Exhuast

Posted by: 1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi

Exhuast - 11/04/06 07:24 PM

Can I take an exhaust system from a 98 Camaro, with flowmaster 80s and use it on a 97 grand prix Gtp. yes this is an oddball question. Minor tweaking im sure, but I can get the whole thing for 150 bucks from a buddy of mine. Thanks dudes.
Posted by: crimpton

Re: Exhuast - 11/04/06 10:43 PM

I would imagine the only usable item would be the mufflers.... Camaro is RWD, so it has a driveline where our exhaust is. If you try installing the exhaust down the side, you will scrape it everywhere.

I wouldn't give him any more than $50. He can get more if he finds a Camaro owner.
Posted by: D

Re: Exhuast - 11/05/06 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
I would imagine the only usable item would be the mufflers.... Camaro is RWD, so it has a driveline where our exhaust is. If you try installing the exhaust down the side, you will scrape it everywhere.

I wouldn't give him any more than $50. He can get more if he finds a Camaro owner.
x2
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Exhuast - 11/05/06 07:03 AM

Besides aren't the muffs on a camaro stacked transversly behind the rear axle?

I'd offer $50 for the set cut the muffs off and toss the plumbing.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Exhuast - 11/05/06 09:58 AM

And aren't Camaro muffs 1 in/1 out on one side and 1 out on the other side?
Posted by: Igor

Re: Exhuast - 11/05/06 10:22 PM

Yes, there is a huge muffler in the back. And it wouldn't exactly be a minor tweak, half the exhaust system would have to be re-done. I'm not completely sure why you'd want to do that, though. It would be a huge waste of money.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Exhuast - 11/06/06 06:38 AM

Take a look under both cars they are not even remotely similar :rolleyes:
Posted by: Kansas GXP

Re: Exhuast - 11/06/06 08:58 AM

If the camaro was an SS then it wouldn't have that big ugly in @ out on one side, and out on the other side, like Austin was stating, but the exhaust would still be very different, and be a big waste of money. Just by new muffs yourself, and get them installed. It will save you money, and headaches.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Exhuast - 11/06/06 08:11 PM

Yeah... iirc, a member here named ordonez1307 had 1 FM50 mounted transversely on his GP but he hasn't been around here in awhile... maybe someone could get ahold of him however?

Regardless, I agree that it would take a great deal of fabrication and I'm not even sure that it would sound good on a GP.

confused