DRL's

Posted by: Wesley'sGTP

DRL's - 05/17/07 01:20 PM

So i know the plug i have to unplug to disable them, but it seems IMPOSSIBLE for me to pull it out of there. any tips? any of you guys have trouble getting yours out?
im tempted to just cut the 2 wires...
Posted by: GTPJesse

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 01:55 PM

Sorry I can't help. But I've been thinking about doing the disable.....but haven't really had a chance to look into it or not...

P.s. Good luck, and hope everything goes well
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 02:01 PM

if by the plug you mean the fuse... then i had to use vice grips to pull it out
Posted by: RooK

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 02:41 PM

I think the diode twists to release. I couldn't offer any advice though. Last time I tried dealing with it I just cussed at it and left it at that.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 03:01 PM

The diode has one of those spring type clips. PITA to get off. Iirc I used a thin straight slot screwdriver to help remove mine.
Posted by: johnnywholenote

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 05:18 PM

x2 on the screwdriver

only cost me a little skin off my hands to do
Posted by: BLEWGTP

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 05:23 PM

^ yep yep...mine just pulled right out and next thing i know im bleeding all over my interior...but worth while anyways...
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GTPJesse:
Sorry I can't help. But I've been thinking about doing the disable.....but haven't really had a chance to look into it or not...

P.s. Good luck, and hope everything goes well
You have a '99. All you have to do is pull the fuse. It's the fuse box in the glove box. You'll get rid of those annoying DRL's and the auto-ons.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: DRL's - 05/17/07 08:47 PM

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing Bobby. 97-99's are super easy... I'm not sure on the 00+
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: DRL's - 05/18/07 07:51 AM

But others like me like the auto-on lights but don't like the DRLs.
Posted by: snowrider900

Re: DRL's - 05/21/07 11:23 PM

i unpluged the diode and the fuse can run with just the parking lights and the fogs and yes i also left some skin kooky
Posted by: BlackTop Vinyl

Re: DRL's - 05/22/07 12:29 PM

Dude i pulled my DRl fuse, and my car tweeeeked out. You know that sound when your lights flick on, well it must have been going on and off every quarter of a second, they were going nuts, i put the fuse back in afraid id blow my bulbs. Anyone else run into this kind of stuff?
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: DRL's - 05/22/07 12:37 PM

00+ pulling the DRL fuse does not work, you have to put a switch in.

ONLY for 97-99.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: DRL's - 05/22/07 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackTop Vinyl:
Dude i pulled my DRl fuse, and my car tweeeeked out. You know that sound when your lights flick on, well it must have been going on and off every quarter of a second, they were going nuts, i put the fuse back in afraid id blow my bulbs. Anyone else run into this kind of stuff?
your car is an '01. pulling the fuse wont work
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: DRL's - 05/22/07 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackTop Vinyl:
You need one of these: DRL Switch cheers