cai for sale?

Posted by: BLEWGTP

cai for sale? - 06/06/07 08:34 PM

is anyone selling a cai or nice fwi? i tried making my own twice and both times was very dissapointed in the result...please help!
thanks guys!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: cai for sale? - 06/06/07 08:45 PM

Chico may still have this:

FWI
Posted by: UMfan

Re: cai for sale? - 06/07/07 10:27 AM

I have a Thrasher CAI box that I am willing to sell. I bought it for $75 (just the box, not the K&N). I have decided to go FWI instead.

It's a regular Thrasher box, with some reflectix wrapped around the bottom (black part) of it. I got it used from a guy on club GP.

I'd ask $75 and I'll pay shipping. I don't want to lose money on it.

Re: cai for sale? - 06/07/07 07:14 PM

got any pics?

Re: cai for sale? - 06/07/07 07:42 PM

I don't have any photos (I could take some I guess).

This was the thread where I purchased it. These are photos of the exact CAI box and the tube it comes with. You take the stock rubber intake tube and attach it to one end of this tube, and attach your K&N to the other side.

It's in my garage in the same condition as these photos.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=...ode=&s=#3643439

Re: cai for sale? - 06/08/07 06:14 AM

o, ok...im kind of looking for the whole setup with a cone and all...but ill definately keep that in mind...thanks again!
Posted by: Chico

Re: cai for sale? - 06/08/07 07:38 AM

That's a good deal all you need to buy is a K&N cone for $40 and your good to go .Chico.

Re: cai for sale? - 06/08/07 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
That's a good deal all you need to buy is a K&N cone for $40 and your good to go .Chico.
Yeah...I mean I could sell you the cone off my car, but I'd want $40 for it so I could buy a new one. You might as well get a new one.

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 02:50 PM

is anyone else selling an intake???please!!!!!!!!!!!! i need one to put on the car when i get her back!
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 04:55 PM

I suppose I could MAKE you one like mine.

I'd just go to a dealership, buy a replacement intake pipe, another chunk of 3" PVC, some hose clamps, and a K&N.

Is that what you are looking for? Just a CAI set-up that is just bolt-on, per-say? Pull the old off and put the new right back?

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
I suppose I could MAKE you one like mine.

I'd just go to a dealership, buy a replacement intake pipe, another chunk of 3" PVC, some hose clamps, and a K&N.

Is that what you are looking for? Just a CAI set-up that is just bolt-on, per-say? Pull the old off and put the new right back?
What you describe is an open cone intake, not a CAI.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 05:20 PM

Alot of ppl seem to think an Open Cone is a CAI, especially ricers... :-/

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 05:25 PM

All you have to do is buy a cone and buy his Wizaird, do a ten minute hook up (minus battery disconnect), and good to go. For $75, I would buy it if I didn't spend all that time making mine so fancy!

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 08:49 PM

i was kinda leanin towards UMfan's box, but its expensive to ship, so that kinda fell through...but i would like something else like that...GRRR!

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 09:35 PM

Quote:
UMFan: I'd ask $75 and I'll pay shipping. I don't want to lose money on it.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 11:14 PM

I'd buy it if I were in the market for one.
Posted by: Jason2000GTP

Re: cai for sale? - 06/13/07 11:33 PM

i found my stock air box.. gonna take out K&N CAI if you are still interested.
this is one i have..
K&N CAI

It was was way expensive. im not sure what you are looking to spend but it is about 11mo old.
all ask $200 shipped for now.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: cai for sale? - 06/14/07 12:56 AM

that's a pretty good price for that setup... and it's much better than the secret weapon intake wink

Re: cai for sale? - 06/14/07 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
Quote:
UMFan: I'd ask $75 and [b]I'll pay shipping. I don't want to lose money on it.
[/b]
I had to back out of my offer. I didn't realize how much shipping was going to cost me. I would have lost quite a bit on it.