Question about a partial demod

Posted by: zXLankyXz

Question about a partial demod - 06/15/11 12:05 AM

If I went back to a stock pulley size (from 3.4"), stock spark plugs (from Autolite 104's) and stock t-stat (from 180 t-stat) and I have a custom Overkill PCM tune done, would I need to get the PCM re-tuned? I believe that I still have my stock PCM as well if that would better suit me after switching the mods out.

Thanks!
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Question about a partial demod - 06/15/11 07:43 AM

You'd be better off to go to a stock PCM. The fans will come on and run constantly with going back to a stock t-stat as he changes when the fans come on/off on his tunes, as well as the timing advance and fuel tables will all be different.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Question about a partial demod - 06/15/11 10:13 AM

Running the overkill would be fine, but might as well just put the stock back in. Or leave in the 180 tstat for the reason Randall mentioned.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Question about a partial demod - 06/15/11 10:23 AM

I'm running a ZZP tune with stock Tstat and the rest. I like some of the other stuff it provides. My mileage has stayed the same and have had no ill effects that I can tell.
Posted by: zXLankyXz

Re: Question about a partial demod - 06/15/11 02:35 PM

Maybe it was my perception but it seemed like the 180 t-stat and Autolite 104s hurt my gas mileage quite a bit. That is the main reason I am looking to change out the mods. Do you know approximately what the effect of those items are on gas mileage?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Question about a partial demod - 06/15/11 04:41 PM

Iirc 104s are copper plugs. Those need changed out every 5 or six thousand miles because they were out.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Question about a partial demod - 06/15/11 04:45 PM

180 tstat will hurt gas mileage, but I can't say how much. I would be surprised if it was more than 1 mpg. Plugs shouldn't really make a difference unless they fouled up from being too cold. My guess would be the 3.4 in combination with the tuned PCM are the biggest contributors to worse mpg.