palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2*

Posted by: palsut

palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/16/09 09:07 PM

I figure it should stay this topic for rest of year than post few thread starter.

Some of you already know I got new 18" wheel and new dual exhaust tips last month. *see sig if you haven't seen it yet*

It is getting slowing processing. I installed them today.

1. install fuse cover with silver + plug
2. install silver engine Mount with dog bone
3. install silver custom braces with black "grand prix" decal. Thought about silver stock brace but I actually like custom brace much better.
4. install silver Driver Center Info.
5. install gauge cover with black "grand prix" decal (look awesome!)

stock braces vs. custom braces

silver vs. black engine mount & dog bone

new look (will paint engine mount bolt black soon)

Driver Info Center

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/16/09 09:09 PM

silver gauge with grand prix decal. This is best looking I ever seen in my car!

Window bezel but will not install them. Someday later.

Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/16/09 09:57 PM

We both have GP on the side braces now laugh

Looks good but im not a fan of the metal looking dash.

Nice job all around.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/16/09 10:09 PM

LOVE the diagonal braces. I would suggest cutting the GP using CNC, but VERY sharp.

I dont care for the DIC trim, but the cluster is rather nice.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 12:07 AM

Thank guys. I don't like polish metal gauge cover. So I have it paint as galaxy silver. It is actually much better than chrome or polish whatever is that. I was moron that I'm carrying cluster upside down. I thought the speed needle thing will stuck as the car park. When I put it on table and saw speed limit is 115. I just like what the heck? lol Speed check, rpm check, gas full check and temp guage is normal as usually so everything is good. Big whew moment. wink I thought it was nice looking when I add "grand prix" for like special editon or limited editon (can't remember which one) cluster.

It is not over yet. I already have shift area with cup holder, smoking tray and air vent paint as galaxy silver. It is sitting on living room so not plan install them because I will have a new black carpet install someday after body work first. Also, I have door light tint too.

Rick: What is CNC? Never knew that short word.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 03:39 AM

CNC is an acronym for "Computer Numerical Control" which basically means a computer controlled milling machine that most likely uses CAD programs to convert a design into three dimensional finished piece. Your buddy Jason uses just such a setup to produce those way cool grilles.
What Rick refers to is just having the lettering "grand prix" actually machined into the fender brace as opposed to painted on.

All that aside, nice looking mods thumbsup
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 03:44 AM

those engine mounts... are they painted silver or powdercoated? they look nice.
Posted by: Chico

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 08:14 AM

I like what you've done so far but you need to do some painting and polishing to the engine!also for a stabilizer you need a cutom one to match the diagonal braces.Chico(pops)
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 09:25 AM

gosh it dont matter how good it looks, its still a 3.1 lol jp palsut
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 09:31 AM

Make that 3.1 shiney. Start polishing everything:D
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 09:48 AM

at least put an intake on
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 10:13 AM

Looks good palsut; while you're at it, fix the rust on the front header panel seam next to the radiator air baffles. hammer

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 10:15 AM

Palsut it is looking good:D I wish I had the money and time to do what you do.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 01:50 PM

Oh yeah... if you polished that intake manifold it would look sweet! It would be a rediculous amount of labor, though. But that is something the n/a 3.8's couldn't do.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
Oh yeah... if you polished that intake manifold it would look sweet! It would be a rediculous amount of labor, though. But that is something the n/a 3.8's couldn't do.
for sure! It's really dull as it is right now, I think that would really tie the bay together very well. The only other option is a nice shiny supercharger. wink
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 06:03 PM

Palsut buy a new intake and send it to one of the guys that polishes M90 cases. That thing would look sweet and no one could bag on your motor anymore.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 05/17/09 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
CNC is an acronym for "Computer Numerical Control" which basically means a computer controlled milling machine that most likely uses CAD programs to convert a design into three dimensional finished piece. Your buddy Jason uses just such a setup to produce those way cool grilles.
What Rick refers to is just having the lettering "grand prix" actually machined into the fender brace as opposed to painted on.

All that aside, nice looking mods thumbsup
Oh yeah. I know what you mean. Thanks for explain about that. I just never knew "short" word. It will be look great for sure. Maybe someday if my new decal thing didn't work out. Thank you.

Quote:
those engine mounts... are they painted silver or powdercoated? they look nice.
It is really galaxy silver paint from FLIP. Thank again.

Quote:
I like what you've done so far but you need to do some painting and polishing to the engine!also for a stabilizer you need a cutom one to match the diagonal braces.Chico(pops)
Thank you. Yeah, my engine need some work. I actually thinking about use powdercoat but polish thing might be great idea. I'm torn between of them. I'm not sure which one it will last longer?

There is powedercoat engine as example. My plan is silver.

I'm believe you are talking about strut bar? I actually have GM STB but I need to paint silver to complete the look.

grandprixalpine: maybe I might polish them if it is good.

4drgt: lol oh yeah new intake will be on this list too.

Quote:
Looks good palsut; while you're at it, fix the rust on the front header panel seam next to the radiator air baffles.
Yeah I noticed that too many times when I opened the hood. frown Maybe I will ask FLIP if he can fix it for me when I bring her in his house for major body work.

Quote:
Palsut it is looking good:D I wish I had the money and time to do what you do
Thank you. No car payment (summer car only) is really easy. Working overtime past 2 months help too. wink

For guys who says polish intake manifold. I'm thinking try it out. Like I said powdercoating or polish is tough decision for me. Polish is good because they are silver too. laugh I know my engine is look crap. That's why I'm planning get them work on for podwercoat or polish them. I will ask that guy who polish supercharger engine. So I really need buy new intake maniford because mine is really dirty? (previous owner). I don't mind strip it out and ship it out for whoever willing help me because I have other car to drive.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/05/09 04:20 PM

Alright some of you already knew I blew the lower intake gasket. I torn engine off on May 25th. I never told everyone until today. lol

Alright there are some goodies....

summer car update

all polish caps but 2 coolant problems. It is too big to fit. I return it back and they will ship me right size soon.

wiper cap

steering wheel cap

brake fluid cap

Full shot... nice wiper cap shine

Got black coolant tank from BLEWGTP

Silver dipsticks

Install dipsticks & black coolant tank on my car. It will look sweet when polish cap on that coolant tank. Still waiting for that.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/05/09 04:23 PM

Now for winter car update

silver grille vs. black grille

full shot

I'm planning to get honeycomb lower grille but still haven't heard from EJ custom since then. Oh yeah need new headlight with clear corner. Mine is suck.

of course new tint tail too wink

While I'm looking at decal for SE rear bumper. It was impossible to find that decal. My plan was get black decal on my front plate cover letter, rear bumper and black arrowhead for winter car only.

That's all for now. I never have time to get engine back together. I have been working LOT including Saturday work too. Sometimes Sunday get some raining. Someday, I will get her fire it up after put new metal gasket on it so I won't get deal other problem again. I could take it to dealership but it will cost me $1000 including labor. I just like forget it and decide try my 1st engine work. It was interesting work but looooong work. I keep patient and take it easy.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/05/09 04:41 PM

Looks awesome palsut, now do a power wash on the engine bay, Also paint the UIM flat black laugh

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/05/09 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
Now for winter car update

silver grille vs. black grille

full shot

I'm planning to get honeycomb lower grille but still haven't heard from EJ custom since then. Oh yeah need new headlight with clear corner. Mine is suck.

of course new tint tail too wink

While I'm looking at decal for SE rear bumper. It was impossible to find that decal. My plan was get black decal on my front plate cover letter, rear bumper and black arrowhead for winter car only.

That's all for now. I never have time to get engine back together. I have been working LOT including Saturday work too. Sometimes Sunday get some raining. Someday, I will get her fire it up after put new metal gasket on it so I won't get deal other problem again. I could take it to dealership but it will cost me $1000 including labor. I just like forget it and decide try my 1st engine work. It was interesting work but looooong work. I keep patient and take it easy.
Palsut I admire your car even though its 3100. It almost looks like your engine bay came that way:D Nice job!

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/05/09 07:14 PM

jorgs_7: Yes, that's my plan to clean them when I get everything back together. Flat black? Nah. I kind like powdercoating or polish either. Next year. wink

Thank grandprixalpine. The engine is getting look much better. Can't wait to put it back together and fire her up soon if I have free time to work on it.
Posted by: Lino

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/05/09 10:08 PM

That looks good man thumbsup
Posted by: NovaSS369

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/06/09 04:47 PM

i love how your winter car still looks nicer than mine hahah love it man

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/19/09 05:51 PM

Thanks Lino & NovaSS369.

Alright I got some goodies installed on my baby car. Sadly, it still cannot driving yet since May 25th. Make me miss to drive but I will keep patient. frown

Got right size coolant tank from mail yesterday. I drop radiator cover thing. It is not worth it because it is barely notice. Of course they never work on SE radiator cap before. No big deal.

Install black arrowhead... It was replaced out of factory Pontiac arrowhead out. Just want try something new than decal on the factory arrowhead. It does look great!

Install roof rail

stock roof rail vs. daytona/40th/special edition roof rail. Yeah that's me holding tripod for roof shot lol

There is my current engine look right now. Just work on it little bit this morning. Too tired and need a "smoking" break... which I never smoke lol

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/19/09 06:18 PM

heres what my silver decal looks like, i do like your black decal though.

With your look Palsut I would say the silver badge would have gone better.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/20/09 03:11 AM

You know, Palsut, we may give you crap about having a slow 3100 engine, but deep down, it's because while your car may be slower, we know that it puts most of ours to shame when it comes to appearance. wink Looks awesome, man.

And you holding the tripod for the roof shot made me laugh. lol
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/20/09 07:46 AM

looks real good patrick! Why dont you have the 18's on the car?

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/20/09 12:05 PM

Ben, yeah I saw your silver arrowhead. Since my car is black/silver theme. I figure black theme will look better like match black letter, and roof rail. I'm thinking maybe paint lower front bumper as black but still undecide about that. I want to keep rear bumper silver with black letter. I will worry about that later. Engine come first for now.

Acefighter: Thanks man. Yeah, I sound like retard to hold that up but hey it work. I have nice roof area pictures. wink

Tim: It is on my living room. My car never move since May 25th. I don't want my 18" wheel get dirty so I put old wheel back.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/20/09 03:32 PM

Quote:

Tim: It is on my living room. My car never move since May 25th. I don't want my 18" wheel get dirty so I put old wheel back.
lol. You need help, dude.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/20/09 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
[b]

lol. You need help, dude. [/b]
On May 25th, I removed valve covers, upper intake manifold, air box, coil pack, alt, coolant line, unhook the wires crap, and some random parts.

After May 25th, busy busy busy busy....

Finally, Day 2 working on the engine yesterday first time since May 25th. Yesterday, I removed steering wheel pump, fuel line, remove 6 bolts out of lower intake manifold. I need buy small 10mm socket to get 2 bolts out of lower intake manifold. I can't find small one. I guess I lost it or it might somewhere in my car trunk "buried" between backseat and trunk area. I decide stop and start roof rail & black arrowhead project. Believe me I'm fine. Just no time to work during working 40-60 hours including Saturday work. All I need help for remove the pushrod but I haven't gone yet. Still need find 10mm socket first.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/31/09 09:44 PM

Since I'm on 1 week vacation this week. It is my final day for my vacation today. Bummer... So I decide to working on interior project.

From what I did... I removed the old carpet out.

I cut the bigger hole for new fold down backseat.

I placed the new carpet on top of my old carpet for easy cut.

Install new black carpet with new floor mats

Install the new leather door panel with silver window bezel & tint door light (mine don't come with light)

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/31/09 09:46 PM

Test the door piller where carpet tuck in as example (didn't install it anyway) Look good.

What my car look like with door closed.

Install dashboard cover (yes need paint it someday), shift area cover and smoking tray

Strut bar. I was planning install the trunk area but I can't find Don Rome's important paper info. Gotta find it somewhere in filing cabinet.

I actually plan have dashboard (big one) and door panels dye as black. What do you think right now in this pictures? Leave it alone or just dye it black as silver/black theme? The door piller will paint as galaxy silver someday later. I would say this interior project is about 80% finish. Gosh it is feel good to have everything back together. My car have driver seat only since Fall season. Kind like drag car with weight loss lol

So interior look great but shame it is not driving yet. In 3 days, it was raining so I can't working on it. So far I spend 1 day on the engine. I removed lower intake manifold, fuel line, and random parts block that way. Engine look clean for 106K mileage. I always change oil every 3000 mileage. Not bad.

Hopefully, I will install it back this weekend if weather is good. Nothing much exciting for the engine. Just a normal blown 3100 gasket repair job.

So what you think of new interior look? I like it very much. Some neighbors are trying take a peek inside of my car for what I'm doing inside :rolleyes: lol

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 07/31/09 11:33 PM

Palsut, Your car is gonna look beast!

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/01/09 04:24 PM

Thank jorgs_7

I put some goodies on my car today.

Install lower steering wheel (under steering wheel piece) & money tray (on shift cover)

What my new backseat look like with new cut hole. Not bad. Much better than old seat have tiny space. It should help for load the bigger item. Maybe spare front or rear bumper? lol

The trunk area is 100% completed. I know you will disagree with that because I need cool loud music box but duh I'm deaf lol... I would like have trunk liner but they don't make it anymore. W-body store actually have one for like 2 weeks then it is gone? Way short to sell and gone again lol... Oh I have trunk mat cover but I'm not going to put it on because I have engine parts in the boxes so I will put it back after engine install back. I kind want black mat carpet cover but I'm glad it is same stock carpet because it will match my backseat color. Not bad. See example of my trunk mat cover on my winter car last year.

Install Strut Tower Brace with Don Rome's bracket. I also cut small hole on trunk carpet. Then I slide the STB inside the carpet first then I put the bolt in. It does look good.

That's was my orignal plan from someone's car picture. Got black carpet already. So far 3 more left for paint big shift area, dashboard cover & door pillar as galaxy silver that will look good on black carpet. After I installed everything yesterday. It keep me change my mind about dashboard and door panel as black in my original plan. My dad think it look great and leave it alone like 2 tone color between black carpet and dashboard color. What do you think?
Posted by: macus1305

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/01/09 09:59 PM

looks great!! where did u get the carpets??

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/01/09 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by macus1305:
looks great!! where did u get the carpets??
Thank you. Blackarrow gave me that link last year. It is still on the bookmark since last year. I don't need it anymore on my bookmark for now lol

http://www.auto-interior.com/pontiac12.htm#about

Mine is 801 Black. The floor mat that I brought from pfyc.com. The black color is surprise match. The picture look like it show white letter but it is really silver letter.

It wasn't bad install job as it is my 1st time yesterday. I took some time and patient to make it go smooth. I'm really glad I did that. wink
Posted by: Igor

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/02/09 08:04 AM

Looks good man! Coming along really well.
Posted by: andrew383

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/02/09 09:03 AM

lookin good palsut

you should take your mainfolds down to milzy so he can port them and then put a 3400 throttle body on it laugh
milzy is higher than the WOT manifold set tho :p

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/02/09 07:21 PM

Thanks Igor & Andrew383.

I wish but I have no $$$ for that. I would like to make engine look neat but I use lot of simple green to clean the engine off. It look much better than my dirty engine. I will try put it together this weekend. I didn't do that yesterday and today. I just want to have a final good rest before I'm going back to work tomorrow. Not looking forward that to back work after 10 days vacation lol

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 09:45 AM

you gonna paint the upper manifold?
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 04:02 PM

Nice, I wish I could do all of that. Have to wait until I pay my car off first.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 04:12 PM

I like those seats down... would work good for a subwoofer setup...

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 06:41 PM

i think palsut forgot to post a pic of something he got polished ...... hhmmmmmmm? lol

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 10:43 PM

Quote:
you gonna paint the upper manifold?
No. I told you all my engine parts is stay the way as it is. No powedercoating or polish. I wish but I'm currently fixing the blown gasket. Like I say I have no cash for that. Someday in 2010 or 2011.

Quote:
Nice, I wish I could do all of that. Have to wait until I pay my car off first.
That's why I'm waiting for my car pay off first. After zero payment on that car then time torn her off and make new project. If I did that in middle of car payment then I don't want bank take all the stuffs like aftermarket spoiler, hood and etc. stuffs. That's why I have to wait. You are smart to wait until pay off wink

Quote:
I like those seats down... would work good for a subwoofer setup...
I like it very much. Way much better than like 2 feet in old seat fold down. Kind stupid lol

Quote:
i think palsut forgot to post a pic of something he got polished ...... hhmmmmmmm?
you again? lol again NO POLISH parts on my engine. It is for metal gasket repair job only. No goodies on my engine.

I will work on my engine at my boss house garage. I'm working on that engine during hot sunny is really kill me. My boss will let me use his garage and finish it off on Saturday and Sunday. That's really nice of him. He knew I miss my car so he let me finish it off this or next weekend lol

That car was tow like 2 hours ago.

He says my car is very dirty so he will wash it for me tomorrow morning. Cool boss ever! laugh

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 11:16 PM

i thought you sent your manifolds to Ben at WOT?

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 11:45 PM

No, I met him for get metal gasket only. He is nice guy. He has many 3100 engines in his garage. lol

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/03/09 11:57 PM

ya he does alot for the 60V6 guys.Ive been wanting to get the ported manifolds for a while but i just settled for a 3400 TB lol
im tryin to find 3400 mani's rite now to shave and powder coat but Ben buys all of them :rolleyes: .

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/04/09 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by andrew383:
ya he does alot for the 60V6 guys.Ive been wanting to get the ported manifolds for a while but i just settled for a 3400 TB lol
im tryin to find 3400 mani's rite now to shave and powder coat but Ben buys all of them :rolleyes: .
3400 engine which it is from grand am? Also I saw 2002 Chevy Monto Carlo have 3400 engine at junk yard few weeks ago. Not sure it is still around but it is really look neat. This car was wrecked. Maybe I might help you if you like to get that.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/04/09 08:42 AM

thanks for the offer but im going to head to the junk yard today to find some laugh

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/15/09 10:30 PM

My car was sitting since May 24th. The engine is finally fire up TODAY. Boy, it was good feel to drive my car today. It was worth to wait.

What my car is doing in garage? what heck is that on engine? hmmm.... lol

Lot of nice GM cars around.

Ready to get out of there!

Hit the road

yawn... do you think it is over? Let see... Should I pop my hood? Yes? Ok... let me pop my hood.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/15/09 10:31 PM

stock engine look vs. polish engine look

Alright there is update about my "fake blown gasket" engine problem. GR8racingfool (gpona) and I have been hide it since early May. The polish parts took 2 months for that but it was worth to wait. My car is really fine. No engine problem lol

I want to thank Milzy Motorsport to hook me up for everything for 3100 engine.

Milzy installed lower/upper intake gaskets, cold air intake with pcm tray, billet throttlebody, modified heater tube, and pcm tune.

Wow, that car is really good. Very smooth drive and little fast but of course I don't race lol

Thank to GR8racingfool (gpona) for polish the engine look. It is very awesome. I don't feel like to close the hood anymore. All I want to stare it lol

After I arrived to home from Milzy. I install STB with Don Rome brackets.

Tomorrow morning, I will put my 18" wheel back and ready to cruise around. wink

So what you think of my new engine look?

I think I can finally beat Andrew383. lol

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/15/09 10:52 PM

cheers

That is the best looking 3100 Ive ever seen dood!

Nice job man, friggin sweet.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 12:26 AM

Looks good Paslut!
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 01:32 AM

You faked your blown head gasket. holy crap. that is sweet.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 04:55 AM

best looking 3100 I've seen...might be pain to keep clean but it still looks awesome.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 05:36 AM

Dude, not cool. I saw "engine fire" in the thread topic and thought your car decided to cook itself like so many others. NOT COOL. lol

Otherwise, that's one BA 3100. Very nice. thumbsup
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 11:25 AM

I knew the mod bug would sink its teeth into that engine sooner or later... lol Lookin' good palsut! thumbsup thumbsup

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 03:18 PM

wow I just saw this.... very nice looking!

i'm also polishing my M90 (L67-rx7 project) and getting a pair of polished aluminum valve covers.
i may go apeshit and polish everything.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 05:51 PM

How much did Farns charge to polish all that? Looks good!

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 11:22 PM

Quote:
You faked your blown head gasket. holy crap. that is sweet.
lol yeah so I don't want everyone know. I hope I don't have real blown gasket anytime soon. *knock on wood*

Quote:
best looking 3100 I've seen...might be pain to keep clean but it still looks awesome.
Thanks. I'm cleaning freak so I love that job. No pain in the butt for me.

Quote:
Dude, not cool. I saw "engine fire" in the thread topic and thought your car decided to cook itself like so many others. NOT COOL.
lol I actually mean engine start up. Remember 3100 engine never got any fire problem. Sadly, yeah 3800 engine fire thing still going on often. That's suck. At least you all guys know what to fix before it is too late.

Quote:
wow I just saw this.... very nice looking!

i'm also polishing my M90 (L67-rx7 project) and getting a pair of polished aluminum valve covers.
i may go apeshit and polish everything.
Thank you. Oh yeah it is going look great on supercharger blower. Milzy Motorsport actually have 3800 engine too. I saw polish blower like Chico's engine. Man, it was very sweet. Mine and other guy's polish engine (Chevy Impala) in garage look awesome.

Quote:
How much did Farns charge to polish all that? Looks good!
It was on May that I gave him a money. I believe it is $250. Gotta look at paypal history but I'm 99.9% sure it is really $250 for all. Oh yeah plus shipping for return it back to me.

lol I already told blackarrow98gp in pm about polish parts. He knew like few weeks ago. I feel bad that he gave me lot of info about "fake" blown gasket. lol Sorry man but thank for great tip. It is actually help for remove job.

Thanks guys. I can't believe it is look great. You know my original plan was powercoating them as silver. I saw example of powdercoating silver. Kind dull so I'm glad I didn't go for it. Polish is good to go. I took Chico, Hercman and some guys's advice about polish idea. So thank you for great idea. It came great! I'm sure I'm only one person have 3100 engine polish look on grand prix.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't post lower intake manifold. Got them new and powdercoating as black chrome.

Old look

Polish upper intake manifold & valve covers

Damn too shiny. 1st my car paint is too shiny. Now, I have other new shiny engine. I guess I need wear lot of sunglasses. lol

Oh yeah this car need 18" wheel back. I just put it this morning.

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 11:24 PM

Since I got a new grand prix shirt.

Front

Rear

In same location area but different year.

May 7, 2006

August 16, 2009
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 11:42 PM

car looks real good, now all you need is sideskirts and an SD lip.
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/16/09 11:51 PM

Palsut, a nice shiney turbo would look good in there too...
Posted by: ChiTownHitta90

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/17/09 03:03 AM

looks amazing man but im sorry but having a 3.1 in there is still killing me!! turbo or supercharger please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/17/09 07:49 AM

seriously guys, every thread patrick makes, theres always a comment about a swap, just drop it already... :rolleyes:

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/17/09 10:03 AM

Quote:
car looks real good, now all you need is sideskirts and an SD lip.
I have sideskirts with lower door molding & SD front air dam already. wink It will be next year. My 2009 original plan was body work but FLIP (gpona) has broken arm so he can't work everything. I would understand and let him rest first. He is getting better now but I decide do that next year anyway. I switch engine project to this year (it was supposed 2010). The appearance look will be next year.

Shiny turbo look nice but again I'm not racing.

The future appearance look (2010)
SD Front air Dam
Sideskirt with lower door molding
shave trunk keyhole
shave door molding (door ding)
mold the front plate as smooth look
fix some random scratches

In 2011 project
lower spring
struts (not which one)
f-body brake kit
gmpp sway bar kit (if it is around)

2 more years left then my car will be official finish. Oh 2009 project is OVER. I'm really happy 2008 & 2009 project plan are completed. As you see 2006 vs. 2009 pictures. This car has come long way.

Thank Tim. I kind knew it will other swap comment again. Polish is cheapest than swap so why not. Plus, I'm not racing. I'm big appearance look guy. Everyone like it, including neighbors as well too. When I pop the hood and some neighbor came to my engine to take a look and gave me a thumb up (since they knew I'm deaf so we use body language) lol

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/17/09 12:29 PM

awesome man!!! i was wonderin when you were going to post these pic's lol

time to make another speedo vid to compair to the other one laugh
Posted by: Igor

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/17/09 12:59 PM

That's awesome. I want a shirt like that!
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/17/09 01:43 PM

lol, I was just going to say now people can't give you crap about the 3100, but they already have. :rolleyes:

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/17/09 11:34 PM

Customizing a car is all about building what YOU want not what everyone else thinks it should be ,you've done a nice job with bolt on parts and the polished engine parts certainly help the underhood look ,and I know you say in every post you do'nt race but just for the cool factor a turbo would put you on the map and really not that difficult if you can get someone to tune for you ,if you decide to go this route I will gladly help you make up the crossover and DP .Chico(pops)

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 08/18/09 12:02 PM

andrew383: Thank you. I don't think I will beat you because I installed 18" wheel and interior back. So my car is "fat" now lol. wink

I got that shirt from reflectiveconcepts.com. I use it for car show or grandprix meeting so they can know that is me since I'm deaf.

Zalfrin: lol I know that. So far only TWO people (1 from here and 1 from clubgp) said swap them. The turbo thing which it is different story that not swap them. When I'm at Milzy Motorsport garage. There are 3400 engine with turbo on it. Pretty cool but like I mentioned I'm not racing.

Chico: Thank you. I will think about that. I just got car back few days ago so it might take while to see if I'm going to turbo or not. I guess I will see what future for me ahead. wink

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 11/02/09 11:58 AM

Just installed dashboard cover which of course some of you already seen on someone's car before. I think mine is different because I have gauge cover as silver with black grand prix decal.

Next year... it will paint black with silver honeycomb grille. I will figure it out how to make it work later. They fit very nice. You probably saw some gap because I didn't install it. Just example to test. Pass side grille fit perfect. Driver side grille have tiny gap on top but not that bad than other person's car.

That's it. I'm done for 2009 project. The plan is really good like I hope.

Want to thank for all gp members for great help. wink

See ya next year. laugh

Re: palsut's car 2009 project (56K) *update 11/2* - 11/02/09 12:36 PM

You need to get a rearview mirror w/ temp and direction on it or something, I think that would top the look:D I love it palsut.