Saying good-bye to the Grand Prix :(

Posted by: lonezergling

Saying good-bye to the Grand Prix :( - 03/17/11 12:30 AM

Driving home on the interstate, cruising at 75, I could hear the engine didn't sound like it should.

Long story short, just on the 1-mile trip to her final resting place, I could hear 9 different kinds of bad going on up there.

I'll be parting her out in the next couple weeks. All the cosmetics and non-engine related things first. Once I get into the engine and discover what is all wrong, I'll decide whether or not I'm comfortable selling anything lower than the LIM.

But... this is it. After everything that's happened, good and bad, this is where it ends.

frown
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Saying good-bye to the Grand Prix :( - 03/17/11 07:35 AM

Well nothing lasts forever. It's been a good car for you.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Saying good-bye to the Grand Prix :( - 03/17/11 08:27 AM

That sucks dude. With the price of low KM motors these days it may be worthwhile to put a new one in it and sell it? Or just move your cam and what not over to the new motor.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Saying good-bye to the Grand Prix :( - 03/17/11 02:52 PM

RIP to The Lone Zerg. that was one helluva ride! when you're ready, I'm interested in a few things. Looking for your shopping list to be posted. You ARE gonna be still swingin by to impart your knowledge and experience, right? I mean, I, for one, do still need help in tuning the cars.
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Saying good-bye to the Grand Prix :( - 03/19/11 03:00 PM

dang john! its never "the end", look at me i swore i would never get into a gp again, well after a g6 and a dodge ram, im back in my gp(problematic but loving it).