant compare his grand am to your car, it is a sub midsize class car. You on the other hand have a car that is midsize and therefore in a different class. Then if he is still being a punk tell him if you wanted to save money you would have gotten a grand am and not a grand prix. And if the guy has a four cylinder tell him to eat you. That is the most mature way i can think of handling this.

lol thats funny...and i do agree...take it to the streets and smoke him!! maybe that'll get him to shut up. GA's are crap! CRAP! banghead

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/27/04 02:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
if he digs the GA over the GTP then thats his choice
I don't recall anyone saying that.
Ummm he said our cars where to big....Plus they dotn feel big when you drive them.......
Posted by: Adam S.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/27/04 01:09 PM

My girlfried bought an '03 Grand Am GT last year. Personally, I think the car corners better, is built tighter, and stops better. Most of these items are merely due to weight and size, of course. The 3.4 Ram Air works and sounds nice in that car, and is plenty quick enough.

Like Jizz said, these two cars aren't even in the same class. If anything, I always thought the GA was more of a chic's car, but that's off the point. If you were comparing the Grand Prix to say, an SHO, then that would be a more meaningful argument. But a GA is in a different class, but I feel that the GT Ram Air is a very fun, well built, and great car for someone who wants a "smaller Grand Prix".
Posted by: GdGTP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/27/04 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlownPrix:

I don't understand that at ALL...I beat 3 Z28's in ONE night before...One of them had gears and the quad borla exhaust in the center...I don't think the stock Z28 can run 12.8. Does this sound crazy to anybody else? a Vette is listed at like 13.4 I think...I don't know...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/27/04 09:16 PM

Depends on what year Z28 you where racing. Early models like the 93 had only like 280 crank horse and werent really that quick. However the late models like the 350 horse were very capable of low 13's and high 12's. On a comparison notes. My friends Auto 96 formula bone stock with 120k miles on it ran a 13.89. his was supposed to have 285 crank horse........

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/28/04 12:21 AM

The Grand Am's are too plasticy? I don't think there's any more plastic on a GA than on a 97-03 GP, last time I looked.

Lower door panels and front and rear bumper covers.... on both.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/28/04 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam S.:
The Grand Am's are too plasticy? I don't think there's any more plastic on a GA than on a 97-03 GP, last time I looked.
That's a valid point, but there's a difference between looking plastic and actually being plastic. The GA looks plasticy because of the "ribs" the Pontiac put on it. They just make it look like a toy car.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/28/04 10:06 AM

That's true, but it's definitely not the first time Pontiac did that. Fortunately, our cars are were one of the first models where the styling started getting "cleaner". But, thank God, the GA's starting in 03 went to solid lower door panels, with the ribs illiminated. It cleaned up the look of the car quite a bit.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/29/04 08:05 PM

What I ment by "less fortunate" was I have a GM discount so I got my Comp G for about the same price as a Grand Am GT...I tell you what -- I have driven both very hard (GA-GT and GP-CompG) and I bet my car would whoop a GA in all aspects. My car rockets corners, straight line and stopping.

If you have never driven a Comp G, I suggest going the the dealer driving the crap outta one then come back and tell me a GA is better.

cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/29/04 08:07 PM

Quote:
Like Jizz said, these two cars aren't even in the same class. If anything, I always thought the GA was more of a chic's car, but that's off the point. If you were comparing the Grand Prix to say, an SHO, then that would be a more meaningful argument. But a GA is in a different class, but I feel that the GT Ram Air is a very fun, well built, and great car for someone who wants a "smaller Grand Prix".
Well said -- this was the point I was trying to make. thumbsup

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/29/04 08:07 PM

JIZZ YOUR BACK BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/29/04 08:39 PM

crazy can this topic die already crazy
Posted by: zeebs17

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/30/04 08:37 AM

grand prix is faster, bigger, wider and well better
Posted by: 4 T 8 states

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/30/04 02:59 PM

IMO i think the grand ma is a girlie car, really not on top of the food chain if you get what i mean.

i know there are some guys here that have owned a grand ma then saw the light then got the real deal, or there wives or girlfriends own one, hell even my M-I-L owned one until she totalled it and i admit that im the one that talk her into buying it instead of japanese (her favorite).with no probs i will add.
now she owns a 04 olds alero with the 2.2 ecotech motor. she loves it (thank god) i hate car shopping
mad

but i will admit that there is one grand ma that i would own,i saw it in a magazine back in 79 or 78 it was a prototype built by pmd. it was a rwd with a pmd 301cid-4bbl with 4-sp manual. dam good looking full instumentation with the pmd snowflake wheels and a spoiler with ram- air. but it never made production.

alex, you need to tell this guy that our grand prix has over 40 yrs of heritage and comes with a 6cyl standard not optional and just a few years ago use to come with a v-8. ive never seen a grand ma come standard with v-6 power much less a production v-8.

if nothing else alex you could always tell him that his wife or girlfriend will always look good in his grand ma. hammer just too make those grand ma drivers jealous. cool lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/30/04 10:15 PM

Why would we want this topic to die? its fun....just because we are not being prductive doesnt mean anything. BTW the Grand am has far more door plasic its half the door. I know this cuz my sisters car is a grand am and it is literally half the door where as the 97-03 gp where just the bottom skirts ahh well....i love the look of the 97-03 gp just as much as i love my 04 gp......in fact i may pic up a used 03 in the near future...gotta love pay raises......

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/31/04 06:53 AM

I used to compare the GA's body moulding to the Testarossa kit for the Fiero. You know the one. Not the high dollar one either.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/31/04 11:23 AM

Quote:
I used to compare the GA's body moulding to the Testarossa kit for the Fiero. You know the one. Not the high dollar one either.
cheers cheers cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 12:10 PM

This topic is getting a bit old. The cars are totally different, made for different purposes. Some people like smaller cars, which is understandable.

Of course a GTP is faster; its supercharged!
A GP doesn't handle any better than a GA GT; the GA actually has more responsive steering. All you have to do is look at the two. The GA should handle better, it's a smaller car.

Basically, we're not camparing apples to apples. A real comparison would be a GP compared to an Altima or Maxima or something like that. Or, compare a GA to a Civic or something else in the same class for God's sake.
Posted by: bryanp

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 01:42 PM

Not that I'm trying to disagree with you, but I would say that Grand Am is to Grand Prix, as Altima is to Maxima.

I think this more of a 'make yourself feel good for owning a grand prix' topic.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 02:13 PM

I think this topic is just to chat.
There are some people in this chat (incluiding me), that doesn't have so technical knowledge as so many here, so is nice to have something to talk about besides several numbers you use to define parts of the engine and stuff, which is great to know, but sometimes i do not have nothing to say abou that.

Alex

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 03:21 PM

Grand AM is in the same class as Grand Prix?

What?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 04:32 PM

I looked up the tech specs on the GTP vs the GA

The GA and the GTP both Skid-Pad and break about the same. But the GTP out accelerates.

But on the same token the GTO only Skid-pads and breaks as good as a GA or GTP also. But it will out accelerate both....Go figure.

Same suspension setup - bigger engines

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 04:48 PM

have any of you people rented a car lately????

grand prix aka altima

bonneville aka maxima

my 2 cents--end of discussion :rolleyes:

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 06:41 PM

But, there's much more to handling than lateral G's on the skidpad. Steering response, steering quickness/ratio, oversteer/understeer, predictability, etc. Skidpad is only a fraction of what handling is. Not that it matters, but it does sound about right that the GA and GP are close on the skid pad.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/02/04 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 T 8 states:
have any of you people rented a car lately????

grand prix aka altima

bonneville aka maxima

my 2 cents--end of discussion :rolleyes:
again......have any of you people rented a car lately??????

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 12:18 AM

What the hell does renting a car have to do with any of this? I hope you're basing your argument on more than what the car rental places classify certain cars as being.

To sum up best, I don't think the GA and GP can be compared that closely in every category. They're two different cars. I can see why some may like a smaller GA, and why some prefer a GP, like myself. That doesn't make one better than another; they're both fine cars, but built for two different kinds of consumers. Each car has its own little characteristics which is always the way it will be. I think a more interesting argument would be the new GP's compared to the 97-03's, even though on this particular side of the board it may be a little biased. But, its probably more of a worthwhile discussion. To just simply say that a Grand Am just plain sucks and that a GP is worlds better is just a matter of opinion, and overall a stupid comment to make. It might as well be said that every other car in the world sucks because it's not a GP.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 01:01 AM

well said

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 03:35 AM

For one the new grand prix's really arnt new. for two if you have a problem with a post just dont respond to it. its that easy. three if you have something to say say it once and be done. 4t8 keep repeating yourself its funny then but we all know that these cars are in different classes and comparing cars in different class is very important. if you look at the performance segment people are taking traditionally slow cars, civics, grand prix, neons, and make them fast as hell. so the point it comparing different cars does matter. my friend has a 20k brand new neon that will smoke most of your cars on this website. im not trying to dog just make a point that you can compare cars that are in different class because these people are making cars to be 'what the hell was that' type of cars. he raced a mustang gt an 04 and smoked the guy the guy had no clue what it was and was askin him about the car at the next light. so take it for what its worth and quit being so stuck up your own ass. attn admin im sorry about this but alotta peple on the this board have to much shit stuffed up there ass.....

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
crazy can this topic die already crazy
crazy crazy

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 11:40 AM

!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 01:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zachd:
[QB] for two if you have a problem with a post just dont respond to it. its that easy.

a little hypocritical are we?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 03:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] crazy can this topic die already crazy
crazy crazy [/b]
Agreed.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/03/04 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crashGT:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zachd:
[QB] for two if you have a problem with a post just dont respond to it. its that easy.

a little hypocritical are we?
No not at all. I never said i wanted this topic to die nor complained about it being an old topic. My post was relevent to the topic. Thanks for making sure I wasnt being a hypocrite though..... cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/04/04 12:59 PM

Yeah, this is getting to be a pointless argument. What it's starting to boil down to is that apparently some people look at different qualities in what makes a good car than others. To me, it's much much more than who's is faster. Remember the turbocharged Omni's from the mid 80's? Was that considered to be a better car than anything else?

A car's acceleration time is a very small fraction of what it takes to make one car better than another. It's a nowhere argument unfortunately.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/04/04 07:37 PM

Ok then -- the overall Quallity of the GP is better than the GA.. it is better handling, interior, exterior.. and just built on a better platform.

So there you have it -- the GP wins by default! and as a bonus it is faster!

Which means the GP is wayyyyyy better than the GTO by standards that you are implying. The only thing the GTO has remotly better than the GP is the V8.

So I would agree it is way more than the straight line speed smile

Thank you!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/05/04 01:52 AM

Actually if you want to get technical, the GA's platform is one of the stiffest in the industry, more rigid than many Japanese and certain BMW models by up to 30%. This makes the whole car more rigid, which results in better handling and less squeaks and rattles, among other things.What makes you think the GP's is better, besides that you think it's better. The almost entire way of judging the quality of a platform or chassis is it's rigidity and stiffness. The GA's design is two years newer than ours, and uses all of the later generation equipment, like switches, controls, even radio to name a few. The handling of the GA is better, that is if you know what handling really is. It's a smaller, lighter car. To say the GP is worlds better is just ignorant; just look at the wieght and physics. The fit and finish is actually also better on a GA, also due to newer, more updated quality standards and tooling than ours. Now keep in mind, I'm refering to the 97-03 models of the GP, not the new ones. This is the 97-03 board, so I assumed that's what we were comparing to. The 04 is, yes, closer in quality to the current GA's. But overall, an opinion means more when it is based on fact, not just one sided words backed by pretty much nothing.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/05/04 03:08 AM

And that's one man's opinion. Lighten up. wink
Posted by: GTPJack

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/05/04 10:57 AM

So there you have it Alex. I'd say print all of these threads, show them to your friends boss, then cram 'em all down his friggin throat. Just to teach him to keep his friggin mouth shut.

GTPJack
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/05/04 11:16 AM

Alright, glad to see this thread come to an end.
savewave

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/05/04 12:27 PM

It's all just opinions so...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/05/04 04:09 PM

Yes, asking others on a Grand Prix board for their opinion on this topic, wouldn't one assume it'd be a little biased?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/06/04 08:49 AM

all I have to say is that I drove both cars before I bought my GTP, that`s why I`m here and not on GRANDAM.NET (if it even excists)

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/06/04 08:53 AM

this coming to an end....sniff sniff ,,justmakes me wanna cry.. savewave frown frown

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/06/04 09:08 AM

I had an '89 Grand Am with the Quad Four...I miss that car, but I love my GTP!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/07/04 11:51 AM

Just to get the thread ttt smile cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/07/04 11:56 AM

Quote:
Just to get the thread ttt smile cheers
i think that this thread is kinda like nose hairs, keeps comin back no matter how much you pull it out
square

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/08/04 09:03 AM

I really like my wife's GA. It's quick, handles better than my GTP but is not faster(not even close). You can buy a new loaded GA GT with leather and a sunroof, with rebates, out the door for under $20 grand. With the money you save, you can then mod the hell out of it and still have some left. That being said, for about the same cash you can buy a Neon, mod it, and be in the low 13's, high 12's. I don't know what you would have to do to a GA to make it that quick. I don't think it's possible. The GA however, rides way nicer than the Neon. I would take the loaded GA over the Neon if I had to choose. It may not be faster but is just nicer all around. The Neon feels like a tin box while the GA feels solid. Both are chick cars or something you would get your kid as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/08/04 05:24 PM

Finally someone with an open mind, not afraid to tell it like it is...

smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/11/04 07:37 PM

Just wanted this to be back on the top again kooky

And no just because a car is small does not mean it handles better.

I bet the 04 Comp G will out handle any late model Grand Am GT. Stock for Stock -- do not give me any of the moded crap.

Saying because it is smaller it handles better is silly. The Vette and Viper are bigger cars.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/11/04 10:34 PM

I will agree with jizz. A longer wider car will be more stable handling in general because it will have less chance of spinning around. My sister has a 99 GA and it handles like poop feals like a dead car when you drive it and the interior sucks. To say it is better than my 98 gt would be an opinion but i feel my 98 gt was put together better. Keep in mind i turn all the bolts on her car and hav ehad it all the way apart to work on it ie stereo and the grand prix is better. Her car has way more creeks and shimmys than my GP ever thought about having. When i bought my 04 gp i looked at the 04 ga loaded for less money but coudlnt do it because of her car and all the little interior imperfections. until you OWN both of them you cant have as much comment or say. I dont own her car but have had it on several trips and drive it frequently.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/11/04 10:37 PM

Oh yeah the neon is a tin box. But honestly wiht a few bucks on a second gen neon it will out handle our GPs. Thats the truth dont even argue it or i will steal my friends RT come and show you. He just got into auto crossing and went out on the course and within 2 runs was average on the course. And that was against people that run every course. A neon sad to say has a shitty ride and does feel like a tin can but can handle pretty good.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 01:28 PM

p.s. it should be grand prix vs grand ma.

now ive brought this topic ttt hammer hammer

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 03:35 PM

that's great

This topic is still here????

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 06:09 PM

I did it just for you BryantGTP devilwink

Can you feel the love thumbsup

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 06:22 PM

show him the love jizz lol lol cool

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 07:21 PM

has any one hear notice whats gonna happen with this topic ? usa

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 07:26 PM

This thread is still going?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 07:32 PM

yeah it is, but it also is about to reach the 100 post. ive only found one other and that was the opic of "running premium in your gtp" by cometstorm, and it had 104 post.

hey BlownPrix you throwing a hurricane party? (burp) let me open another icehouse.. cheers cheers hammer just to get the helloutta tampa cool

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 08:55 PM

All in all, it's just what you like. Everyone has oppinions about what is best and worst. Hell...I bought my wife an 01 GA and I bought a 99 GP....The only reason I didnt get her a GP is the price......And she hauls the kiddos around in it....No Kiddos in my GP!.....Women Drivers! Always gotta tear something up...... I think it is better in some ways, but equally bad in other ways. But if I had any choice in cars, I'd take back my old '70 Fairlane 500 2dr. hardtop...with the 351w.......fast as hell and burned more gas than a fat chick at a bean eating contest....
Just my 2 cents......again....... cheers
Workin on 100........
Posted by: Steve

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/12/04 09:45 PM

Forget all the talk about Grand Am's - they're history. A real matchup is the Grand Prix vs the Grand Am replacement, the G6! The G6 is going to have a GTP model with a 240 hp V6! jawdrop So what's the new Grand Prix going to have to rival that?? Please, please GM, how about a V8 for the Grand Prix!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 12:21 PM

or..... GASP!!!!!! will they decide to discontinue the grand prix and make the g6 the sporty sedan that can eek frown no !!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 12:47 PM

not until it out accelerates and outhandles the M3

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 01:05 PM

i pee on m3`s hammer lol cool
Posted by: digital-d

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
Forget all the talk about Grand Am's - they're history. A real matchup is the Grand Prix vs the Grand Am replacement, the G6! The G6 is going to have a GTP model with a 240 hp V6! jawdrop So what's the new Grand Prix going to have to rival that?? Please, please GM, how about a V8 for the Grand Prix!
There is actually talk of a Grand Prix with either a 4.4L northstar v-8 in it or an upgraded supercharger producing 280hp. I read about it in one of the magazines the dealer gets. Whether they produce it or not is a different story.
Posted by: ReDgie the WeDgie

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 04:30 PM

Geez GP vs GA, kinda like comparing me and my little brother. No matter how hard he tries, how often he practices, how frequently he challanges...hes always gonna be, my kid brother. The GP is a faster, larger more impressive looking vehicle. Never mind the utilitarian look of the GA. Even amongst jeep owners , a hummvee is still a better truck..same here..So lets put it to rest. You wanna get out cruise and look good...go GP. You need aplace to put the baby seat, and not ever have to worry about car thief...go GA

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 07:33 PM

Actually the G6 is only going to be rated at 200hp; even the GT version (at least for this year). They may have a mid-year release on a high power vehicle (but I thought Pontiac was switching there performance line up to GXP?) It is still smaller and lighter than the GP but I do not think it will be faster than a GTP. Remember it is not going to have the high torque rating like the GTP.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 08:27 PM

Ok first off the motor they where talking about for the Grand prix is a ls4. 4.4 ltr not a northstar 4.0 dohc. The upgraded supercharged 280hp version is already on the showroom floor. Jizz has one. Its still a m90 jsut a 5th gen. the g6 will have 4cyl 6cyl 3.5l gt 200hp with 4spd auto tiptronic. the gtp will be 3.9ltr with available 6spd manual. to set it all strait. the G6 GTP version will actually on paper out muster our cars on torque 250h and 250 torque and that with a 6spd should be very close. The G6 will not replace the grand prix. After all there is talk to move the grand prix bonneville to a RWD platform. Only talk tho it is a good 4 years in the future..........

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/13/04 11:19 PM

I'm looking at the G6 brochure from the dealership right now.. On one page it lists the GTP model with the 3.9 HO as 245 and on another page says 240. The carshow model said it would have all wheel drive and a SC 290 hp motor and the HD six speed from the Saab. The production model makes no mention of a SC or AWD but it will have a six speed. I've been following this car closely because I was planning on trading my 03 GTP for a G6. But as GM usually does they promise so much and never deliver. Remember all those cool Grand Prix showcars that never came close to production.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/18/04 06:15 PM

No, Jizz, it's not silly to just say that a smaller car is more likely to handle better. It's not the only thing behind handling, but it's right up there. Do you know how physics works when it comes to cars? I know you don't like it, but like I said, the GA GT has a newer, stiffer platform, quicker steering ratio, and weighs less. Less moving mass. That has a lot to do with handling and braking. Now keep in mind I'm talking about a GA GT, not an SE or anything. Different suspensions and wheels/tires to start with. You don't like GA's; good for you. But looking at something practically with facts is different than just going by what you happen to prefer. Remember, I'm on here because I have a GP, not a GA. Personally, I think the GA is more of a chic's car, and I like the larger size of the GP. But, because I prefer the GP doesn't mean the GA is a piece of shit. Remember, they're both made and designed by the same company...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/18/04 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ReDgie the WeDgie:
Geez GP vs GA, kinda like comparing me and my little brother. No matter how hard he tries, how often he practices, how frequently he challanges...hes always gonna be, my kid brother. The GP is a faster, larger more impressive looking vehicle. Never mind the utilitarian look of the GA. Even amongst jeep owners , a hummvee is still a better truck..same here..So lets put it to rest. You wanna get out cruise and look good...go GP. You need aplace to put the baby seat, and not ever have to worry about car thief...go GA
Not true! The GA is higher on the auto theft list than the GP and someone tried breaking into mine last year at my nursing home job.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/18/04 09:05 PM

Bang!! I just shot my self in the foot!! I never saw a all wheel drive or SC version for hte G6 links?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 07:55 AM

The G6 is gonna be a disapointment watch. GM will water it down like they do everything.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 08:32 AM

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Austin GTP:
cheers cheers congratulations Austin GTP, would you tell Austin GTP what he has won!!!!! thumbsup
Posted by: green_kidd

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 09:48 AM

I will be surprised if GM doesn't ruin the G6. All the talk sounds like it will be awesome, I mean a 6 speed and 250 horses, that would be great. In reality I could easily see them offering the 200 horse/4 speed auto as the top model. Yippy, we get paddle shift instead of a true 6 speed. Not to say I wouldn't like paddle shift, but if I have my choice of that or an actual manual transmission, I will hands down take the manual. I hope Pontiac doesn't disappoint, but by looking at their track record I'm not very hopeful.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 01:35 PM

Right now their top model only has a 200hp 3.5 v-6 with a 4-speed auto that has tapshift mode. They are suposed to come out with a GTP model with a 240hp 3.9L v-6. frown maybe next year.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by digital-d:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
Forget all the talk about Grand Am's - they're history. A real matchup is the Grand Prix vs the Grand Am replacement, the G6! The G6 is going to have a GTP model with a 240 hp V6! no

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 08:22 PM

Whatever I never thought i would say this but eveyrone is repeating therselves. it wouldnt be that hard to stick a v8 in the grand prix.......trust me its just not that hard for a compandy to do that (move a v8 in) geezass

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 10:17 PM

If they produce an 8-cyl GP they would raise the price on the '05 GTO which they probibly will because of the new more powerful LS2 engine and some new options that are being added to the small list.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 11:20 PM

Quote:
Not true! The GA is higher on the auto theft list than the GP and someone tried breaking into mine last year at my nursing home job.
They stole my wife's front rim and tire and left it on bricks. That's when we lived in queens.
Try this link for the G6.
http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2003/detroit/highlights/h13-pontiac-g6.html
Or just do a search on G6 concept car. There's a bunch of them.
Jack

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 11:44 PM

Quote:
If they produce an 8-cyl GP they would raise the price on the '05 GTO which they probibly will because of the new more powerful LS2 engine and some new options that are being added to the small list.
The LS2 engine alone will not raise the price of the GTO. Look at the c6 you get a all new car and new motor for less money??? I dont think it will make that big of a difference but you never know.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/19/04 11:47 PM

Okay i read that lil tid bit in the link jack and combining DOD and Supercharged wow thats fucked up sorry it is.........obvious it must of been becuase it didnt make the cut did it?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 12:06 AM

I would think the combination of a supercharger and DOD would lead to some problems.
Posted by: Bryan R

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 12:49 AM

quote:
So why bother with a more powerful V8, its just smoke and marketing mirrors. Look at the bonnie GXP, great looking car, inside and out IMO, but I would much rather pay a few $1,000 LESS for a Hemi 300c that will spank its ass.

The Current GTP is already $30k+ loaded, where is the price going to go if they shoehorn a V8 in it. More than the GTO? Again why bother.

devilgrin But on a more positive note, I'm probably going to start modding my 98 GTP hammer

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 08:14 AM

The G6 will NOT have TapShift® . It has the silly "manual" mode on the shifter. Where you push it off to the right and move it up and down to shift - up and down.

AND ADAM S.
DUDE; I AM LOOKING AT THE FACTS! The GA GT stops the same as the GP. AND the GA has the same lateral force but goes thru the course slower...so how is that handling and breaking better even though it is smaller?? HUH HUH HUH? It is just hands down not as good of a car as the GP - and neither will the G6. YES FACTS.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 08:57 AM

Quote:
yeah it is, but it also is about to reach the 100 post. ive only found one other and that was the opic of "running premium in your gtp" by cometstorm, and it had 104 post.

hey BlownPrix you throwing a hurricane party? (burp) let me open another icehouse.. cheers cheers hammer just to get the helloutta tampa cool
one hundred and thirteen and still counting...
hammer

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 11:57 AM

Congratulations for the one who post this, it means ME!

Alex cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Congratulations for the one who post this, it means ME!

Alex cheers
cheers hammer you are the man alex

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 12:47 PM

Quote:
DUDE; I AM LOOKING AT THE FACTS! The GA GT stops the same as the GP. AND the GA has the same lateral force but goes thru the course slower...so how is that handling and breaking better even though it is smaller?? HUH HUH HUH? It is just hands down not as good of a car as the GP - and neither will the G6. YES FACTS.
Jizz, whered you get the numbers for comparison?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 01:06 PM

Will have to wait till I get home. The links are on my home PC. The GTO the GA and the GP all pushed the same Gs thru the corse but in order of speed it went
GTO
GP
GA

Yes I understand force, inertia, physics etc... but just because a care is smaller or lighter does not mean much vs. suspension and tires.. and the GA does not have a better suspension than the GP. kooky

This is now starting to bore me.

A vette is nearly as long and as tall as the GA but weighs more than a GA -- so the GA must handle better. :rolleyes:

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 01:13 PM

Enough all ready.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 01:45 PM

Shit, the damn rental Alero I had all last week handled better than my car does. Hey, man, there's much more to handling than what the G numbers, etc. show on the skid pad. Does the car understeer? Oversteer? Does it feel balanced? Is the steering ratio quicker? Handling is more measured by feel rather than what numbers show. It's obviously a dead end issue with you; the fact is that if you can't see by driving the two cars side by side that the GA does handle slightly better and have more responsive predictable braking and feel, then you might as well just see what kind of incentives the new Rendevous' have on them. Also, the damn Vette is a totally different car than a GA or GP. If you haven't seen one lately, it's a rigid, 2 door coupe, with a super light, strong frame, huge brakes, rear mounted transmission, quick steering, etc. I'm saying that when taking two cars that are of similar type, the one that's smaller and lighter is going to have an advantage in overall performance; that's kind of a general rule of thumb, and of course doesn't apply to every two cars on the market. A Vette has it's own platform and Vette-only everything else, designed for performance, only for the Vette. Not to downgrade a GP, but keep in mind it's on the same "universal" platform as Buick and other divisions use, just with stiffer suspension. And finally, how can you say that the G6 wont handle as well? Have you secretly driven one already? Who knows if it will or not, you'd have to drive one and see. If you're going off of skidpad numbers alone, I'm sure you'll notice that almost all cars in similar categories score almost the same on the skid test; there's rarely a huge difference. You're already judging the G6 because it's not a GP.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 02:30 PM

Keep in mind that the Grand Am was ment to be a cheaper car than the Grand Prix and was aimed towards a slightly different market. If you have to compair both cars do a more fair comparision between them like Grand Am GT vs. Grand Prix GT or G6 GT vs. Grand Prix GT.....etc. Leave the GTP/Comp-G out of the picture. You will see that the numbers on both cars are within close range of eachother.

The vette shares it's platform with the Cadillac XLR, but they don't share powertrains....just thought I'd point that out.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 02:42 PM

The vette and xlr also differ in the fact that the tranny is mounted directly to the northstar where as teh vette is mounted to rear diff is that right on the northstar?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 02:53 PM

woops i got confused. Actually the main difference is the fact that the xlr is auto only and is dual over head 32 valve. The xlr tranny is mounted out back to the diff..........sorry!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 03:00 PM

I'm just glad this thread has finally come to an end!
smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 03:05 PM

Quote:
I'm just glad this thread has finally come to an end!
smile
lol would you like to bet some money on that statement laugh

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 03:26 PM

Grand Am = Arm Pit. devilgrin

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 03:29 PM

Quote:
Shit, the damn rental Alero I had all last week handled better than my car does. Hey, man, there's much more to handling than what the G numbers, etc. show on the skid pad. Does the car understeer? Oversteer? Does it feel balanced? Is the steering ratio quicker? Handling is more measured by feel rather than what numbers show.
Right...it is how it feels not how fast and how strong it got their....right

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 04:03 PM

If we are going to talk about physics any front wheel driver that is longer with similar susp will be able to dice curves better because it will be less susceptible to spinning out.....hence the reason the grand prix diced the course a hair faster...........

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 05:15 PM

My dog's better than your dog.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 05:37 PM

Ya well my dad's bigger then your dad.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 05:42 PM

Well my wallet is thinner than your wallet!!!! kooky

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 05:44 PM

Maybe we should compare a coffee pot to a surfboard...who wants to start???

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 06:29 PM

lol lol lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 07:03 PM

What way are you refering TexasGP? Surfboard making cofee or a cofee pot acting as a surf board?

Either way the Grand Prix is still better than the Grand Am. lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 07:07 PM

No Jizz your all wrong!! The Grand Am making coffee and hte Grand Prix Surfing!!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 07:11 PM

what kind of coffee, regular or decaff? lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 07:15 PM

And the coffee pot will out corner the surfboard

----------decaf

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 08:23 PM

But the coffee pot will sink -- uless we are on the ground then the board will just drag and scuff, yet the coffee pot will shatter.....

My GP is like a SurfBoard -- Fun as heck

A GA is like a coffee pot - only for the needy cool

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 08:26 PM

Man I can keep this up all year long ..

AND BY THE WAY!!!! THIS IS NOT AN AMERICAN FLAG DUDE!!! >>>>> usa IT IS A FRENCH DUDE!!! mad

No I am not against the French but the smiley is labled USA :rolleyes: notontopic confused confused

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 08:52 PM

So getting back on topic :rolleyes:

I could've sworn my Grand Am FELT like it handled better than my GTP, but I know it doesn't. I only say that because my GTP always kinda felt like it didn't want to turn as sharpy as I woulda liked, which my Grand Am didn't do. But I would be scared to try to take some of the corners I threw at the GTP.

Are you sure the GTO put up the same skidpad numbers as the GTP? I could've sworn the GTO put up a 0.88 or 0.90 or something. Doesn't the GTP put up like a 0.77 or something?

But all this aside... When I owned my Grand Am, I destinctively remember that everytime I parked next to a GTP I always had a frown devilgrin feeling. Especially when people used to comment about my car all the time. (Especially since I'm a freak when it comes to detailing the car). I've had ZERO comments on my Grand Am. Well, except for one old lady at a furniture store who said she liked my "sports car" lol She said it must be fun to drive one of those. Said it reminds her of her ex-husbands Chevy Beretta.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 09:21 PM

Hehe you also gotta look at the fact in the feeling on how well the susp is because stock struts suck ass........and a lotta people dont realize they where out so fast on these cars.....maybe in 04 they improved this but my 98 and 99 where both done by the 50 k mark.....

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 09:26 PM

Quote:
Hehe you also gotta look at the fact in the feeling on how well the susp is because stock struts suck ass........and a lotta people dont realize they where out so fast on these cars.....maybe in 04 they improved this but my 98 and 99 where both done by the 50 k mark.....
Is that why my GTP has a bouncy feeling to it now when I hit large bumps on the freeway? frown What's a good price for a strut job?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 09:38 PM

Think of both cars like they're beer. The GP would be like a Corona, crisp and refreshing. The GA is like Bud Ice, cheap and watered down. They're both the same thing, but the GA is the cheap watered down alternative. cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 09:51 PM

Bryan,
KYB's are a good choice for the budget minded, if you can afford it the GMPP koni strut/springs run about $750.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 09:57 PM

Yeah I had the KYB and they are a steel. Miles over stock. 250 you should be able to get it all and that is you installing it and that is strut only . Make sure you replace strut mounts to!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 09:59 PM

Yeah, don't forget the mounts. I tried to get out cheap and didn't change mine, well until they broke.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 11:23 PM

Quote:
Bryan,
KYB's are a good choice for the budget minded, if you can afford it the GMPP koni strut/springs run about $750.
Austin, if that price is from GMPD.com the GMPP/spring/koni kit is $750 PLUS about $150 shipping. Pretty much no matter where you go its going to be just shy of $900 shipped.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 11:38 PM

Is it hard to do it yourself? I pretty much do all my other maintenence, so i figure it shouldn't be too bad. If I do it myself, do I need to take it in to get an alignment or anything?

cheers

bryan

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 11:52 PM

Yes, you should have it aligned.
I wimped out and let the local shop install mine. It cost a little bit but it sure was easy for me.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/20/04 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by why2kmax:
Austin, if that price is from GMPD.com the GMPP/spring/koni kit is $750 PLUS about $150 shipping. Pretty much no matter where you go its going to be just shy of $900 shipped.
Yes, from the site.
They charge $150 for shipping? That's kinda freaking high. That can't be for ground service.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/21/04 08:56 AM

I rember reading one of the posts, maybe number 600 or 745, that they would put their 04 up against the handling of the GA anyday. After driving my 04 for the last ten days, I would have to agree. The 04 handles superbly. Miles over the 03. It inspires confidence. I've done things that I never would've done in the 03. I love the way this thing handles. I still maintain that my 03 did not take the curves like my wife's GA. The 04 does and then some. Updated my sig finally.
Jack

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/21/04 09:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Austin, if that price is from GMPD.com the GMPP/spring/koni kit is $750 PLUS about $150 shipping. Pretty much no matter where you go its going to be just shy of $900 shipped.
Yes, from the site.
They charge $150 for shipping? That's kinda freaking high. That can't be for ground service. [/b]
Well its shipping and handling. The price you see initially is the absolute bare bones price that it costs GM I guess. In fact I think its even lower that what dealers can get the stuff for. Then they add shipping and profit. They do that on All their parts.

I remember thinking about getting the GMPP catback exhaust cuz their price was $425 but I never looked at shipping. I had a friend who worked for a dealer and HE said their cost on it was $450+ AFTER shipping the GMPP price was $525 or so, so if you look there always put it in the basket and hit checkout for the final price.

Even though they do charge a bunch for that, they still end up being one of the cheapest around. ZZP sells the kit too, $885 I think and shipping is somewhere around $20 anywhere in the US. but they will only ship to lower 48.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/21/04 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan R:
Is it hard to do it yourself? I pretty much do all my other maintenence, so i figure it shouldn't be too bad. If I do it myself, do I need to take it in to get an alignment or anything?

cheers

bryan
I did it with basic hand tools by myself in about 4+ hrs. you NEED a big hammer to knock the lower bolts out. I have a 5 or 8 lb hammer with a short handle that worked great.

Also if you have to hammer the bolts too much the ends CAN mushroom a bit and the nut might not fit back over it, so you will need a dremel or a bench grinder or file I guess to grind them down a bit so the nut will fit over the bolt again. Nothing hard or serious. If you want just buy new bolts.

The fronts were EASY to put in. the rears were a good bit harder because you have to put the 3 strut studs into the hols pretty much blind and the shock sits on a perch so you cant really move it much. Plus there is a lot more moving around back there. Again I did all 4 myself but it would have gone MUCH easier and faster if I had someone helping me.

If you do it yourself, buy a ratcheting wrench to fit the front/rear strut nuts. (15mm?). If you dont you will go insane trying to loosen or tighten the 2 of the nuts. Its the difference between a numb arm and 30 min to get ONE nut on/off or 10 min to do all 3.

I used the trunk jack to hold/lift the control arms to raise the strut up once I had the studs in the holes. If you have help you prob wont need to do this.

IF the 3 studs dont line up with the holes (2 of mine were off) hold the spring and twist the top mount, DO NOT TURN just THE SPRING. I did that like an idiot and the spring popped offf the lower rubber o-ring. Hsad to take it to the shop and have it remounted. They only charged me $25 though.

YES you do have to get a 4 wheel alignment. Put the struts in, drive it for 100-150 miles to let them seat themselves and then get it lined up.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/21/04 09:32 AM

wow, they show a shipping charge of $100. (nc residents add $55 for tax). I think when I bought my KYB's they only charged $20-$30.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 11:56 AM

Grand AMs suck !!!!!!!!!! smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 08:21 PM

Quote:
cowboy

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 08:49 PM

Quote:
BOOOOO!!!! :p

never mind, they do. I'm in the middle of replacing the heater core on mine. It pissed out burning hot antifreeze on my pants leg and all over the carpeting. The cooling system on it sux. That and the electrial are the only things that have given me problems on this car.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 09:22 PM

Ummm update when knocking the lower knuckle bolts out dont just hammer on them get a junk nut and pu tit over the end so you dont mushroom it. I have done this on several cars and it saves the bolt......

PS Grand ams bites!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 09:26 PM

My wife has a 2001 GA SE and it has been having its issues lately. The first thing I can't figure out is on the heater control switch, you have the numbers 1-5 to put it on how hard you want the air to blow out....well hers doesn't work on 1 or 2. I bought another hvac assembly on EBAY, thinking it was shot, but when I put it in, it still didn't work on 1 or 2. I'm stumped. You either freeze to death with the ac on....or keep it off and sweat to death....Other things are squeaks and rattles all over. Think the struts need replacing.....But mine are frist on the GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 09:26 PM

what is the actual url to order these from?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 09:28 PM

Texas GP.......the reason it is rattling is because it is built on a superior more ridgid platform that feels less stable than the W body GP's!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 09:33 PM

Quote:
Ummm update when knocking the lower knuckle bolts out dont just hammer on them get a junk nut and pu tit over the end so you dont mushroom it. I have done this on several cars and it saves the bolt......

PS Grand ams bites!!!!
Whose tit should I put on the end? laugh

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 09:36 PM

I tell you what I took my WS6 GP through some mean (erm) stuff the other day -- And I have driven a few GAs - I (myself) will take any GA dude through the corners and we will see who comes out first. Rigid or not' smaller and lighter or not; another pontiac or not... I bet my car hands down will smoke a GA GT.

Because...well read my sig savewave

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
My wife has a 2001 GA SE and it has been having its issues lately. The first thing I can't figure out is on the heater control switch, you have the numbers 1-5 to put it on how hard you want the air to blow out....well hers doesn't work on 1 or 2. I bought another hvac assembly on EBAY, thinking it was shot, but when I put it in, it still didn't work on 1 or 2. I'm stumped. You either freeze to death with the ac on....or keep it off and sweat to death....Other things are squeaks and rattles all over. Think the struts need replacing.....But mine are frist on the GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers
Must be something with the blower motor. Grand Am's are always good for squeaks and rattles. It never bothered me because I had the exhaust and a loud sound system so I didn't have to listen to any of that rubbish.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 11:31 PM

Yea...I was going to replace the blower motor and see if that was the problem. If it wasn't, then that's all I'm going to do to it....I don't hate my wifes GA, but I would rather have my GP. I drive her car only when we take the kids somwhere. Like I said before, I don't let the kiddos in my car. It does have its perks over my GP though....Fold down seats...my GP doesn't; cruise control...my GP doesn't have it.....
(Damn SE models....hate those long trips with it)But that's all I can think of....If I wanted one, I woulda bought one.........But the GP looked a hell of a lot better.....Just the wrong model(SE) cheers thumbsup

Gonna hit 200 soon.....is there going to be an end to this thread?????????

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/23/04 11:51 PM

No end in sight!!!! and i mean 'put it' not 'pu tit' Nice mod jizz!!!! In that case check out my sig!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 07:45 AM

Quote:
First off the problem is is that it's a Grand Ma second It's the blower motor resistor. I'd put money on it.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 08:08 AM

quote:
...It does have its perks over my GP though....Fold down seats...my GP doesn't; cruise control...my GP doesn't have it.....
(Damn SE models....hate those long trips with it)But that's all I can think of....If I wanted one, I woulda bought one.........But the GP looked a hell of a lot better.....Just the wrong model(SE) cheers cheers Can you do that in a Grand Ma? My rear seats and front seat fold flat. So the more we bash the GA the more I find that the 04 is better than the 97-2003 GP also -- do i sense a new thread darthvader

And I suspect this thread to go over 1000 posts smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 08:37 AM

Quote:
And I suspect this thread to go over 1000 posts smile
NOOOoooooo!!!!!
Stop the madness, stop the insanity!!!! crazy

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 09:54 AM

If you want to haul a kayak get a friggin truck !!! smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 10:28 AM

can you put one or two 9 ft kayaks inside this new and improved pntiac grand prix?

do yu have to order the comp g or can you do this with the base model gp?

do you have to put seatbelts on these kayaks since they are technicaly on the seats?

if you drive the sedan do you put them through the front or back door?

is it easier to use the sunroof?

its back to the top again.

hammer as hard as you can before the first snow...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 10:49 AM

The 97-02's were offered in a two door model. I think that's enough reason why they are better than the 04's. devilsmile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 11:34 AM

hmmmm... never seen a 2-door kayak before.. crazy

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 12:02 PM

Hmmm....like it really matters if I can fit a 9' kayak in my car. Thats why I have an Avalanche it hold my 11'1" kayak with no problem.

This thread is getting extremely stupid. This is the same thing as comparing my Avalance to a S-10. What the hell do you wnat to know? In a race the Grand Prix GTP will dominate all.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 12:13 PM

can yu put two or three 11`1" kayaks in your avalanche?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 12:22 PM

I can tow 7,000 pounds with my silverado how much can you tow with your 04 GP? smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 12:28 PM

Quote:
I can tow 7,000 pounds with my silverado how much can you tow with your 04 GP? smile
good point HercMan,even though i dont own a 04 GP, i can tell you this much, i dont tow ass... i HAUL ass....
hammer

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 02:01 PM

When I saw that pontiac was advertising there fold down seats and saying you could haul a 9 foot kayak in it I had to laugh. Who would want to put a wet kayak inside their car. Now maybe use a 9 foot ladder or something more equivilant and it would be a better add.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 02:24 PM

Quote:
I can tow 1000 lbs with my GP - how fast can your Silverado go 1320 feet? And what is your MPG?
I was just mearley making a quote to the post about the seats folding down to haul "homeowner" stuff. The Kayak was just a quote from GM - and they are just showing the space that it has, as was I smile

And my Avalanche could tow 8200 lbs for argument sake. I sold it cause it could only get 11-13 mpg cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 02:25 PM

Quote:
When I saw that pontiac was advertising there fold down seats and saying you could haul a 9 foot kayak in it I had to laugh. Who would want to put a wet kayak inside their car. Now maybe use a 9 foot ladder or something more equivilant and it would be a better add.
i went to preview the new GP @ epcot a few months ago and the pmd rep said the exact same thing(carrying a kayak) when he was showing the split/fold down seat.

my wife just looked at me and was laughing so hard cause she told me who in the hell would put a kayak in a 33k automobile.
:rolleyes:

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/24/04 03:18 PM

Quote:
can yu put two or three 11`1" kayaks in your avalanche?
Yes...maybe even 4 or 5 too. As well as tow a Scarab and avoid nasty door dings in the parking lot (thank you plastic body pannels)!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 09:30 AM

1/4 mile is high 15s MPG 16/23 is what I experience. By the way my Silverado is only 2WD with the 3.42 rear end. Perfect for what I need and it's a 100 times better then a grand am.
Posted by: Stevecn6

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 12:16 PM

fyi it's Camaro, not Camero, and what was the guy talking about with the exaust being centered on a Camaro? I'm an exaust fanatic, and I've never seen a stock Camaro with centered exaust. They have classic dual exaust (which belong on the GTO, and the Vette for that matter).

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevecn6:
fyi it's Camaro, not Camero, and what was the guy talking about with the exaust being centered on a Camaro? I'm an exaust fanatic, and I've never seen a stock Camaro with centered exaust. They have classic dual exaust (which belong on the GTO, and the Vette for that matter).

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black
One of the SS Camaros had outlets that came out in the center of the rear bumper. I think it was 2002. And if its a 4th Gen, I dont believe any had classic true dual exhaust. they all went into ONE muffler that had 2 outlets. Even the ones with dual cats went into a y-pipe with one pipe into the muffler, and 2 out.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 02:40 PM

:p

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 03:29 PM

Quote:
1/4 mile is high 15s MPG 16/23 is what I experience. By the way my Silverado is only 2WD with the 3.42 rear end. Perfect for what I need and [b] it's a 100 times better then a grand am . [/b]
thumbsup with out a doubt

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 03:30 PM

And yes the 2002 SS camAro has centered exhaust like the vette. I believe it was an option though.

And was way better than the Grand Am

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 03:44 PM

I recently purchased a Titan which is two hundred times better than a Grand Am, Oh Fu-k enough this is beat to the ground.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 03:49 PM

Jizz, did you sniff alot of glue when you were a kid? Or maybe it wasn't that long ago, since it seems you're still in high school.

Just my .02.. smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 06:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevecn6:
[b] fyi it's Camaro, not Camero, and what was the guy talking about with the exaust being centered on a Camaro? I'm an exaust fanatic, and I've never seen a stock Camaro with centered exaust. They have classic dual exaust (which belong on the GTO, and the Vette for that matter).

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black
One of the SS Camaros had outlets that came out in the center of the rear bumper. I think it was 2002. And if its a 4th Gen, I dont believe any had classic true dual exhaust. they all went into ONE muffler that had 2 outlets. Even the ones with dual cats went into a y-pipe with one pipe into the muffler, and 2 out. [/b]
After the 2nd gen F-bodys none of them came with a true dual exhaust.

When I turned 16, I had the choice of an '88 Cutlass Ciera or the '95 Grand Am. The Grand Am was way better.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 07:57 PM

OK Adam S I'm immature to. I think the point Jizz may be trying to make is that a lot of people on here are all uptite. We all share a common interest GRAND PRIX cant we all just get a long and take this conversation for the best that it is! No offense but some of you sound like garsh darn women...............my 1,582.02 cents worth............

EDIT and before you go posting against someone for misspelling make sure they havent already been corrected. ie camero camaro. its like beating a dead dog..........it wont do anything.........now the grand am sucks!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 08:29 PM

The grand am is the greatest car on the earth...NOT!!!!! :p

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 08:35 PM

I love the Geo Metro. It's a real chick magnet.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 08:46 PM

I would say lets have a real debate on the Grand Am vs. the Grand Prix by taking it to a GM forum where there is Grand Am enthusiets, but I don't think I'm allowed to post up a link to another site like that.

Now as a Grand Am owner I'd like to say.....Sunfires suck.
Posted by: fast-L67

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 08:53 PM

lol....very funny austin .

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 10:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adam S.:
[qb] Jizz, did you sniff alot of glue when you were a kid? Or maybe it wasn't that long ago, since it seems you're still in high school.

Just my .02.. smile

angel

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 10:11 PM

Quote:
I would say lets have a real debate on the Grand Am vs. the Grand Prix by taking it to a GM forum where there is Grand Am enthusiets, but I don't think I'm allowed to post up a link to another site like that.

I would agree..it is better than the sunfire..but not better than the Vibe - I will say equal to the Vibe but not better. savewave

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 10:45 PM

Quote:
I love the Geo Metro. It's a real chick magnet.
Its the JETRO!!!!!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/25/04 11:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] I would say lets have a real debate on the Grand Am vs. the Grand Prix by taking it to a GM forum where there is Grand Am enthusiets, but I don't think I'm allowed to post up a link to another site like that.

I would agree..it is better than the sunfire..but not better than the Vibe - I will say equal to the Vibe but not better. savewave [/b]
The Vibe GT- 170hp and a 6-speed, it really moves. I prefer any Grand Am over one though, especially since I was in a bad accident in a Vibe back in march.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 07:23 AM

My 5 spd Geo Storm was a much better car then the Grand Am.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 08:03 AM

In an earlier post someone said how the GA was Pontiac's best seller. I also heard that. But one thing about that is very very funny

The GA is gone - dead - finished - pulled form the line up.

The GP is hear - redesigned - and still on the list for years to come.

savewave

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 09:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] I love the Geo Metro. It's a real chick magnet.
Its the JETRO!!!!!!!! [/b]
amc pacer,now thats a chick magnet or a fishbowl on wheels, you decide.
laugh

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 09:55 AM

How many remember the Chevy Chevette?
That's a real man's car!
You could tell everyone you know that you own a vette, a che-vette!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 12:06 PM

I remember my older brother calling me up telling me he just bought a new vette (back in the 70s)...yep it was a che-vette

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 12:07 PM

YUGO!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 12:24 PM

Yugo boy smile smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 04:27 PM

I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!! GP owners are the best!!!!! My neighbor had a chevette and i always thought it would have been cool when i was a kid to cut a whole in the back and stick a space heater in it so it looked like a jet motor.........heheh god i was a funny kid........and a even stupider adult........

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I would say lets have a real debate on the Grand Am vs. the Grand Prix by taking it to a GM forum where there is Grand Am enthusiets, but I don't think I'm allowed to post up a link to another site like that.

I would agree..it is better than the sunfire..but not better than the Vibe - I will say equal to the Vibe but not better. savewave [/b]
The Vibe GT- 170hp and a 6-speed, it really moves. I prefer any Grand Am over one though, especially since I was in a bad accident in a Vibe back in march. [/b]
I drove both a grand am GT and a vibe gt 6 spd. yeah the vibe moves but you have to scream it and keep it tached at like 5,000+ rpms to get it to MOVE. WHO drives like that?
Otherwise its dead from the asshole up. There is NO torque whatsoever. I loved the vibe as a vehicle. Lots of really cools stuff and almost bought one, but the engine IMO SUCKS ROCKS. give it 170hp or whatever AND some torque, or let the cam come on at 3,000 not 5,000 or 5500 or whatever and it would be much better.

I liked the grand am GT, but the GTP had more room and was bigger and quicker. I also HATED that stoooopid ribbing on the Grand am GT body.

Otherwise its a nice car.
(ducking for cover) square

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 04:53 PM

quote:
In an earlier post someone said how the GA was Pontiac's best seller. I also heard that. But one thing about that is very very funny

lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 05:19 PM

Quote:
quote:

lol
sorry, the Grand Am is still around to torture you guys for another year. They're keeping the GT coupe for the '05 model year.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 05:21 PM

banghead banghead banghead banghead

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 06:26 PM

Because they have too many on the factory floor and can't get rid of em fast enough.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 09:20 PM

Quote:
Not gone, just renamed. I guess Pontiac thinks making it sound more foreign is going to increase sales. lol
Ok it is not renamed it is not even close to being the same car. It has more interior room longer wheelbase it sits on a different platform it is not the same car.

03 GP = 04 GP = New Skin

03 GA = 05 G6 COMPLETELY NEW EPSILON PLATFORM BASED CAR!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/26/04 11:10 PM

skipidy do da, skipidy yea, My oh my what a wonderful day!
...EVERYBODY!!!

laugh laugh

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/27/04 08:24 AM

Plenty of sunshine heading my way. Zipidy do da zipidy ayyy.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/27/04 09:17 AM

Woo hooo we broke 200!!!!!!!!!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!In the Prix not the ma............

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/27/04 10:25 AM

I think this thread has pissed off Adam S. I've noticed that he has not been around for awhile.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/27/04 11:02 AM

What was this thread about again? Oh ya Grand Ams SUCK!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/27/04 11:10 AM

Quote:
I think this thread has pissed off Adam S. I've noticed that he has not been around for awhile.
hammer lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/27/04 11:14 AM

Quote:
What was this thread about again? Oh ya Grand Ams SUCK!!!!
I love the Saturn commercial where the 2 guys are arguing...

What where we talking about again.. oh yeah what's the catch.

Notice you never see any cool Grand Am commercials. But I have seen 6 really cool GP commercials in the last year smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/27/04 02:36 PM

Perhaps GP inspires the better commercials. Getting the GP inspired me shave and buy dressier cloths and sneakers.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 02:52 AM

Alright guys, this is getting sort of pointless and rediculous. No, I have not been on as often lately for many reasons. Unfortunately, I've had to resort to talking to certain other people from this site in private to get any worthwhile opinions, information or just worthwhile, educated conversation. This GA thing was kind of the last straw. It finally proved that this forum currently consists of more closed minded, ignorant, mindless teen-age mentality than it does useful information and conversation, which is how it was when I joined. Not everyone, of course. But enough that make it more of a "what kind of stupidity or remark is going to be posted today" kind of joke whenever I sign on. I'm not sure, but I don't think that's what this site was meant for. It's better to use water than antifreeze? What the hell is that? Me and some others have actually tried our best to give good, sound advice on certain technical questions and opinions on here to people who were in need. But, unfortunately this is usually followed by someone who "knows better", and pretty much shoots down any educated advice that should really be followed in order to solve the given problem correctly. The thread topic then usually develops into what corners to cut, and how to ditch or bypass whatever was engineered by the factory. In other words, rigging. Any worthwhile advice basically ends up being a waste of time to type. Sometimes I feel the site should be changed to howtohackupyour3800.com!

But for this stupid Grand Am thing. I merely stated my open minded opinion of the car, which is what the topic ended up being. I service numerous GM's daily, am a registered service center, and know this is one of their better models. It's not a Metro, Chevette, or anything else like that. It's actually a model which scores as well as our GP's in terms of reliabilty. But yes, I chose a GP instead, because of the better engine, more room, styling,etc. But just because I happen to chose what I did doesn't make the other model a piece of shit. That's just a plain ignorant, juvenile viewpoint, and not the kind of mentality that's worth even wasting any more breath on. A longer car handles better because it wont spin out as easily? What? I guess we should all be driving school busses if that's the case...uh, with better suspension, of course, since that's all that dictates a vehicle's handling. But enough of that.

My main point is that when I first joined, I found a whole topic board full of endless service tips with helpful, considerate, knowlegable people, and ediqette and consideration for other's opinions. Now those previously respected opinions are followed by "No, every GA is a piece of shit!" Well that's nice. So much for the respect and consideration thing. Why am I even here now? I could hear this kind of logic in a high school auto's class. Looks like it's time to move on and find some adults somewhere. Maybe someday this will turn back into a worthwhile thing here, but for now it just seems to be the online comics-section.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 05:27 AM

I had to read Adam's post twice but after looking back through the threads for awhile i'll have to agree,not only this thread which is just ridiculous, i'll bet most that have posted here haven't even driven a GA, but i guess thats not the point we need to clean up our act or we are going to lose this board to comics,now i know Adam is not a modder but there should be room for both mod's advice and tech.& serv. advice and a little humor doesn't hurt but let's get back some sanity before it's too late,now that's my 02 cent's worth Chico.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 08:23 AM

Quote:
Guess you where right.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 08:31 AM

Quote:
I had to read Adam's post twice but after looking back through the threads for awhile i'll have to agree,not only this thread which is just ridiculous, i'll bet most that have posted here haven't even driven a GA, but i guess thats not the point we need to clean up our act or we are going to lose this board to comics,now i know Adam is not a modder but there should be room for both mod's advice and tech.& serv. advice and a little humor doesn't hurt but let's get back some sanity before it's too late,now that's my 02 cent's worth Chico.
Amen....

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 09:04 AM

I guess I might be one of the comics to this thread that Adam has reffered to, but when a freaking thread goes 15 pages and over 200 post, comparing apples to oranges. I think Chico made the comment earlier that double posts are starting to occur, it's a bit ridiculous.
You'll get no apology from me for trying to bring a little laughter to a thread that has gotten ridiculously out of hand, and from the looks of some of the other replys to this thread, and some of the signature changes that are bashing the GA, it would appear that I'm not the only one that feels this way.
If someone is going to get all bent out of shape because someone else says "this orange is better than that apple" and he disagrees with that so much that he gets all huffy puffy and decides to go elsewhere...now who's the one being childish.
If this is in fact the case, then there is only one thing I have to say to said person...
savewave

BTW...
WOO HOO, I think this thread is finally nearing it's end!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 10:16 AM

I think that Adam should lighten up, yes I am not a car mechanic but I had my experiences with the different cars that I have had, does that make me someone who "knows better" hardly, but this is a forum last time I checked, and if I had a similar experience to the ones posted here I am going to try to relate them, because I have fixed problems in my car based in other peoples experiences, so if anyone has different opinions in how to fix a problem then we shouldn`t POO POO on their opinion and rather exaust all posibilities because as much as we know about these cars we all know that when you have rough iddle then it could be a whole lot of things wrong with the car, so people try to make an educated guess. As far as people why like to "hack up" thir car, they are out there and we know that because car manufacturers are cattering to them, (aka neon SRT-4 etc) so whem you have someone putting a smaller pulley in their car (which we all know is a GM no no) then we shouldn`t say that this person should go to carhackers.com becasue I may want to know if that persons car blows up , becasue if it doesn`t then I might want to put a smaller pulley on my car (please lets not get into pulley devate becasue this is only an example), and as far as posting a non value added post like this one, then yes I do agree that the silly comments can get out of hand, but thats why we have an "everything else" forum and is up to the moderator to say, it`s time to move this post there, I agree that this post should not have been here but as far as having a post like this one in this site doesn`t bother me, it just shows that we are human and we have a lighter side.
conclusion:
1)Everyones opinion matters, no matter how wrong YOU might think they are.

2)modding your car is OK (in the end is your car)

3)non value added posting should be kicked into the "everything else forum" and not banned from grandpix.net

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 12:03 PM

I don't know why people are gettin all fussy this thread lost all credibility 15 pages ago. The original topic belongs in a GM forum not a GP forum. What do people expect??

Zipidy dooo daaaa Zipidy ayyy...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 12:30 PM

its a shame.. its a shame that yu feel that way adam but i have to ask you this , why has this up set you so much, they are just opinions but your acting immature.

the last time i checked anyone here that doesnt like the thread can post or not post,you had this choice and you choose to continue to read and post.

now your all bent and your gettin short with other members and calling people names and uncalled for names at that.

is this the way you treat a paying customer cause he says something stupid ,ignorant or childish, i dont think so cause theyll leave for another place or even worst.

dodnt get me wrong i think that the advice you give is probaly the best that we may find here but just cause its free does not mean that some people in this forum are gonna miss you if you take you ball and go home.

ive vissited other gp sites on the web and ive found this to be one of the best cause it has variety without the b.s. that other sites post. if you want ignorant go to forums that talk about race ,religion , politics and what not then throw in some info on our cars adfter they finish bashing other people.

if you feel that the grass is greener on the other side then all i can say is good luck hope you find 10x the people that appreciate your knowledge more this motley crew (me included) savewave

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 01:53 PM

After reading all these post and how everyone is getting upset and what not one thing still remains the same and very clear

The GRAND PRIX is better that the Grand Am :p

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 03:44 PM

^^^LOL at Jizz^^^
I have driven a GA....I have one and my GP. I've posted that a few times on here. To my point, every one has opinions on everything. Just because someone is a mechanic, doesn't mean we have to listen to them. I think Adam should stop and read some of his posts. When we post, we give our opinion on the matter. When he posts, he gives his opinion. So whats the deal Adam? As far as "hacking" up a car, it is called modding it. Why do we do it?...Cause we wanna...and we don't wanna be the same as the next guy. If we didn't do anything to our car, what would be the point of this forum? I bet Adam has "hacked" a car or two. Everyone is different on that subject and have different tastes to their liking. So if there is a problem with someone is doing a u-bend delete, or tinting their windows, or putting on a pulley, then maybe that person shouldn't be here. Just because the factory does it "their way", doesn't mean we can't change it up to the way we want. I HAVE TO SAY SO WHAT AND TOUGH CRAP. If you feel the way you do, then don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! savewave square

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/28/04 05:19 PM

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 09:44 AM

GA vs. GP. That was the topic, right? My wife bought her 01 GA in 01 with 14,000 miles from Enterprise car rental for $12,000.00. Since then, she has brought it in for service once for a blower resistor. Three years, 80,000 miles, and only one problem which was fixed under warantee. Can't say the same for my 03 GTP. In one year, I had taken my 03 in for service 20 times. Figures out to one service call every 1200 miles. This is why I traded it in for the 04. So which is the better car? I still loved my GP way mor than th GA, but better? I'd have to think about that one.
Jack

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 10:25 AM

I read some of the latest responses in this thread last night because like a bad movie sometimes you just cant stop watching. One or two posts really kind of pissed me off, so I didnt reply. I reread them today and I'll say this.

There is a lot of experience on this thread, and there is a lot of INexperience and BS floating around too. A fundamental tenet of modifying your car is if you deviate from what the factory did, you may gain performance (but not always), but you will surely reduce longevity and reliability. It may be slight and not affect your car for 100,000 miles, you might sell it before you ever see the effects, OR it might be major and in 5,000-10,000 miles something blows up, but it will always happen.

Every persons situation is different, some have garage queens, some put 10,000 miles a year on their car and some like me run 35,000 a year. The modification vs reliability comes in the more you drive of course. Ive modified my cars enough to know that you take manufacturers HP claims with a grain of salt, you dont beleive everything you read on the internet, and if you are going to modify your car you research what the mod will do, how it will affect your car in your situation and then determine if it is worth it. Many of you out there dont take the time to do this, someone says put on a 3.25 pulley cuz I did and you will be fine but they never really find out what that actually does or what other things need to be done that they may need to do to prevent some negative effects

Adam may have been a bit thin skinned about the childish bullsh*t that went on in this site, particularly this thread, and he does lean more toward the factory solution because in his business 95% or better of the people that come to him dont want to come back because what he did broke their car, regardlless of how much faster it made the car go. His advice and information,never steered anyone wrong and I dont think he ever gave out bogus info or any advice based on hearesay. He always tried to help people do whats right to their car rather than letting them hack it up and have problems later.

In his eyes, and personally in mine doing a hack job on your car to gain HP and save money is the worst thing you can do. Been there done that! Especially when a young kid who can barely afford the payments on his car to begin with comes on this site looking for info and someone says Spend $xxx to do x, y and z its great. but no one ever warns the kid that it will case A, B C problems if he doesnt do D,E and F and his car blows up the following week.
Yes, his fault for not researching it but unfortunately I see it as our fault for not doing right by the kid. If you dont have the money to do it right, how are you going to have the money to fix it?

Adam steered people more toward the safe side and tried to give downsides of a lot of things so people would be better informed. For that you guys are telling him to not let the door hit him in the Ass. Its real nice when you guys sit there preaching tollerance of others views, yet you piss and moan because Adam takes a different view than you and you want him off the list. Why? because it makes you think? because it makes you defend your position with solid info rather than just tell people its ok go ahead and do it cuz you know this guy in city X who did it and he says its wonderful? that is just sad.

Texas GP said, and I quote:

So if there is a problem with someone is doing a u-bend delete, or tinting their windows, or putting on a pulley, then maybe that person shouldn't be here. Just because the factory does it "their way", doesn't mean we can't change it up to the way we want. I HAVE TO SAY SO WHAT AND TOUGH CRAP. If you feel the way you do, then don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!

TexasGP, I havent met you and I wont judge you but I will comment on what you said.

Most of what you said in your post is true, everyone has differing opinions and different approaches. But your ending did it for me. Pardon me while I piss and moan about your approach. You claim to be a "modder" and dont mind hacking up a car. Well good for you, But Id say adam was trying to prevent people who dont know what the hell they are doing or cant afford to have their car down or throw unlimited money at a problem to fix it from doing what you did.

Let me ask you a question, hows that U-bend delete working out for ya?

Did you research the mod?
did you find out why to do it and what it entailed?
did you research where to get it done and all the other options you had?
Did you know enough about what you wanted to do, to tell the shop you took it to exactly what you needed done and why?
did you know you could have not put in the aft 02 sensor in the replacement pipe and used a simulator?
did you realize that if you bought a new downpipe in the future for more mods it automatically eliminates the Ubend?
Did you make sure the shop put the old 02 in a position on the new pipe as to limit damage that might occur from road debris?
did you make sure they cut and/or welded with the 02 OUT of the pipe else it will freeze it in there?
did you even consider it?

IMO judging by the result it doesnt look like it, but. Looks to me like you heard the Ubend delete is a thing to do and you didnt want to spend the time to research it or the $65 for the PYFC part or find a shop that knew waht they were doing so you tried to cut corners and save money and took it to some Midas who had the lowest price and had them hack your car up. Way to mod buddy! Now you spent just as much as you would have if you bought the right part and did it correctly only yours is still screwed up and you are going to have to spend more money to fix it. And of course, its the shops fault. BUT Kudos to you for posting your experience and letting others learn from it.

Again, if you have a ton of money its not a problem, but if you are struggling to make the payments and dont know any better.... Yeah I know, it comes down to personal responsibility etc etc, but IMO its stuff like that, that Adam was trying to prevent by asking questions he did and making comments he did. Make you think about what you are doing and why you should or shouldnt do it. For that you guys are showing him the door. How Nice.

As for the humor in this thread, yeah some of it was funny, I enjoyed it and added to it, but I still wouldnt buy a GA over a GP. (just trying to keep it on topic) smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 10:47 AM

this dam thread is not goin away,is it? banghead
Posted by: tc

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 11:14 AM

Can we hear another Amen? angel

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 11:20 AM

Hell, I'll say it too, why2..
Adam, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!!!
His comments about others being childish while he was acting the same way, don't go good with me. Remember, he left because someone said that this orange is better than that apple, and he disagreed with that so much that he took his ball and ran to play somewhere else. Who cares how much better an orange is compared to an apple.
It's too bad for us that he...

...why the hell am I even replying, again, to this useless thread.
This thing will never go away.

no

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 11:37 AM

I dont claim to be a modder...never said that.
- Did I research it?....Went from all the posts...thats what the forum is here for right?
- Did I find out why...of course....
- Did I research where to get it done...NO...because I am 4 hours from home at the hospital for my son's cancer treatment. I seen a shop that was ASE certified so I figured they must be half-assed good.
- Yes, I know what I wanted, and the shop knew exactly...they have done numerous n the GP.
- No I did not know I could use a simulator...BUT I did put back in the old one and returned the new one, since I drove it only 2 miles from where I was, they gladly refunded my money. THAT WAS AFTER READING THAT THE 2nd O2 SENSOR DID NOTHING....That was from this thread..I learned something, and did it.....
- If I wanted the downpipe, I woulda got one....Just wanted the u-bend gone.
- Yes, they put it in right, I was under the car myself while it was done. It's my car, and I want things done my way.
- They cut the u-bend out with the o2 in it. BUT I got it out. They welded up the new pipe, AND THEN put in the New O2. AFTER they cooled it off.

As for the piece from PYFC, it is $65....They made one for $30, that is a $35 savings...I did do my homework. And they did do a great job on it. You weren't here and under the car, so you wouldn't know. The only part the shop did was try to get me to buy a part for triple price. The reason i didn't buy one before I went, was because they said they could remove the old O2. And they did, they just thought I DIDN'T DO MY HOMEWORK AND KNOW HOW MUCH THEY COST...BUT I DID. CALLED DOING MY HOMEWORK. SO, all in all, my shit ain't screwed up just because I didn;t buy a part from PYFC....HOW MANY THAT DID THE U-BEND, DIDN'T BUY THAT PART? HOW MUCH LESS WAS IT AND IS IT GIVING YOU PROBLEMS.

Maybe before trying to call me out and try to make me look like an ass, you should have contacted me and asked these questions.

As for ADAM, I was just saying that the reason people MOD, is because they want things done different. To not be the same as the next guy. It is done for a reason. IE...my tinted windows, I have allergies and sometimes my kids ride in my car. My son has cancer, and connot be in the son for longer than 10 minutes......A new head unit....cause my Stock GP unit bit the dust....new rear speaker, cause one was blown...EVERYTHING IS DONE FOR A REASON, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.....The other mods I have done because they look good...Adam was wondering why the hell someone would "hack" up a car...that wasn't hacking to me...He finished with a shitty attitude toward things, so he got shitty responds.

All in all, I am done with this post.....not trying to piss anyone off, but things were said in this thread that shouldn't have been said. I apologize for stepping on toes..including ADAM.
So for anyone reading this, Sorry.....
ARE WE ALL HAPPY NOW

cheers cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 11:46 AM

Here I go again......
If he wanted to leave so bad, then like I said....oh well...I don't think anyone was being childish...Just being funny. I'm not always serious about everything, and do like to make a joke here and there...as with everyone. Like AUSTIN SAID^^^^ He was acting the same damn way....ok...hopefully I am done now! thumbsup

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 01:23 PM

Sooooommmmmeee where over the rainbow blue birds fly...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 02:26 PM

Well it's too bad we have to lose members because of such BS but thats life i'm sure we'll all survive without Adam's text book advice,nothing you couldn't find in any service manual it seems he may have taken a few members with him but tough sh-t ,last time i looked this was GP.net not Adam .net ,bye see you later .Go forward and bash a newbie today.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 07:34 PM

No matter how mad anyone gets. No matter how much anyone pees and moans...The GP is still a better car crazy kooky thumbsup

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/29/04 09:58 PM

Quote:
A fundamental tenet of modifying your car is if you deviate from what the factory did, you may gain performance (but not always), but you will surely reduce longevity and reliability. It may be slight and not affect your car for 100,000 miles, you might sell it before you ever see the effects, OR it might be major and in 5,000-10,000 miles something blows up, but it will always happen.
You may want to re-think this. confused . Without going into a lengthy explaination I will just say this is not true.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/30/04 07:41 AM

Quote:
Alright guys, this is getting sort of pointless and rediculous. No, I have not been on as often lately for many reasons. Unfortunately, I've had to resort to talking to certain other people from this site in private to get any worthwhile opinions, information or just worthwhile, educated conversation. This GA thing was kind of the last straw. It finally proved that this forum currently consists of more closed minded, ignorant, mindless teen-age mentality than it does useful information and conversation, which is how it was when I joined. Not everyone, of course. But enough that make it more of a "what kind of stupidity or remark is going to be posted today" kind of joke whenever I sign on. I'm not sure, but I don't think that's what this site was meant for. It's better to use water than antifreeze? What the hell is that? Me and some others have actually tried our best to give good, sound advice on certain technical questions and opinions on here to people who were in need. But, unfortunately this is usually followed by someone who "knows better", and pretty much shoots down any educated advice that should really be followed in order to solve the given problem correctly. The thread topic then usually develops into what corners to cut, and how to ditch or bypass whatever was engineered by the factory. In other words, rigging. Any worthwhile advice basically ends up being a waste of time to type. Sometimes I feel the site should be changed to howtohackupyour3800.com!

Why am I even here now? I could hear this kind of logic in a high school auto's class. Looks like it's time to move on and find some adults somewhere. Maybe someday this will turn back into a worthwhile thing here, but for now it just seems to be the online comics-section.
Oh, so that's why everybody's flaming ya. That's a pretty harsh thing to say.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/30/04 08:56 AM

supercalifrajalisticexpealidosous even though the sound of it is realy quite atrosous...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 08/30/04 09:02 AM

Quote:
Sooooommmmmeee where over the rainbow blue birds fly...
i thought a blue bird was a bus.
confused

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/13/04 08:12 PM

Quote:
I dont claim to be a modder...never said that.
- Did I research it?....Went from all the posts...thats what the forum is here for right?
- Did I find out why...of course....
- Did I research where to get it done...NO...because I am 4 hours from home at the hospital for my son's cancer treatment. I seen a shop that was ASE certified so I figured they must be half-assed good.
- Yes, I know what I wanted, and the shop knew exactly...they have done numerous n the GP.
- No I did not know I could use a simulator...BUT I did put back in the old one and returned the new one, since I drove it only 2 miles from where I was, they gladly refunded my money. THAT WAS AFTER READING THAT THE 2nd O2 SENSOR DID NOTHING....That was from this thread..I learned something, and did it.....
- If I wanted the downpipe, I woulda got one....Just wanted the u-bend gone.
- Yes, they put it in right, I was under the car myself while it was done. It's my car, and I want things done my way.
- They cut the u-bend out with the o2 in it. BUT I got it out. They welded up the new pipe, AND THEN put in the New O2. AFTER they cooled it off.

As for the piece from PYFC, it is $65....They made one for $30, that is a $35 savings...I did do my homework. And they did do a great job on it. You weren't here and under the car, so you wouldn't know. The only part the shop did was try to get me to buy a part for triple price. The reason i didn't buy one before I went, was because they said they could remove the old O2. And they did, they just thought I DIDN'T DO MY HOMEWORK AND KNOW HOW MUCH THEY COST...BUT I DID. CALLED DOING MY HOMEWORK. SO, all in all, my shit ain't screwed up just because I didn;t buy a part from PYFC....HOW MANY THAT DID THE U-BEND, DIDN'T BUY THAT PART? HOW MUCH LESS WAS IT AND IS IT GIVING YOU PROBLEMS.

Maybe before trying to call me out and try to make me look like an ass, you should have contacted me and asked these questions.

As for ADAM, I was just saying that the reason people MOD, is because they want things done different. To not be the same as the next guy. It is done for a reason. IE...my tinted windows, I have allergies and sometimes my kids ride in my car. My son has cancer, and connot be in the son for longer than 10 minutes......A new head unit....cause my Stock GP unit bit the dust....new rear speaker, cause one was blown...EVERYTHING IS DONE FOR A REASON, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.....The other mods I have done because they look good...Adam was wondering why the hell someone would "hack" up a car...that wasn't hacking to me...He finished with a shitty attitude toward things, so he got shitty responds.

All in all, I am done with this post.....not trying to piss anyone off, but things were said in this thread that shouldn't have been said. I apologize for stepping on toes..including ADAM.
So for anyone reading this, Sorry.....
ARE WE ALL HAPPY NOW

cheers cheers
Texas, weeks later after reading through everything I mostly misinterpreted your ubend delete stuff. The way I read it, on a whim you took it to a shop you didnt know much about and they hosed up your old 02, tried to charge you a lot more for a new one and then when they put it back together the whole ubend thing was all loose and still not right. From the tone of your posts I would never guess you were happy with their work or the whole experience, or guess that anything was even half way correct under there. In that light I then saw you taking adam to task for trying to help out people when it looked to me like you yourself were giving a perfect example of you yourself not knowing what you were doing. I apologise for misinterpreting your posts. Sorry

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/13/04 10:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Sooooommmmmeee where over the rainbow blue birds fly...
i thought a blue bird was a bus.
confused [/b]
Now that's the funniest thing I heard all day

But anyways, no need to get if you don't agree with something. I for one think its nice to see some humor once in a while. After the first page, I only looked at this thread to get a few laughs. The other threads are still pretty useful. You want to see a thread gone crazy go to this 350Z thread, where some twins posted a picture of 2 cars in front of a nice house, and claimed them as theirs, when it was really someone elses. That someone else happen to read that same thread and got ticked. The whole board then got down on the pretender, and bashed him to high heaven. All with PHOTSHOPPED pictures. It's actually pretty funny. The thread is over 20 pages. The funny photochopped pictures start on page 3 or so... All I have to say is

Well, I'm going to go out and

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/13/04 10:26 PM

While some people may see the GrandPrix.net going to be a joke haven over one very long post is what they didnt notices was all the 'work' or the 'good' that was going on. While this post was and is still going we have helped people from spending 350 dollars on a window tint job. We have help a few new people decide what may be the first thing they want to do is. I myself have been more than willing to provide my knowledge of these cars to more than a handful of people. I feel that I am pretty knowledgeable on these cars after all on my 3rd gp and have worked on several fwd v6 gm cars.

As for the handling adam s i have a feeling your still reading this longer wheel base is done for a reason. Ill get to that in a second. But the reason i think your still reading this is becuase i MOD a car board. I see someone post something crappy or that they are done with it and check the logs and wahhh laahhh there they are signed in as guest or not signed in at all. as for the wheelbase thing why does the G6 have longer wheelbase than the grand ma and why did the vette engineers extend the vettes wheel base?

All in all one joke doesnt mean the board fell to crap during hte one joke we had lots of good and i personally hope this thread goes beyond 1000 posts and stays where it was at. If it was my board i would let it to prove a point.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/14/04 12:52 AM

Quote:
Texas, weeks later after reading through everything I mostly misinterpreted your ubend delete stuff. The way I read it, on a whim you took it to a shop you didnt know much about and they hosed up your old 02, tried to charge you a lot more for a new one and then when they put it back together the whole ubend thing was all loose and still not right. From the tone of your posts I would never guess you were happy with their work or the whole experience, or guess that anything was even half way correct under there. In that light I then saw you taking adam to task for trying to help out people when it looked to me like you yourself were giving a perfect example of you yourself not knowing what you were doing. I apologise for misinterpreting your posts. Sorry
I was happy with the finished product, but not happy that they tried to claim I needed a new O2 and how much it costed was a ridiculous amount. I did my homework and knew they were trying to rip me off. As for the Adam deal....I knew he was just trying to give advice, and I did learn a few things from him.

On the other hand.....I thought this post was done for sure!!! devileek

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/14/04 08:29 AM

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!

I was just thinking the other day how happy I was that this thread was over.

kooky

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 01/31/05 08:41 PM

It lives smile GP better then GA cause GP comes with a 3.8 smile ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:)

I had to do it. smile
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 01/31/05 09:05 PM

lol Thanks Herc, we all needed this to come back.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 01/31/05 09:11 PM

Grand Am is better than a Grand Prix, and that just the way it is!
See it my way or I'm LEAVING!!!

laugh :p

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 01/31/05 09:30 PM

OMG...this thread is back from the dead....

Hey...my GP didn't come with a 3.8.....no fair!!

Oh yea...GP is better
Posted by: DoberManJT

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 01/31/05 09:50 PM

The Grand Am is better.

this is what I would say if I wanted to tell a lie.
devilgrin

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 01/31/05 10:43 PM

who...... :rolleyes: brought this thread back?? darthvader
Posted by: Kirmie

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 12:09 AM

Obviously the GA is better. I mean seriously! Its smaller, slower, and uglier. Oh, and I almost forgot, it was going to cost more insurance wise for a base model GA than my GTP. lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 01:00 AM

maybe this is appropriate...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 08:31 AM

Quote:
who...... :rolleyes: brought this thread back?? darthvader
Herc.
DAMN YOU HERC!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 08:54 AM

IT LIVES!!!!
O yeah almost forgot
Grand Prixs Rule

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 09:25 AM

devilgrin lol smile
Posted by: UMfan

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 09:32 AM

I didn't bother to read this WHOLE topic, but from the jist of it, I understand that most (all?) of you feel the GP is superior to the GA.

My understanding was that Pontiac had a tiered approach: Grand Am, Grand Prix, Bonneville. Now they have the GTO at the top of the line.

But I would not trade my GTP for a Bonne.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 11:26 AM

When my truck is paid off in 16 months I'm gonna compliment my GTP with a V-8 powered Bonnie. smile Kids are gettin bigger So I'll need the room. And unfortunately as of now Chevy doesn't have a Performance full size. I won't look at an Impala unless it gets bigger and comes with a V8 and I can't afford the Caddies.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 11:58 AM

Quote:
When my truck is paid off in 16 months I'm gonna compliment my GTP with a V-8 powered Bonnie. smile Kids are gettin bigger So I'll need the room. And unfortunately as of now Chevy doesn't have a Performance full size. I won't look at an Impala unless it gets bigger and comes with a V8 and I can't afford the Caddies.
how many horses does a Bonne have? I don't like the look of them.

You should go with the old impala SS (I think it was mid 90s) they had V8s and were pretty decent for a full size.
Posted by: Canadian GTP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 12:00 PM

I missed this thread last time around (lucky i guess). Im quite suprised that most people think the GP is better then the GA on a GP Forum crazy

Anyway, my Wife loves GA's. She plans on buying one soon and spanking it up a bit. Hey! I'm all for it. Im more concerned about keeping PONTIAC's in the family the the "Prix" or "Am" part of it.

They are both Sweet!!! MWAHAHAHAHAH...

Cheers All!!! It's good to see that humourous side of Herc on this thread. He's not the Auto-Diagnostic machine that i was beginning to suspect after all wink

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 12:13 PM

:p

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 01:13 PM

This topic is a kind of dead walking, keeps on coming up any time...

Alex cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 01:52 PM

you mean like this

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 01:58 PM

Exactly Herc!... lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 03:55 PM

GA is so last year,,, we should rename it G6 vs GP...sorry I had to.. lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 04:20 PM

That new G6 GTP just might bust our b#!!s

smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 04:26 PM

Quote:

smile
But that's what the GP GXP is for devilsmile
Posted by: 4rsssfed_grandprix98

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 04:41 PM

Quote:

smile
Yeah, but that G6 is more Grand Prix than any grand MA ever will be laugh

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 04:50 PM

Wow I think this is a new Gunisses world record for the longest thread. eek wink
Posted by: Dementeddj

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 07:14 PM

Quote:
hey herc, you'll have to go older to get a bigger impala,cause they made the bad ass ones in 94, 95, and best year of all, 96 laugh laugh . you probably know already, but they had a version of the LT1, and came with very little options, cause they were already loaded. kick ass cars man!!!! the 96 was the only year frown to have the analog gauges and a floor shifter. they came in 3 colors. black, dark cherry red, and teal. good luck finding one for a decent price!!!

if you get one, remember crazy devilgrin

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 07:16 PM

I saw a 96 at local dealership last year. They wanted 25k for it eek

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 07:27 PM

There is too much hype around the G6. Sure it's a step above the Grand Am, but the new GP is still a much nicer ride. The one thing I really can't stand about the G6 is how all the controls and everything is intergrated into the factory radio.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 07:30 PM

They gotta hype it to sell it. I like what GM did with the Cobalt how ever I think the S/Cd one is a bit over priced.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 08:20 PM

Grand Prix vs. Grand Am: They both suck.

Just kidding. Grand Prix's kick ass. Buy a Dakota. 5 spd baby!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 08:21 PM

Ahh my Silverado will out pull your Dakota smile

Ohh your CBR might be faster then the CMX but the chicks dig the lil curiser smile

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 08:25 PM

Nice try with the CBR, but I just put a deposit down on this:

http://s92149915.onlinehome.us/954_01.jpg
http://s92149915.onlinehome.us/954_02.jpg
http://s92149915.onlinehome.us/954_03.jpg
http://s92149915.onlinehome.us/954_04.jpg

It's a 2003 CBR 954RR
603 miles
Micron Exhaust
Rear Fender Eliminator
Chrome Rims
Tinted Windscreen

Everything was dealer installed. The guy bought it like this.

I'll post more (and better) pictures when I pick it up.

P.S. - My dog can outpull my Dakota.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 08:29 PM

Nice. I want. What's with the smoke out of the exhaust?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 02/01/05 08:32 PM

It hadn't been run in a couple months and it was 10 degrees out.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 05/15/05 01:44 PM

Grand Prixs are so much better then the Grand Am. Just look GM killed the GA and replaced it yet they kept the GP smile

Ha Ha I had to do it devilgrin

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 05/15/05 01:50 PM

devilgrin
Posted by: car8fan

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 05/15/05 04:08 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. My son has an '01 GA. I have an '03 GP. He is always asking if I want to swap cars. The '03 GP is the last of the "great body styles". "Wider is better!" The new body style is too "Euro" looking. Not to mention that, for you NASCAR fans, Tony Stewart won the Winston Cup Championship, in 2002, driving a Pontiac GP with the '03 body on it. wink Pontiac has since pulled out of NASCAR to support GM's decision to focus on the Monte Carlo's success. So,... Those of us who have '03's own a piece of racing history. cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 05/15/05 08:30 PM

not this post again!!
Posted by: nad

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 05/15/05 11:04 PM

OMG! Herc, you just had to ressurrect this stupid topic. Hahaha...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/23/05 06:09 PM

WHAT!, did you think i was going this topic die??

NOOO, it's my son, like FRANKENSTEIN!!

lol lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/23/05 06:57 PM

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, when you least expect it....it rises from the dead again mad banghead

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/23/05 07:03 PM

lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/23/05 08:20 PM

lol

I should kill this thread.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/23/05 08:21 PM

Now we know the truth behind Alex's possessed ride. It's not possessed HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/23/05 08:22 PM

I guess all I need to do is add one of my "star trek regulation" posts and someone will lock it out...it worked over in "look at the size of this wing"...either that or there are no trek fans here.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 12:20 AM

I wish I had a camera on me a month or so back. Saw a GA with a foot high spoiler, fart cans, and typical ricer body work with FnFesque decals.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 12:34 AM

now that i don't have a GP and drive my wifes Grand Am..............GA's ARE BETTER..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 12:35 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 01:21 AM

Quote:
Now we know the truth behind Alex's possessed ride. It's not possessed HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!
The truth about Alex's ride is that he's been ordering GP parts for his Grand Am. eek

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Quote:
[b] Now we know the truth behind Alex's possessed ride. It's not possessed HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!
The truth about Alex's ride is that he's been ordering GP parts for his Grand Am. eek [/b]
ooh, that's why the headlamp didn't fit?...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 08:51 AM

quote:
darthvader

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 11:25 AM

What if a 3800 was put in a GA.....what would you think about that everyone??

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 11:32 AM

It would be a very nice engine into a very ugly car.

Unless you are from TEXAS!!! cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 11:49 AM

LMAO.....hey Alex.I'm stuck driving one........leave me alone.....

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 12:12 PM

Quote:
LMAO.....hey Alex.I'm stuck driving one........leave me alone.....
Did you like the edit i made to my previous post??

cheers

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 12:27 PM

thumbsup
Posted by: fast-L67

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 03:14 PM

one of my buddies wants to put an L-67 in his 97 ga. w/ rear whl drive. chassy swap and all. it would be a lot of work and i dont think he realizes just how much. we would of course debadge it and im actually thinking of making custom badges if we really do it. the motor would of couse be modded up to about 300 horse. how funny would that be. he just wants to see if he can finally beat my gtp. the boy certainly does have imagination. it would be fun to see if would actually work.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fast-L67:
he just wants to see if he can finally beat my gtp. the boy certainly does have imagination.
lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 09:17 PM

You might be able to fit a 3800 in a GA, but you can fit a V8 in a GP. thumbsup

Since were on the subject of wedging big behemoths between the fenders... Who still thinks a Northstar won't fit a GP? I'm still intrigued by the idea.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 09:27 PM

with a little time, know how, money, and astro glide, you can fit anything, anywhere........

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 09:51 PM

I've seen a 502 squeezed between the fenders of a Nash Metropolitan. jawdrop

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/24/05 10:28 PM

I've put 4k miles on my bike since the post on page 19.

This thread is old. Not as old as my sig though.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/25/05 02:22 AM

Not as old as the "my car is old" thread in the everything else forum.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/25/05 10:01 AM

But still...GP's are better than GA'S

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/25/05 10:21 AM

yep.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/25/05 03:42 PM

I think we'd ban anyone that argued otherwise. smile Nothing spectacular about the Grand MAs, the GPs have some sexy lines and horsepower though.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 11:45 AM

Bigger is better.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 04:10 PM

no... "Wider is better"

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 05:27 PM

POST EDITED FOR NOT BEING ON TOPIC...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 05:44 PM

Hey the topic is about CARS so lets keep it that way. We know where your mind is now don't we wink

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 06:25 PM

was my post deleted?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 06:27 PM

I didn't touch it. I was kiddin around with your post.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 06:28 PM

I coulda swore I posted another one after you posted...Hmmmmm

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 06:30 PM

Something strange is going on around here....

I'm surrendering to this topic...time to let it die.....

I think it's turning to

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 06:43 PM

no!!!!!!, IT can never die!!!!!!! THIS SITE WITHOUT THEASE THREAD'S is like a GTP WITHOUT AN L67. it cant happen usa
p.s. not to mention it would be unpatriotic usa

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 08:21 PM

real patriotic.......blue white and red.....you french boy :p

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 08:40 PM

That is whatcha want

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/26/05 08:52 PM

thumbsup
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/28/05 01:34 PM

MOTHER OF ALL CREATURES, BIG AND SMALL!!!

Please stop this topic! laugh
The G6 is out now. Noone is thinking of old Grand Ams anymore anyway.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/28/05 05:37 PM

GP is still better then the G6 smile
Posted by: Dementeddj

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/28/05 07:04 PM

Quote:
GP is still better then the G6 smile
'Nuff said, lets kill this topic, lock it up, read it for laughs occasionally, and if we must start one GP vs G6. PLEASE LET THIS ONE DIE!!!!!!!!

give it an award for the longest running post ever, and let it RIP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/28/05 08:40 PM

My Trailblazer is better than your Grand Prix.
Except mine is drive by wire......and has stupid torque managment......

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/29/05 01:27 AM

Does anybody happen to know what years the Grand Am changed and what different models they came in?
I see a lot of ugly ones, and a few really nice ones here and there.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/29/05 08:27 AM

My 1989 G/A...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/29/05 08:33 AM

Did that get the Quad 4 or was that an Olds only motor?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/29/05 09:27 AM

That one had the Quad-4.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 11/29/05 01:08 PM

My sister had one of the elusive older GAs (about the age of Austins) with the 2.0 and turbo... Until it threw a connecting rod.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/25/05 11:14 AM

Here is my Christmas gift to GP.net :p angel cowboy cool darthvader

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/25/05 01:02 PM

merry christmas.... :rolleyes: thumbsup
Posted by: shawny519

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/25/05 06:00 PM

So the topic didn't die?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/25/05 10:02 PM

I wish it would die, but killing it just doesn't seem right.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/26/05 12:09 AM

Killing this thread would be cruel and unusual.

Although I'm really not sure why it even exists, considering the Grand Prix is better than the Grand Am in just about every aspect...
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/26/05 12:41 PM

Keep it alive. Anyone want to commit time to this topic, feel free.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/27/05 11:15 AM

It should be some kind of "oscar" to the largest topic ever...hahahaha
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 12/27/05 11:29 AM

See, I was in Savannah, Ga, and I raced this GA GT in my 96 Beretta, and roasted 'im in the light-to-light .5-mile-ish drag, then took to the road going around an army airfield, and roasted 'im even worse, and my Beretta was happy, and you could hear it go "Yay, me!" lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 06:47 PM

Come on now.............how in the world did this post get lost??????? LMAO
Posted by: D

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 10:06 PM

I wasn't readin the whoel topic b/c my time is short but i have a story. My girlsfirends father has an 04 Grand Am he has some mods like a CAI but thats it. He said there was no way i could beat him with my car so we had a little race. As soon as i hit the gas i had him. If my tires didn;t spin i would have had him by more. I will post the vid when i get a chance I have to find it.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 10:58 PM

ahh it never ends
go Grand Prix
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 10:58 PM

Quote:
Come on now.............how in the world did this post get lost??????? LMAO
It was supposed to get lost and not come back! smile wink

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 11:13 PM

But I got lost and came back.........
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 11:24 PM

Grand am's suck, one of my friends has a GP 40th annvir. 4 door, and my other friend has a 01 SE and both of them raced a grand am gt on the highway and after they both hit a 100 they left the grand am in the dust, and the guy with the grand am gt said his was faster because his speedometer goes to 150 but what he doen't know is that the stock one has a speed limiter on a stock car.

( on another note a base 3.1 liter gp smoked the grand am the the grand am has a 3.4 liter with ram air, so thats why grand prix cost more then the grand am's and its a reason for that.)lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 11:44 PM

banghead

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/05/06 11:56 PM

hahahaha....Sorry Bobby...LOL

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 12:00 AM

Posted by: Kev-GTP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 01:16 AM

Danngg..this topic is almost two years old!! thats crazzy

notontopic i know i know...
Posted by: buggy2068

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 05:29 AM

Okay ladies, I just spent the past hour and a half reading every single post that was made since this topic started. Yes, I started with post one made by Alex all the way until the most recent post made by Kev-GTP. I have to say that I am glad that there is this post on here for several reasons.

1. It shows that you all know how to have fun and despite losing a couple of members over it(which was totally stupid, if you don't agree with a post then don't read it anymore) it shows a fun side to the board.

2. I would like to point out that I have never seen a post that was two years old.

3. While this was the biggest waste of my time it has helped pass the time. See, the only time I am really ever on here is while I am at work. Yes, i have a vvery slow job. I surf the internet and catch up on what went on during the day. I work night shift.

4. THE GREMLIN RULES ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

j/k GPs are the best in every aspect. When this one dies I will buy another and another and another until I die.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 07:25 AM

We lost members over this thread?

I think this might be my first post here, so don't blame me.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
We lost members over this thread?

Here's your first post in the thread...
http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001840;p=2#000022

Adam "keep it stock" S. is the member we lost.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 10:58 AM

hahahahahaha...I am loving it.
Posted by: Golden Glider

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 11:16 AM

Man, you guys have way too much time on your hands. I like this post, and I hate Grand -Ams, so it's all good.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 11:37 AM

lol lol
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 03:52 PM

I love this post, keeps time moving fast at work since I work overnight.
Posted by: SLP_GP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/06/06 10:36 PM

the grand prix is definately a more masculine car, grand ams are a chixs sporty grocery getter even if there the GT

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/07/06 02:55 AM

Hey SLP_GP I see you are from Ohio. Are you anywhere near Marion or Columbus? I grew up in Marion, my folks still live there.

Anyway, I personally couldn't stand the look of Grand Am.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/07/06 07:03 AM

I pulled this excerpt from thetruthaboutcars.com. I thought it was kind of funny. It is a review about the G6, which I can't stand.

"Pontiac's ads proudly proclaim that their latest sports sedan is "the first ever G6"– as if the company somehow beat its competitors to build a G6. Which is what exactly? A car that gets 100 miles per gallon? Brings peace to the Middle East? Self-replicates? We all know the G6's REAL claim to fame: it's the first automobile personally bestowed upon every member of a studio audience by a chat show Queen, under false pretences. (Pontiac provided the vehicles, Oprah took the credit, recipients didn't like the taxes.) Otherwise, the G6 is a standard sort of car. "

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/07/06 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
[b] We lost members over this thread?

Here's your first post in the thread...
http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001840;p=2#000022

Adam "keep it stock" S. is the member we lost. [/b]
Good work, Bobby. I stick by my first post. Since you did great work on that, want to find the post where Adam S. said he was leaving. It kinda sounds familiar. He was the guy who worked at the dealership, right?
Posted by: MULDIVEN

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/07/06 08:15 PM

i personally liked some of the Grand ams... but the G6 in my opinion is way overpriced for what it really is...a 6cyl version of the dodge neon... i was lookin at one 4 the wifey but later came down to just gettin a chevy malibu for her..

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/07/06 08:49 PM

x2

I want to see how we lost a member over a thread
Posted by: Kev-GTP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MULDIVEN:
i personally liked some of the Grand ams... but the G6 in my opinion is way overpriced for what it really is...a 6cyl version of the dodge neon...
eh I'm gonna have to disagree with ya muldiven...I love the g6...especially the coupe...and I wouldn't mind having on at all..

oh yeah and grand ams suck!! GPS RULE!!! YEAH!! devilgrin
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 02:05 AM

Haha, I just read this entire thread... and now I'm posting not because I have anything really to say, just so I can say I did! Having said that though, my stepsister has an older "ribbed" GA and it looks ridiculous. On the other side of things, I have seen some pretty good looking GA's too. It's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose...

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
x2

I want to see how we lost a member over a thread
read adam s's post on page 15. that is about where he started on his way out. Over the next couple of pages he just keep reiterating the same point over and over about how he thinks this thread is childish and whatnot. Just read a couple of pages after that. You will see how a member was lost due to a thread.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 04:40 AM

My wife likes the idea of the G6 GTP if only she can get it in the vert.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 08:27 AM

Quote:
Hell, I'll say it too, why2..
Adam, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!!!
lol Bobby. Did Adam leave or kill himself?

You're insensitive. cowboy
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 09:20 AM

Alright, all I'd like to know is: Why does the GA rate a cool T-shirt like this, and we don't? Just ain't right, I tell ya! mad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1999-...emZ280005545222

Although I suppose, one could argue that we are in a class by ourselves, and must have ours custom made! thumbsup

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 12:25 PM

quote:
^^^LOL at Jizz^^^
I have driven a GA....I have one and my GP. I've posted that a few times on here. To my point, every one has opinions on everything. Just because someone is a mechanic, doesn't mean we have to listen to them. I think Adam should stop and read some of his posts. When we post, we give our opinion on the matter. When he posts, he gives his opinion. So whats the deal Adam? As far as "hacking" up a car, it is called modding it. Why do we do it?...Cause we wanna...and we don't wanna be the same as the next guy. If we didn't do anything to our car, what would be the point of this forum? I bet Adam has "hacked" a car or two. Everyone is different on that subject and have different tastes to their liking. So if there is a problem with someone is doing a u-bend delete, or tinting their windows, or putting on a pulley, then maybe that person shouldn't be here. Just because the factory does it "their way", doesn't mean we can't change it up to the way we want. I HAVE TO SAY SO WHAT AND TOUGH CRAP. If you feel the way you do, then don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! angel

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/08/06 02:06 PM

very much so. LOL You guys are great

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/10/06 11:08 AM

Sweet Jesus! I thought I killed this topic on page 24 with my story in Savannah. Anyhoo, has anyone seen a GA cruisin at about 100-105? Freakin hilarious. The body cladding starts slapping the sheet metal and the fender skirts flare out a bit. Saw this about 2 weeks ago on US 70 eastbound from Las Cruces to home.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/10/06 12:36 PM

Well, shhhh, looks like I killed disucssion again. Hey, if yall need a topic killed, lemme know so I can post to it.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/10/06 10:02 PM

You cant kill this topic. Dont worry.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/10/06 11:18 PM

GP vs GA who will win..nobody knows....

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/11/06 01:14 AM

I think a moderator should lock the thread, then unlock it randomly at some later time.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/11/06 10:28 AM

What fun is that? Then we'd all think the funeral for this thread was final, then the thread comes back like something out of Michael Jackson's Thriller. Oh, GP WINS!

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/11/06 10:36 AM

guys were alomost to 400 posts on this thread, and GA suck laugh
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/11/06 10:37 AM

Will this topic ever die!?! banghead HAHA

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/11/06 03:15 PM

My co-worker's GA GT can eat my SE for breakfast and still have room for lunch. frown

Why did they even consider putting the 3100 in the GP?

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/11/06 03:42 PM

Because the 3100 did incredibly well in the relatively heavy 96 Beretta/Cavalier, so they figured that the GPSE wouldn't be much different. Relatively meaning for the engine. When comapred to the GP, the Beretta was a featherweight, coming in at:
GVW: 2,980#
FAW: 1,880#
RAW: 1,900#

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 07/11/06 10:12 PM

Yeah, but they had the 3400 available. Apparently it steps on the shoes of the 3800 too much.

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/24/06 09:55 AM

Hell they dont even make the GA anymore and teh G6 is ewww....but they still got the GP!!!
THE GRANDPRIX WINS!!!!!!
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/24/06 09:57 AM

lol

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/24/06 09:57 AM

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

devilgrin

Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix - 09/24/06 10:04 AM

May this thread rest in peace smile