Mods on

Posted by: 20gtp02

Mods on - 04/20/07 07:47 PM

Ported my TB with the help of a friend.
TB

Installed the RED poly motor mounts. (what a pain to get the old ones out and the brackets installed back on with the new ones). Basically I can say it starts up rough and shuts down rough. And at idle in D feel some vibration, but I think it will make a diff off the line. I would say its like using cement to fill a hole around a post for a fence instead of using just dirt. That is my opinion on the mounts. I also installed the alt rewire, took 5 mins. And I am getting the KYB GR2s this coming week. Hopefully put my new impact wrench kit to use!! And enjoy the new ride. So I will have some 61,550 mi struts forsale soon!
Posted by: theone2043

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 07:52 PM

did u get the offset ones? or the reg ones? do you notice anything besides the rough start up and down as well as the vibrations are they the whole time you drive?

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 08:02 PM

Just regular. Say idle at a light in D you can feel in in the accelerator. Sort of feels like the whole car got stiffer. Can't really feel them while cruising. I was on the highway and felt it some while getting up to speed from the on ramp. Definitely makes the car feel more solid.

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 08:39 PM

hmm i wounder whats it like with the offset

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 08:42 PM

Not sure what the offset do. ZZP doesn't have that explained. Another reason I didn't get those.

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 08:58 PM

yea they did

Offset mounts Hold the engine forward, which has a few benefits.

Better oil pickup during drag racing
Removes vibration caused from lowering the car
Better axle alignment for less HP loss through the shafts
Increased weight on the front tires for better launching
Added clearance to sway bar for header and downpipe installs

im bout to pick them up

since you think it makes it stiffer does the shifting improve do you know

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 09:02 PM

Not sure about the shifting, I actually had some issues with the shift lagging last night. But not sure what that was. Ported the TB and was tuning, so I kinda had alot going on.

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 09:26 PM

hmmm i think im gonna give it a try i still got to replace the vavle cover gasket so yea... i dont know ...

Re: Mods on - 04/20/07 09:30 PM

i saw on wbody they have shorter dog bones not sure if they work for the offset or what not kinda neat i think
Posted by: Chico

Re: Mods on - 04/21/07 02:10 AM

Nice job on the TB porting ,did you change the size of the throttle plate ? Chico.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Mods on - 04/21/07 11:00 AM

i thought that those were suposto help with the shift firmness or something because of how it sat and what not.... i could be wrong?
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Mods on - 04/22/07 06:18 PM

mine helped with shift firmness a little bit. but there really isnt that great of a difference

Re: Mods on - 04/22/07 06:31 PM

No, I just did a little cleaning on the plate. I almost screwed it up by ported around the plate, but I just cleaned it up, I am glad I didn't go to far, or I would of messed the fit up. My idle is high, still trying to get it back to normal, get a SES code for High Idle. cleared it and disconnected the battery over night. Worked for a day, but it came back. Hopefully check it out tonight. Worst thing is, after a week, I still have numbness in my index finger and thumb. Already got an offer to do someone elses in a local club, but he needs precision from 65mm to 68mm. May not try that one!! Lol!
Posted by: gteisele

Re: Mods on - 04/22/07 06:33 PM

i just ordered the 65-68 through zzp its only 180 and i dont think it would be worth messing it up doing it yourself....nice job on urs though

Re: Mods on - 04/22/07 09:16 PM

If anything I would buy one, but I wanted to keep the stock look, even though my sig is a little aftermarket looking, LOL. But I'll see how I do with this one.

Re: Mods on - 04/23/07 10:09 AM

let me know how it performs i should be getting my 68 mm any time soon i will do the same

Re: Mods on - 04/23/07 09:05 PM

Got the Struts Today. Won't go on till Tuesday I think. Having trouble with idle. Have a leak or something somewhere since the TB port. When I took off the IAC the two screws that hold it on, one of the heads spun right off the threads. I was using a hand held screw drive with the tamper proof star key. My super human strength broke it. Damn lock tite. That could be my problem. I was heading home from a birthday dinner, and braking before turning up the drive way and my rpms rolled up to 2500. Car went devil on me.

Re: Mods on - 04/23/07 09:11 PM

i hate the devil....too much elbow grease haha

Re: Mods on - 04/23/07 11:35 PM

Tried tracking it down to night. Not quite sure, but going to drill out that devil screw and see if that helps. I can move the IAC with just one screw, so air definitely could seep in. I also replaced the gasket, but it may not have seated well when I bolted the TB back on. I am going to buy another damn gasket tomorrow.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Mods on - 04/23/07 11:36 PM

yeah, i didnt have to, but maybe try some RTV on the TB where it meets the blower?

Re: Mods on - 04/23/07 11:48 PM

Yah they only have it on one side of the gasket.