What do you think about this price?

Posted by: Hansen23

What do you think about this price? - 11/25/09 12:00 AM

Someone hit my front bumper last spring and it cracked under my driver side fog light. well today i went to Abra to get an estimate heres what they said: Front bumper $308.00, repl. Emblem $49.32. so with body labor, paint labor, paint supplies and parts its going to be $1092.48! What do you guys think? Ill post pictures tomorrow.
Posted by: 01GTshaner

Re: What do you think about this price? - 11/25/09 02:30 AM

Just buy a new bumper cover man , in your cars colour and be done
Posted by: ChrisGT

Re: What do you think about this price? - 11/25/09 04:24 AM

Ok ill tell your right now you can swap the bumper yourself quite easily. What body work? If the only thing that is damaged is the bumper then what body work? Honestly you can get an SD airdam for a couple hundred and it covers that right up. Idk that price is redic
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: What do you think about this price? - 11/25/09 07:19 AM

From what I've seen now a days a grand to replace and paint a panel is a grand. But yes the price is redicoulus. I'd do like Chris suggested. Get the SD airdam and use it as a "band aid".
Posted by: Igor

Re: What do you think about this price? - 11/25/09 11:10 AM

Whoa! 1092 for a bumper? Thats a rip-off. Go elsewhere.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: What do you think about this price? - 11/25/09 03:06 PM

No, thats crazy. There is a shop where I had my friends car repainted and there happen to be a 2006-2008 BMW five series there and to get the front bumper repainted was a little over 300.00 dollars and I had my front bumper redid because of my accident back in 2007 and it still looks good.

Go to different shops and don't just settle for the first one you see.
Posted by: Hansen23

Re: What do you think about this price? - 11/26/09 01:28 AM

Thanks for the comments im going to go to another shop tomorrow annd see what they come up with.
Posted by: ChiTownHitta90

Re: What do you think about this price? - 11/26/09 04:27 AM

Im in the same situation as you. my front bumper is in horrible shape with a hige crack on the driver side. i went an got an estimate and it was crazy so im waiting to jsut find a new bumper. it should be easy for you since your car is black. lucky me my car is bronzemist mad
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: What do you think about this price? - 12/02/09 12:05 AM

You should probably just buy an SD lip with GT/GTP rear bumper/side skirts for that G note