Removing Push In Retainers?

Posted by: 98greenGT

Removing Push In Retainers? - 05/26/07 03:14 PM

I am in the process of replacing my rear speaker. To do so I need to remove the rear window trim panel. The panel is held in place by two black push in retainers. I cannot get these out! Do they screw out or pull out? And what's the best way to get these removed? Please have patience with me, I'm only a beginner.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Removing Push In Retainers? - 05/26/07 04:22 PM

To replace the rear speaker there shouldn't be any need to remove the rear window trim. I had to take the back seat out (upper and lower pieces) and pull the rear decklid out. There you will see that each speaker is held in with four screws.

Re: Removing Push In Retainers? - 05/26/07 06:03 PM

Sorry I meant the rear window shelf. I got it out though. I also had to remove both pieces of the rear seat. My speaker was only secured by two screws.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Removing Push In Retainers? - 05/27/07 03:50 PM

I know you got it out, but i just pulled really hard to get mine! Was it an aftermarket speaker in there? I cant imagine why there would only be 2 screws

Re: Removing Push In Retainers? - 05/28/07 12:17 AM

Nope it was the original. There was holes for a third and fourth but no screws. And unfortunately my replacement speaker that I put in that I got from Ed is now buzzing. I am so tired of this stupid speaker.