New Alt.

Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

New Alt. - 05/21/07 01:52 PM

For the past few days I've noticed a HUGE loss in performance, and wierd electrical things happening. Two days ago I was getting on the freeway and my dash lit up like a bunch of christmas lights! Pulled over, had no power anything! Turned off the car and wouldnt start up, popped the hood and the ALT was CHARRED! Put in a new one and all of a sudden everything runs perfect again, I belive I've been running on just my BATT for the past few days. But shes all good now laugh
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: New Alt. - 05/21/07 01:55 PM

Good to hear... My alternator of a couple months did that to me last week... Wasn't a pretty sight being stuck on the freeway during rush hour. Sure is nice to have friends that can deliver parts/tools in a pinch. cool
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: New Alt. - 05/21/07 02:19 PM

it always feels good to have the car at 100% again!
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: New Alt. - 05/21/07 02:27 PM

ifit,
If you haven't already done so, get that battery charged up and checked out; sometimes the electrical gremlins don't stop at the alternator.. wink

Re: New Alt. - 05/21/07 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blackarrow98gp:
ifit,
If you haven't already done so, get that battery charged up and checked out; sometimes the electrical gremlins don't stop at the alternator.. wink
Yup, already had the batt checked just to make sure. Didnt wanna get stranded again.
Posted by: snowrider900

Re: New Alt. - 05/21/07 11:16 PM

That just happened to me although i never got as far as getting stranded, went 4 days on just the bat, but i only live 6 miles from work, was able to drive to the parts store and then put the alt on...so i got lucky, Very lucky!
Posted by: snowrider900

Re: New Alt. - 05/21/07 11:17 PM

post ammend...I did see my battery light come on, did yours come on?

Re: New Alt. - 05/21/07 11:37 PM

mine came on about 2 miles before I broke down, a Voltage gauge would help out! Ill put one in, but yeah, I know I was running for a few days on just the BATT.