Backordered Progress Lowering Springs???

Posted by: j_espo1

Backordered Progress Lowering Springs??? - 05/06/02 12:41 PM

hey, does anyone know where i can get some progress lowering springs for my 98 GT? .... ram air tech is out of business, and island motorsports says they are on back order. i definately need a 1.7" drop in the front and 1.5" in the rear otherwise i would just purchase the eibachs

please e-mail me if you have any suggestions
j_espo1@yahoo.com confused
Posted by: Redshift

Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs??? - 05/06/02 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by j_espo1:
hey, does anyone know where i can get some progress lowering springs for my 98 GT? .... ram air tech is out of business, and island motorsports says they are on back order. i definately need a 1.7" drop in the front and 1.5" in the rear otherwise i would just purchase the eibachs

please e-mail me if you have any suggestions
j_espo1@yahoo.com confused
From everything I have read and seen, the drop wasn't actually 1.7" and 1.5" - it was identical to the Eibachs. You might as well get the Eibachs from whoever you like to shop with.

HTH.
Posted by: j_espo1

Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs??? - 05/07/02 03:05 PM

how could that be? are they false advertising? the eibachs only drop it a inch front and rear and i can't stand the fact that my car is higher in the front, than the back... i mean ill take your word for it but i just dont know why they would say that thats the drop when its not

confused
Posted by: Shag Finger

Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs??? - 05/07/02 03:11 PM

There is a revised kit for the Eibachs that lowers the front more. It sounds like you are acting on some slightly outdated info. Alot of us on here contacted Eibach about the problem and I myself actually sent them some measurements. They came out with a new kit that has lower fronts.
Posted by: Pat

Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs??? - 05/09/02 10:35 AM

Could someone with progressive lowering springs measure from the ground to the top of the fender to see what it is for both the front and rear. Also could you tell me your tire measurements. Thanks
Posted by: Shag Finger

Re: Backordered Progress Lowering Springs??? - 05/09/02 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
Could someone with progressive lowering springs measure from the ground to the top of the fender to see what it is for both the front and rear. Also could you tell me your tire measurements. Thanks
Once again I should point out that the wheel well openings are taller in the front and that is not a good measurement to see if the car lowers evenly. My .02.