Fully built race tranny or bust!

Posted by: 4rsssfed_grandprix98

Fully built race tranny or bust! - 09/27/05 04:47 PM

So this is just an update for all the guys that gave me such good advice back when I was trying to decide where I wanted to go with my car. Things have been pretty crazy for me and I havnt been on in a while but that is another story and I'm here now...

So, here is the update....

On october 14th I am dropping my car off in Grand Rapids Michigan at the ZZP facility to have a ZZP HD tranny installed. Along with the tranny I will be adding a 245mm tourque converter, a modified flex plate, a 2500 stall converter, a single chain gear set with 3.29 gears, and a ZZP hardened output shaft. When everything is said and done the tranny should be able to make low 12 sec passes all day long and not break a sweat. After this (and I save some more money most likely around Nov.) I will be installing the XP hot cam, along with re-tuned PCM, larger injectors, new fuel pump, and a smaller pulley, and then finally after that, very early next year I will finish it with a set of togs. I am really happy with the progress I am making on my car, and owe a lot of thanks to all the guys here for not only their knowledge, but willingness to help. So, that is about it, all and all, I guess all I really want to say is

thanks

Oh yeah, I got internet and wireless hooked up at my house last night so I guess you could say I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaack
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: Fully built race tranny or bust! - 09/27/05 05:35 PM

Congrats.

We noticed you had been gone for a while.

Good luck with the car. You should get a dyno run in before you take it to ZZP.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Fully built race tranny or bust! - 09/27/05 05:57 PM

thumbsup
Posted by: bryanp

Re: Fully built race tranny or bust! - 09/27/05 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4rsssfed_grandprix98:
So this is just an update for all the guys that gave me such good advice back when I was trying to decide where I wanted to go with my car. Things have been pretty crazy for me and I havnt been on in a while but that is another story and I'm here now...

So, here is the update....

On october 14th I am dropping my car off in Grand Rapids Michigan at the ZZP facility to have a ZZP HD tranny installed. Along with the tranny I will be adding a 245mm tourque converter, a modified flex plate, a 2500 stall converter, a single chain gear set with 3.29 gears, and a ZZP hardened output shaft. When everything is said and done the tranny should be able to make low 12 sec passes all day long and not break a sweat. After this (and I save some more money most likely around Nov.) I will be installing the XP hot cam, along with re-tuned PCM, larger injectors, new fuel pump, and a smaller pulley, and then finally after that, very early next year I will finish it with a set of togs. I am really happy with the progress I am making on my car, and owe a lot of thanks to all the guys here for not only their knowledge, but willingness to help. So, that is about it, all and all, I guess all I really want to say is

thanks

Oh yeah, I got internet and wireless hooked up at my house last night so I guess you could say I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaack
And that my friends, is how its done, Grand Prix style. cheers

I only hope my game plan works out like that.
Posted by: framos242

Re: Fully built race tranny or bust! - 09/28/05 10:17 AM

That sounds awesome!

Zoomer will take care of you.

Think we'll need some before and after footage. wink
Posted by: ScottGTP

Re: Fully built race tranny or bust! - 09/28/05 07:53 PM

Wow, that's a dream I have for my ride. Don't we have performance tranny's a stock?
Posted by: Chico

Re: Fully built race tranny or bust! - 09/28/05 11:04 PM

Sounds like you got it goin on guy ,good choices with the trans. now you can lay down some serious HP.Chico.