dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video*

Posted by: palsut

dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 11:09 AM

Which one I should buy it? I know someone did that their SE before. How can I tell it will fit my car? Is my car same as GT/GTP under body?

http://www.pfyc.com/c/GPEXH/Exhaust.html

Everyone keep telling me get gt/gtp bumper. I hate to admit that GT/GTP bumper look great. Guess what? I got it. It is perfect match same color in good shape. Lucky me. wink
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 11:54 AM

Yes your car is the same under the body. Did you get all the attachments for the rear bumper? There is a couple of brackets that go along with it.

Do yourself a favor. Install your rear bumper then take your car to a local exhaust shop Not Midas, Mineke etc and have them make you a catback exhaust. You'll come out spending about half of what those kits run.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 12:27 PM

Or check your local junk yards for a GT/GTP and see how much they want for the cat back.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 01:36 PM

Ya but then you gotta find one in good shape that's not all corroded and gonna cost more cash down the road.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 01:42 PM

I didn't know rear bumper is different attachment? I thought it is same as SE and GT/GTP attachment to put on?

Why should I buy used gt or gtp exhaust? I thought everyone hate stock exhaust? I have seen some cars with new tip. confused

I thought corsa is easy job because they have installation for "bolt on". I'm planning install rear bumper and exhaust to avoid crazy labor hour.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 01:45 PM

There are special braces that go with the rear bumper because it hangs so much lower then the SE bumper. They are cheap and easy to go by.

Performance wise the stock cat back is fine. People want to change the sound so they swap mufflers. The tips are just to "dress" up the rear end.

Bobby was suggesting a used GT/GTP catback becasue that will be a direct bolt in and easy to install.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 01:55 PM

Oh... I didn't know that. I will see if I find any clip for this. I have hitch on my car but I doubt it will fit if I put gt bumper. I will move my hitch out to put winter beater car.

If I buy corsa so I will get lot of sound? Maybe it is good chance to tell them I have "fake 3800 engine" lol

Really.... I just want add other exhaust on left side so it will look great on my left side than show empty on gt bumper. I have seen someone did put same SE tailpipe on left too. I forgot where is from. I guess I should buy other SE tail pipe or should I get gt or gtp? Man, it is getting hard to think lol
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 02:09 PM

just buy 2 magnaflow muffs with tips, and take your car to an exhaust shop and have them do the Dual set up.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 03:18 PM

My car is 2003 SE. I have single exhaust of course you know. Last weekend, I was remove the wheels to clean it up for all Pontiac car show. When I took hard look under my car for thinking buy gt/gtp rear bumper. This exhaust has been rusty like really bad. Darn weather salt. That's why I got me other winter beater car. Maybe it is good time to update whole exhaust?

BoostenGTP02: is that website you mean? Sorry, I'm not good for all part name lol

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=4442

I'm planning buy exhaust next year. I will put my gt bumper on hold until next year because I already buy F1 hood and SD wing. Let me allow save it up and I will have a great looking car next year for sure wink
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 04:16 PM

You could just stay single exhaust like I did.

It's cheaper and doesn't look half bad.

Plus, you won't have to buy the bumper wink
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 04:19 PM

do what boosten said...

get two of these mufflers http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=7438

then get 2.5" tips... have the exhaust shop weld 2.5" from the cat all the way back to the muffs...

they'll have the pipe you need and you can get Stainless steel... magnaflow also has polished muffs like these http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=7554

a lil more expensive but more for show cars...

try and find these muffs on ebay for a cheaper price too and get your tips from ebay also...

you want 2.5" Offset/Center muffs... and 2.5" tips... it doesn't matter whether they're single or duals

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 05:50 PM

Dual exhaust with an SE bumper doesn't look bad. It gives it that old school look.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 06:36 PM

Ok thank everyone. I will have lot of thinking this year and decide to purchase them next year.

This bumper that I got from Ed this morning.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=270238155376

They have scratches on Pontiac name but I'm not worry about that. I plan have letter paint as my body color. Why I like this bumper than SE? Because I like the look Pontiac on bottom. I think that's neat. I was in Pontiac car show. I saw nice clean black 2002 GTP. I looked his bumper. That's make me change my mind lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 06:49 PM

You can cut the letters out and put lights back there.
Posted by: Chico

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 07:22 PM

For a decent exhaust (bolt on ) I would suggest going to GM parts direct they have a stainless catback with a decent sound for $518.76 it is a complete stainless system with Magnaflow muffs,part #12498617 .Chico(pops)

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 09:57 PM

look nasty frown

Do you think I should get everything to replaced because it is over 100K miles car?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/25/08 10:38 PM

that's up to you... if i had the money i'd replace it all plus yours is a "show" car...

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 12:10 AM

Thank Chico. I didn't see your post. I think it is good enough for me.

Okay for now....

GM part 12498617

Cars not orginally equipped with dual exhaust will need the dual exhaust conversion kit 12498653 (sold seperately) Get this one too. I believe they are for left side install too.

and this one

http://www.performancepeddler.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MAG23433

Is I miss anything else? Will it not hurt my mpg? lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 07:49 AM

The cat back won't effect your MPG the downpipe might if you have a hard time keeping out of the happy pedal. If you drive it like a sane person you may see an increase in mpg.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 10:29 AM

Ok that's great. Do you think I should let exhaust local shop do that because I never done that? I willing let pro do that for safe if I screw up.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 12:59 PM

That depends on whether your comfortable doing this type of work,bolting the new system is a piece if cake but removing the old rusty system can be a PIA ,it should'nt be too expensive for a muffler shop to R&R your system.Chico(Pops)

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 02:39 PM

ok thank you. Is o2 sensor on this part or it is located somewhere?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 03:27 PM

It's in the Ubend just aft of the cat just before the bolted connection.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 05:20 PM

U bend is from http://www.performancepeddler.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MAG23433 ???

Sorry, I'm not very good for car part names. Believe me. I'm learning and everything for mod stuff is new to me like this exhaust lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 09:51 PM

There should be a hole with threads called a "bung" on the aft side of the catalytic converter.

Are you looking for a 3" down pipe or just stock parts?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/26/08 10:50 PM

maybe this picture will help you what I'm talking about.

Left side because I have right single exhaust.

Whole exhaust system

Catalytic Converter-Direct Fit>Direct Fit High Flow Stainless Steel Catalytic Converter (for my SE engine)

I don't think I need u-delete because I don't see any for new parts on above of this pictures?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/27/08 02:00 AM

when you get a downpipe you get rid of the ubend delete... unless you get a shorty but that isn't a shorty
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/27/08 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Did you get all the attachments for the rear bumper? There is a couple of brackets that go along with it.
There are no special brackets required to make the rear GT bumper fit on an SE. The only thing I noticed in doing the swap was that the splash guards in the rear wheel wells were slightly off and didn't fit exactly right. They still work though.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/27/08 06:55 PM

I coulda swore there were extra braces. But after looking at mine all there was were L brackets that are part of the bumper cover.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/27/08 07:01 PM

I thought these brackets were separate

This one is

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/27/08 07:10 PM

1st picture that I still have it. My SE bumper do that too. 2nd picture. I'm not 100% sure but I will find out tomorrow morning.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/28/08 01:22 AM

Hercman is right. I need those part for 2nd picture. I couldn't find what part I'm looking for. Gm direct is not helpful what I'm seeing from your picture. Any idea?

I know I'm supposed do that in morning but I have storm on weekend so I work on it tonight in the dark lol I don't have picture because it is too dark that took lousy picture.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/28/08 08:03 AM

Contact Ed Morad. Tell him you need the braces for a GT/GTP rear bumper.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/28/08 11:13 AM

That's same guy where I got this bumper. I honestly think he is screw up for wrong year and color. Look the picture. It looks not match color. This car from rear bumper look like it is from silvermist? He did say "remove out of 2001 GT" so I know it is supposed galaxy silver like mine. That's weird. I guess I will have to paint it all over because it has some few scratches around but this bumper is wonderful shape.

GT bumper vs. SE bumper (which one better?) wink

close up shot. yeah I need exhaust lol

Notice different color?

*edit*

I found this vin under this bumper near plate light. It is 1G2WP52K4YF144696.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/28/08 03:09 PM

I don't know... when I bought my bumper, it didn't come with those brackets but it still fits on there fine and I didn't have to jimmy-rig it any.
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/28/08 03:24 PM

Palsut your car will look REALLY good with a GT bumper...you should really tint those Clear taillights though considering they look a little ricey.
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/28/08 03:27 PM

wow your car is coming along VERY nicely!! thumbsup

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/28/08 03:47 PM

There is my taillights. They are still on usps since Tuesday. It will take 5-7 days. Maybe today, Monday or Tuesday either.

drummerboy1307: Is that your bumper look like this? Mine is really loose very bad. I went outside for picture. There is very strong wind. My rear bumper is shaking the butt lol

I saw 2003 black gt gp outside at used dealer. I went over there to check under the bumper but dealer got me. I fake that I ask him I want to test drive for check it myself at my apt parking but plan didn't work out because he is sitting with me. damn it... So after park it back to dealer... I took look under the car where bumper is. I see that I need have whole black thing where around the rear wheel right? I told dealer that grand prix have "bad steering wheel" so forget it.. he beggining me but I told him no... point to my car.... I keep it and bye lol
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/30/08 08:00 PM

Does your SE have the 3.8 or 3.4? I had a 3.4 in my Monte Carlo LS and did a custom cat back with u-bend delete, 2.5" tubing and dynomax ultra welded. The car sounded great, but I lost torque down low. Especially right where I cruised at highway speeds. My car had the 2.86 final drive, so I was taching under 2000 at 70 MPG. When using A|C or in a hilly area, my car was constantly in and out of OD. It was annoying.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/30/08 08:03 PM

My SE have 3.1 engine. Hopefully, I won't have that problem as well too.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/30/08 08:04 PM

he has the 3100...i know because i had the same year SE with a 3100 lol it was even silver also... lol
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/30/08 11:00 PM

Once you get the bumper painted the right color, your car will look great with the tinted tails and you wouldn't need nothing else done.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/30/08 11:47 PM

01 GT: why get rid of it? We could have twin cars wink

Yeah, I'm looking forward this project done. Still no tint taillights yet. I hope it should be there tomorrow.

I'm thinking return it back because I found out where plate line is dent because body shop told me that's damage. I didn't know that. Ebay didn't say that but of course I would like return it back because of wrong color too. It actually say remove out of 2001 GT. It supposed to be galaxy silver but this is really silvermist (supposed be like before 1999) confused

I found primer bumper from rockauto.com for $175. Is that really oem bumper or replica bumper? Hard to tell confused

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 06/30/08 11:58 PM

palsut i got rid of it because i was starting to get a hot coolant smell all the time...tranny was slipping it had 80,xxx miles and it was a 3100...i had it payed off and i coulda modded it and i was younger and stupid a year ago and didnt listen to my parents about not having a car payment... frown

that bumper is not OEM...there will be the SLIGHTEST thing that ISNT the same as the OEM bumper such as a weird fit or the pontiac might not be indented in the bottom rear fascia...

return it and tell him that you need galaxy silver....or just have it painted...

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/01/08 12:10 AM

Sorry about that. I don't have any problem on mine yet. I guess I always baby it laugh

hmm I didn't noticed "pontiac" letter is missing. Now I see that. Why you think it is not good idea? Everyone have problem with fake bumper?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/01/08 07:02 AM

72chev The 97-03 gps never got the 3.4. Only the 3.1 and 3.8.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/01/08 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
Sorry about that. I don't have any problem on mine yet. I guess I always baby it laugh

hmm I didn't noticed "pontiac" letter is missing. Now I see that. Why you think it is not good idea? Everyone have problem with fake bumper?
I babied my SE too because i wasnt to into them back then...

The first winter i had my car we had a really bad winter and my whole driveway was ice and i had to go to work and when i was backing out of the driveway i slid right down the driveway sideways and the front left bottom corner of my bumper got torn completely apart because i hit a big ice bank. I went to a local bodyshop to see how much it would be to get it fixed and they quoted me $950 so i went to another one and they quoted me $700...so i said forget it, i will look for a used or a cheaper bumper somewhere else and have someone else paint it. Well i found a front bumper cover for the 2002 grand prix's and i didnt know anything about them being fake or anything so i ordered it and when i got it, it was a hard fit and it didnt have the pontiac arrowhead indentation on the front and i didnt notice that until after it was painted. so after that experience of having troubles with it fitting i will never buy anything that is not OEM. So trust me just get the OEM bumper and dont go through the hassle that i went through with a fake aftermarket.

The reason they dont put the 'PONTIAC' in the back is because everything else(design wise) is just like the OEM so in order for them to produce it they have to take something out from the original version for copyright reasons.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/04/08 09:52 AM

Ow... it sounds like not fun accident on ice. I always careful and never got any accident on snow season yet but mostly I'm worry about crazy people driving. Sometimes I get close call when they spin out or couldn't hit brake on time. :rolleyes:

I wish they have driving test on snow season and summer season both to see how good they are. If they suck on snow then give F and no driving for them. Only I wish it happen but it won't be after over 100 years of driving. frown

Thank for explain about fake bumper. That's good thing I didn't buy any fake bumper yet. I don't like it because it has no Pontiac that I like have it for like paint black letter with whole silver paint. Someone did photochop for me on other forum. I really like that.

That bumper I'm getting. Other wrong color is gone soon next week. Ed pay for return shipping and I get everything full refund. That's nice so I don't lost everything on this wrong color bumper.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150259336009

Other extra good one... I finally open the tint tail from box last night. Not pretty shot without bumper frown

rear lights on with parking lights on

parking lights on

no parking lights

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/04/08 10:14 AM

that looks NICE!!! WOW...i think im gonna have to send mine to flip!!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/04/08 10:33 AM

NO! Don't send to him! Why? You will angry when mail lost your package like your sd wing other day. Just kidding lol He is from MA. You are from WI. I can't imagine it might be like 2-3 weeks. I'm from Ohio. It took for 1 week and 1 day for usps 5-10 days when he send it to me.

I know your tail is fade right now. I remember I ask him what if clear coat is fade away. He says no it won't as long I keep wax them like wax on paint clear coat body color. Since I'm clean freak so I think I will be okay for now. laugh
Posted by: Keith Herrington

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/04/08 06:52 PM

AustinGTP,
Where did you get the 17" Bullits shown on your car?
Keith
cprher@verizon.net
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/04/08 07:02 PM

keith questions like that send via PM, in the persons address bar. loven the look of the tinted tails

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/04/08 09:10 PM

keith you can get the Bullitts on american muscle years 05+ but ya idk what im going to do with my tinted tails...now i have to wax my car and buff out about a million little swirl marks because i was an idiot and didnt hose down my car before wiping it after the storm rain had dried on it and there was dust/dirt all over it and i put a bunch of nice swirl marks in the paint, even tho i used a microfiber/detailing towel to wipe it(lol im thinking that was a BAD idea) frown

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/07/08 11:37 AM

nice tails... they look real good
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/07/08 07:10 PM

Ewww rust!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/07/08 07:25 PM

Thank everyone about my new tint tail look. I know I need "perfect shot" with bumper on. I will get them soon this week but I won't install it until 26th or 27th either. I'm on vacation next week (leaving this Friday night). I only have perfect time to work on it on weekend instead week.

Well every car have rust. That's life. I'm 100% sure you have rust on your car too. It is just naked butt car. When it is wear underwear so you will not see rust there. lol

*edit* Hercman got his rust car too. He live South. I don't know if he brought it from North area. His car look nice outside but inside can be nasty. We don't normally see his under car like that. Like I say that's life.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/07/08 07:48 PM

herc brought his car from maine.

i have yet to see any rust on my car. and ive seen everything on it...

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/07/08 08:25 PM

Oh no wonder. What can I do about damn winter salt? At least my car is fine so I don't have any rust through which it is good.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/07/08 09:28 PM

Lots and lots of fresh water rinses. Even then ughhh!!!! I was under my car the other day and the actuall bumper structer is flaking big time frown

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/07/08 10:34 PM

aww man that's suck. I don't have any flaking on my car yet. I hope I never got any rust worse since I got winter beater car. I was surprise winter beater got black thing under car. I don't see any rusty stuff. Maybe I should buy black thing under car if I plan buy new car in future to avoid rusty.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/11/08 10:44 PM

Guess what? My bumper just arrived this door about 3 hours ago. laugh

It looks like it was ton of scratches but I don't feel anything when I touch them. I guess that's normal for "primer". It will be on body shop on Monday 21st.

I wish I put it on my car right now but I'm on vacation tomorrow. I won't be home until 21st. frown

So talk to you later when I get back wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/12/08 03:18 PM

That'll look hot on a silver car!

J/K it's getting paint.
You mise well drop in a supercharger'd block into that car since you are on a huge mod bug spree!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/12/08 06:44 PM

actually thats a primer thats put on you have to use a liquid sanding paste before you even paint it. so dont worry about those "scraches"

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/14/08 08:31 PM

Yeah, since I didn't feel them so it doesn't bother me. I know paint will cover it so I'm good to go.

I don't know if you knew. My car is SE so I can't put any supercharger on it. I am just upgrade for cool look wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/14/08 10:45 PM

Quote:
I don't know if you knew. My car is SE so I can't put any supercharger on it. I am just upgrade for cool look wink
LOL thats why he said supercharged BLOCK...meaning putting the whole l67 engine in there and tearing out the 3100...haha it wouldnt be a bad idea you know!! wink
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/14/08 11:42 PM

yeah lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/15/08 08:45 AM

That's lot of work. It might be nice but I have no $ for that. Maybe if my 3100 engine blown but this engine is very good shape since I always baby it. laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/24/08 09:52 PM

Wow, that's hot bumper! laugh

I cannot wait to see it on my car which I will get them out of body shop tomorrow afternoon.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/24/08 10:25 PM

lol so did u buy the dual exhaust setup yet??

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/24/08 10:31 PM

Not yet but I will. I'm saving but first I'm doing interior paint first.

I ask Pontiac service for how much it will cost me for install everything? He say it is $85 labor and take one hour to finish it all. Sound good?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/24/08 10:33 PM

so what exactly are you getting painted?? I mean that sounds like a lot of money to paint a couple small things inside your car!

**EDIT** haha i just re-read what you posted and ya that sounds fair to install the dual exhaust.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/24/08 10:36 PM

Read other new thread I just make new one. No, it is not going be body shop again. I ask other guy who will paint for me.
Posted by: NovaSS369

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 01:32 AM

so your bumper looks just like mine now... i just got a new rear bumper for my car and it has the PONTIAC painted to match as well... i prefer not letter kitting it instead just leaving it as the same paint...but that 4th brake light idea is kinda cool...where is that thread? any1 know?
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NovaSS369:
so your bumper looks just like mine now... i just got a new rear bumper for my car and it has the PONTIAC painted to match as well... i prefer not letter kitting it instead just leaving it as the same paint...but that 4th brake light idea is kinda cool...where is that thread? any1 know?
Here Ya go:

http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009799#000007

Also there is this method which I may do:

http://www.gpona.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5734

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 10:22 AM

I already have black letter paint on front plate cover. I would paint black letter rear bumper too. I think they look good. It is little hard to see the name from distance. Gotta let everyone to know I'm Pontiac guy laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 12:45 PM

Well I got it back but one tiny scratch spot. They will fix it but I won't get car back until Monday. I swear I never have a good luck frown

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 05:54 PM

that looks good man!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 07:55 PM

looks wicked smile

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 08:20 PM

Thank you. The line look perfect on my SE model so I don't really need gt/gtp door side.

I love that picture but not driving that car for 3 weeks is really kill me. I want drive that so badly. I can't stand winter beater car lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 10:03 PM

so where are the taillights?? u said awhile ago that they were on the way...haha

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 10:08 PM

Those invisible tails are hot! lmao looks good tho man. hottest SE ive ever seen. to bad its got a 3100 laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 10:16 PM

Palsut is doing just the opposite of me.

He dumps his money into the exterior for looks, I dump ine into the engine for speed.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/25/08 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
Those invisible tails are hot! lmao looks good tho man. hottest SE ive ever seen. to bad its got a 3100 laugh
thats EXACTLY what i wanted to do with my 02 silver SE, but i decided to get rid of it because of that dreadful hot coolant smell!!! mad i had everything paid off and ready to mod it!! frown im gonna try and find some pics of it to show you guys what it looked like..ill start another thread for that.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/26/08 12:12 AM

Yes, but he forgot paint black letter for front plate cover. He will do that on Saturday then mail it out together for my tint stock taillights (I accident scratch them when the rock was on towel :rolleyes: ), tint clear taillights then finally plate cover. I will have them on Wednesday.

It was weird to drive it without taillights but thank god body shop is 3/4 miles from my apt. That's like 1 minute and half drive. I use hand signal as stop if someone is behind me. I bet they have no idea what heck I'm doing lol

Body shop guy told me that you need left exhaust. I just like chill down. I will have it soon. :rolleyes:

lonezergling: just don't get ticket or kill someone out during speeding laugh Yeah you are right about. I'm here for "look" and you are here for "speed". If my SE have 3800 engine then I probably do that both.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/26/08 01:47 PM

I don't ever drive faster than the speed limit or 5 over on the streets.

Obviously, there are times I'll get on it from a stop but nothing ever over the speed limit.

Keep in on the track. Where it counts. Where it's safe.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/26/08 03:22 PM

That's smart for you. Lonezergling wink

Well, I don't want to wait so I already buy exhaust package, left hanger and some items. I just don't like my car look like without exhaust lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/26/08 06:47 PM

Palsut if you look closely at your rear bumper compared to the rear 1/4 panel you can tell a SLIGHT difference in color because one material is plastic and everything else is metal.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/26/08 09:52 PM

I understand what you mean. I guess that's normal but at least it is not huge different like I got wrong silvermist bumper which it could be bad lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/28/08 09:16 AM

nice... i think it matches it's just the shading i bet

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 07/28/08 10:36 AM

I bet they are but I know they are 100% same color in person when I got my car back last Friday. Now, I'm going to walk it over and see how they are doing for fix my damn scratches that they caused mad

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/09/08 08:52 PM

There is my catalytic converter arrived last week. Now, I will get dual exhaust on delivery this Monday. It will install on Tuesday. Everything look good as plan.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/10/08 01:54 AM

your doing the U-Bend delete correct? cant wait to see the final product!!! laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/10/08 08:17 AM

01GT see that section to the left of the cat. That's where the Ubend would go. He doesn't need to worry about it anymore.

All aftermarket performance oriented DPs with cat will have the ubend delete already incorporated. The only ones that don't are the shortys that get welded to the cat.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/10/08 08:55 AM

now are you going to have to make hangers for the drivers side muffler/tip plasut?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/10/08 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
01GT see that section to the left of the cat. That's where the Ubend would go. He doesn't need to worry about it anymore.

All aftermarket performance oriented DPs with cat will have the ubend delete already incorporated. The only ones that don't are the shortys that get welded to the cat.
ahhhh ok...im not to knowledgeable when it comes to exhaust modding.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/10/08 12:19 PM

Hercman is right. No more u-bend.

Streetstaker: Yes, I will get left hanger too. I ordered dual exhausts and left hanger together so they will be there tomorrow. I know you all love picture so I will take picture when I open them tomorrow.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/11/08 10:59 PM

Well, I got dual exhausts out of box. It is pretty good but they forgot clips. I'm pretty disappointed. I supposed have appointment for install them but no clips around so I will have to go there and tell them to cancel tomorrow. frown See... It is always something if I have dumb bad luck like wrong color rear bumper (solved), F1 hood is not fit (solved), old man hit my car (kick his car), and now this missing 5 clips that hold exhaust together (unknown right now). When I'm going to have a good luck? :rolleyes:

look right side for 5 missing clips. I don't have any of them. mad

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/11/08 11:12 PM

mmmmm shiny laugh
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/11/08 11:42 PM

Before you cancel, ask them if they have stainless steel clamps, or if they can weld the exhaust system together. Never hurts to ask... wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/11/08 11:46 PM

Oh it is call clamps? I thought it was clip. I guess I can give shot but I bet they will charge me for that. This company that I ordered will take care of it. They will call GM to get 5 clamps for me.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 03:48 PM

The clamps are only a few dollars apiece, at least thats what I was quoted. So you'd be out an extra $15 or so.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 04:20 PM

I don't want pay extra $ for missing clamps. They will send me 5 missing clamps that cost me zero. That's better than nothing.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 04:25 PM

they were giving you options because you seemed pretty pissed and were complaining about not being able to get your exhaust put on for you at your scheduled time.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 04:37 PM

I would get it welded, might cost a couple extra bucks but it will 100000000x better. Looks nice tho!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 05:23 PM

Well, I have my car ready for this car show on this Saturday. Now, I have single exhaust with dual bumper. Judge will laugh at my car. lol

Dealership understand they forgoet clamps so no big deal. They are not mad because they don't have many customer there.

Also, I was supposed to have my 18" wheel to install this Thursday but I canceled that too because I got something I'm waiting for loooooong time. It is secert wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 05:28 PM

What, that you won the lotto?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 07:25 PM

palsut you KNOW that you CANT keep a secret from us!!! HAHAHA so just spill it already!!! wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 07:40 PM

TELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:37 PM

I will add two items on my car. Take look at my picture. What is missing? Try to guess. laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:38 PM

ahhhh SIDESKIRTS and RIMS!!!! hahah

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:45 PM

We already know rims last week. This time it is other two items. No, not sideskirt. Keep guessing :p

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:47 PM

Projectors, gtp rocker panels?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:48 PM

again no lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:50 PM

roof rails, exhaust, lowering?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:53 PM

roof rail yes!

exhaust? we already know like July lol

lowering? no

one more.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:55 PM

ooo window sticker?!?! lol

SD Airdam???!?!?!?!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:56 PM

Oh yeah I forgot that one. I already got them from mail but still one more other item laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:57 PM

no not sd airdamn lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 08:59 PM

different grilles?!?! haha just tell us! lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 09:00 PM

ohhhh that's close.... honeycomb lower grille.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 09:02 PM

huh? how are you putting a honeycomb in the lower part? why dont you just buy chrome vt grilles from ebay. they are the same ones as the SS grilles from PFYC and the W body store.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 09:06 PM

Well since my F1 hood have honeycomb grille so I want all grille honeycomb match. F1 hood cannot remove the grille. They are stuck inside so nothing can I do about that. Local Ohio guy make great honeycomb lower grille. I have see 2 customer cars with honeycomb lower grille . It was look good. He will install it on my car this Saturday during car show. It will be silver paint honeycomb lower grille just like my upper grille to match.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 09:13 PM

so your not going to have your rims on by saturday?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 10:00 PM

No, not for this week. Tires cost darn too much. I will save it up for fall/winter season so this rims will on my car in Spring 2009. It is August right now. Pretty soon so that's mean summer car is going cover it up. frown

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 10:18 PM

haha buy some cheap tires off of clubgp classifieds...people sell there rims without the tires to save one shipping. so u can go in and swoop up some tires for cheap!!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/12/08 10:59 PM

craigslist has cheap tires

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/13/08 12:33 AM

ewwww... used tires? I love smell fresh new rubber tires laugh Thank for let me know but I'm not really big rush about that. Fall season is just about beginning soon. Be patient until Spring 2009 so you will see 18" wheel on my car. wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/13/08 04:39 PM

Quote:
ewwww... used tires? I love smell fresh new rubber tires laugh Thank for let me know but I'm not really big rush about that. Fall season is just about beginning soon. Be patient until Spring 2009 so you will see 18" wheel on my car. wink
just because its on craigslist doesnt mean its used

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/13/08 05:21 PM

Well, my dad have a good point in spring 2008. I buy new tires for winter beater. I plan get tires from tirerack.com but he told me it is bad idea because if I have someone in tire business install me but tires went bad so I'm kind stuck because it is not tire business's fault. It is not their tires that they install for me. It is tirerack but they are just online website. So I rather tire company in my local area. If they f**ked up then I get tire warranty from local tire company better.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/14/08 02:39 PM

My experiences with tire rack have been perfectly fine. For the winter car, I recommend BF Goodrich Traction T/A's they are great in the snow, and great all season, actually. You shouldn't have any reason for a warranty claim, mine are lasting incredibly well on both the GTP and the SE.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/14/08 03:59 PM

One thing to look at when you buy tires online is what is the markup for mount and balance because you didn't buy the tires from the place that is mounting them? I bought mine online and I ended up spending more then I saved in the long run.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/14/08 11:00 PM

True, depends on the shop. My guys were dirt cheap in that regard, because it wasn't a TIRE shop, it was your average repair shop. As always, caveat emptor. Make sure you do your homework.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 07:33 AM

Yeah, tire discounter told me about this BF Goodrich tire but I won't drive it on winter season. That's why I have my other winter beater car.

Anyway, I'm thinking get summer tire like this. It is not that bad.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW+2&partnum=445YR8GFTAKDW2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 08:09 AM

I like that tire also but it doesn't come in a compatable size with the torque star wheels. So you definately need aftermarket rims to get that tread pattern.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 08:10 AM

Ok this thread has gone from exhaust to tires.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 08:31 AM

lol that's okay. This thread is mine so I don't mind little off-topic laugh . I do have aftermarket rim for my summer car. I guess you never see my other thread about 18" wheel.

The exhaust question is totally over but still waitng for 5 clamps that they forgot.

I'm going to move my tri-spoke to my winter beater. Star rims that I'm going to get rid it but before you ask about that. It will take little time. I probably will get tire on Spring 2009. This fall season is just about ready soon. I'm no big rush about to get tires.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 12:25 PM

Quote:
Well, I got dual exhausts out of box. It is pretty good but they forgot clips. I'm pretty disappointed. I supposed have appointment for install them but no clips around so I will have to go there and tell them to cancel tomorrow. frown See... It is always something if I have dumb bad luck like wrong color rear bumper (solved), F1 hood is not fit (solved), old man hit my car (kick his car), and now this missing 5 clips that hold exhaust together (unknown right now). When I'm going to have a good luck? :rolleyes:

look right side for 5 missing clips. I don't have any of them. mad

gosh your place looks like a shop lol but who cares i wish i had parts like that layen around

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 12:57 PM

lol thank. Trunk lid is going to gone. Also hood too. It will left me tri-spoke wheel, 2 spoilers, SE rear bumper and 2 SE rear inner. I have extra grille and headlight but I rather keep it if something happen to my car just case. Too many darn deers around.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 01:44 PM

I suggested the traction t/a's because you said you were getting tires FOR the winter car. Obviously go with a summer tire for the summer car.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/15/08 05:13 PM

how much for 2 of the tri stars

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/16/08 01:18 AM

I never say anything about 18" wheel go to winter beater car? confused

Well, I don't know if I want to sell 2 set. I have sold my old tri-spoke paint wheels for 4 set. If I sold 2 wheels to you then I'm not sure what to do with other 2 wheels if they all want 4 set. It will take a while because I won't put new 18" wheel until Spring 2009.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/16/08 04:18 PM

Quote:
Well, my dad have a good point in spring 2008. I buy new tires for winter beater. I plan get tires from tirerack.com but he told me it is bad idea because if I have someone in tire business install me but tires went bad so I'm kind stuck because it is not tire business's fault. It is not their tires that they install for me. It is tirerack but they are just online website. So I rather tire company in my local area. If they f**ked up then I get tire warranty from local tire company better.
Bolding added for emphasis.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/16/08 09:51 PM

Sorry, I should say "brought". I already brought new tires on winter beater last April 2008. When I was trying order it on website but like I say what if something wrong with tires that I don't want to get screwed. In local area if tires have problem then it is up to local tire to fix mine.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/17/08 02:24 PM

ahhh, that makes more sense. smile

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/17/08 08:28 PM

I still haven't heard from this company about clamps. It will be one week for tomorrow. That's kind bummer. I'm glad everyone understand that I have "missing" exhaust during car show. It was embarrassing. lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/18/08 12:02 AM

I ca'nt believe this post about putting dual exhaust on a SE has gone 10 pages ,what's up with that are we that bored ,comon guys we need a little intelligent input !!!
Posted by: GTP-MAX

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/18/08 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
I ca'nt believe this post about putting dual exhaust on a SE has gone 10 pages ,what's up with that are we that bored ,comon guys we need a little intelligent input !!!
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Posted by: GTP-MAX

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/18/08 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/18/08 06:38 PM

Chico: Everyone love my car. You are just jealous because no one want talk about your car. You better buy SE model then we will talk about your future car. laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 01:15 AM

I think I'll pass on the SE ,I hope your joking because I build my own cars ,those of you that do their own work can apreciate the pride of doing your own work ,Palsat you,ve done a nice job on your car so far and that was'nt the point of my post I've been on this board since 2004 and have seen hundreds of posts regarding exhaust so I will say this issue has been beaten to death ,I just think we need to inject a little intelligent conversation into our posts or we stagnate and become preverbial parrots. wink Chico(pops)

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 09:46 AM

Yes, of course I'm joking. wink

Thanks. You did good job to build your own like hood and some stuffs you have done.

Actually, there is some lot of off-topic in few pages than we talk about dual exhaust on my se car. Once, when I post dual exhaust on my car soon whenever I get 5 missing clamps picture then everyone will say sweet, cool or whatever. Then I'm sure this thread will dead soon. laugh
Posted by: Jason M.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 10:59 AM

Quote:
I still haven't heard from this company about clamps. It will be one week for tomorrow. That's kind bummer. I'm glad everyone understand that I have "missing" exhaust during car show. It was embarrassing. lol
I noticed!! j/k I would be calling that company once a day until they got the stuff. It shouldn't take that long to get the clamps. Post up pics/update when they get you your clamps.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 11:06 AM

When I emailed to this company (monster part online) for "any update about this?" last Thurday. Since I were super busy for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I finally got email from him last Monday night.

"Nothing yet the GM engineers are investigating to see what size you need. I will let you know"

I know some of you agree it is bs. I mean this is gm part #. I don't see why it should be different size? I don't really get it. More delay and more fire in my head mad

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 11:11 AM

Get the part number and contact the dealership. See if they have this in stock an pick it up from them. Give MPO the bill and have them refund part of your money that you paid.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 11:13 AM

I actually did told monster part online but they won't refund me back last week. Kind suck. I have no choice and keeping waiting for damn clamps. frown

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 12:44 PM

Maybe the company you bought your exhaust from should be listed under "stealers" for poor customer service?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 12:52 PM

Why not pack up your exhaust take your car to a muffler shop and have your system welded together?Personally I do'nt like clamped exhaust they usually have leaks ,for the amount of welding involved it should cost around $75 .Chico(pops)

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 01:22 PM

Quote:
I actually did told monster part online but they won't refund me back last week. Kind suck. I have no choice and keeping waiting for damn clamps. frown
Tell them that if you don't have the clamps in your posession by next weekend, that you're gonna send the entire exhaust back and will want a full refund of your money + shipping!! I'm sure that they have sold plenty of these exhausts and since they have all the part numbers that they need, there's no reason that they shouldn't have an answer by now.

Is the exhaust a GM product? If so, send me a PM with the part number and i'll try to contact a dealership and see if i can get a part number for the clamps.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 02:13 PM

I'm with Chico.

You'll be much happier in the long run having it welded then clamped.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 06:39 PM

I don't think it is really monster online part fault. He (Patrick) work this company call GM for get clamps. GM keep ask him what size. I told him I dunno because I ordered it from gm part #. He told me that he didn't pack it. He order it from GM then send to me. That's why it is mess up.

About weld thing... I think I better do clamps first to let exhaust to see if they are okay then start weld it. What if one of part failure but they are already weld. I'm kind stuck if I can't remove if they are already weld?

Jason M.: since you know I'm working night shift. I don't have gm part # with me but it is on page 2-3 for this thread about part #.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/19/08 06:44 PM

Here's what you do. 1 of two things Measure the ouside diameter of the pipe or grab your tip if the tubing is the same size as the tip then go to the parts store and grab how ever many stainless clamps you need. They'll be 3 or 4 dollars apiece.

One more reason I hate mail order.

I bet 2.5" clamps would be fine. If not you can always return them to the store for a larger size.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 01:56 AM

I was very busy whole week so I finally tell him about missing clamps.

"I think it is gone too far. It has been over 2 weeks for silly 5 missing clamps. I mean come on. My dual exhaust is not belong in dining room. It is belong to my car. I don't know who to blame. You or GM company. I would like get clamps quickly and move on. 2 weeks.. come on that's stupid excuse for can't find correct size.

Then he says

"I am expecting them in monday or tues I knew it would take some time that is why I asked the size so I could just send some and just replace my stock when gm sent the replacements"

I'm sorry, I'm not good with english. What hell he mean "my stock"?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 03:30 AM

"my stock" meaning the in house inventory that he keeps in his building at all times.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 11:29 AM

ahh that's more make sense. Thank.

It seems everyone like for 2 holes tip.

gm part 12498009

This is 04+ grand prix tip. I was told it will fit 97-03 model. What do you think?

Mine is just single huge tip. *see page 10 for picture*

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 11:41 AM

the inlets on those look a lot smaller than the exhaust that you are putting on. May i suggest looking at PFYC.com for exhaust tips.(thats where im getting mine from)

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 12:07 PM

i think one tip will stick out farther than the other tip

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 12:15 PM

I would hold that future tip later after I see real exhaust with single big tip (who know how long it will take for stupid clamps!) if I like it or not.

I took picture for test what it look like. Look horrible but that's single exhaust. I will have to wait when it will replace.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 12:34 PM

but btw i like the dual tips ... i need to find a set that i like and would like to get i have been putting it off forever

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 05:40 PM

I went to Pep Boys to get something for my both cars. I see they have dual tips almost same as gm tip above. This one have clamps too. I'm not sure if 30 buck look good or cheap.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 06:06 PM

is that were you got those dual tips is for $30??

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 08/24/08 06:16 PM

no I didn't buy any dual tips. Just saw it at pep boy store. I think my big single tip look great but I need to see when my whole exhaust system install and see if I like it.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 08:27 PM

Alright, the waiting is over! It is official on my car right now! laugh

This manager went to see my trunk that I have whole exhaust systems. He just like eek damn!!! That's good looking exhaust! I have some 3-4 working guys check my car out. They seem want work on it than other crappy cars lol They are nice guys. They allow me do before/after pictures and also they let me watch it whole exhaust install. Pretty cool.

Before

I'm flying!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 08:29 PM

remove job

install job

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 08:31 PM

done!

The left tip is good but right tip is little bit off. That's not exhaust fault. I think this rear bumper is little bit out of shape. You should see my stock single exhaust look same. That's strange but oh well.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 09:19 PM

Damn. Feel any peppier?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 09:36 PM

huh what are you talking about? peppier? I might be stupid but I never heard that word before.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 09:37 PM

Glad to see you got it done, and it only took 12 pages... hammer laugh lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 09:46 PM

lol yeah I read whole pages again. It start June to September. eek I'm glad it is over and this one will died soon in couple weeks later. wink

Thanks for parts tip. It is pretty good fit from walker parts. My car is little bit smoking after install exhaust. I don't know if it is normal or need clean it out or something. I can feel it when I hit gas. That's awesome.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 09:46 PM

by peppier I meant like faster.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 09:48 PM

oh little bit. I think that's why u-delete make little bit different?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 10:01 PM

The DP and Ubend delete should help with the butt dyno the rest of the catback isn't any gains on a butt dyno.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 10:21 PM

looks real nice!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 10:45 PM

Thank you everyone wink I don't mind if it doesn't have any gain. I just want to put them because of new dual bumper.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 11:14 PM

looks nice

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 11:51 PM

Looks real good I hope it sounds as good as it looks .Chico(pops)
Posted by: Jamie02

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/06/08 11:58 PM

looks good

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 12:17 AM

Looks good.
How does it sound? laugh crazy

I know, I know... that was wrong of me to ask, but I couldn't help it. no

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Looks good.
How does it sound? laugh crazy

I know, I know... that was wrong of me to ask, but I couldn't help it. no
jawdrop

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 12:31 AM

Thank everyone again!

lol very funny AustinGTP wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 02:30 AM

OMG i didn't even get the joke the first time I read it... I feel so awful frown

Palsut, your exhaust looks ****ing SEXY! Although, I think dual/dual tips would have been a tad bit sexier.

I know you aren't able to hear it but I'll bet you can FEEL it!

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 06:07 PM

Thank you. Yeah, but I don't think dual tips won't fit but I don't mind about mine. I think it is look good. I don't know if I'm only one have gmpp exhaust. It seems everyone went to like borla, and other aftermarket exhaust than gm parts.

Yes, I can feel it pretty good wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 06:48 PM

wow looks good ... did you keep your cat ?? and i didnt even have to use the torch to take out my o2 like the guy lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 06:51 PM

Old exhaust cat? They torn it apart. I don't need to keep them for what reason? confused

Actually, he use it to loose some rusty part to remove them out. You could see this rusty really bad.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 07:16 PM

yeah cat... they are worth $$ zzp will give you $50 per cat lol i found a place that will give you 80 i think

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 07:26 PM

Oh really? I don't think we have same cat for SE vs. GT/GTP. It might be nice have some extra $ but oh well. Should let me know before I have it remove. It has been over 100K mileage and very rusty. Why they want use that for?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 08:57 PM

the metals inside the cat... all cars have them ... they burn off excess fuel that goes threw the exhaust ... yep most places take it then they just turn it in themselfs for the money ...

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 09:33 PM

Oh really? When I was there for install. I see they just throw it away. damn need extra money but oh well... I'm rich and still work my best job wink Wow, it is almost reach 200 posts on this thread. Wonder if it is higher posts thread? laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 09:51 PM

wow sucks to be you

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 10:15 PM

nah I'm okay with that wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 10:29 PM

4drgt and palsut cant we get along. smile
Y do we have to live in a country with so much hostility lol im jk

FIGHT all you want hammer

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 10:30 PM

no dont worry him and i are cool lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/07/08 10:32 PM

ok lol im going to bed I GOT school ahaah
Shut up

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/08/08 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie02:
ok lol im going to bed I GOT school ahaah
Shut up
dont worry man, im at school right now. A lot of us still go to school

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/09/08 11:10 PM

Now, I have drive my car for 3 days straight. I wonder click sound is really from exhaust or do I have other problem. The click sound when I let it go from gas to stop. I'm not sure it is from wheel or whatever reason cause click. I could feel it from steering wheel and shift area. I doubt it is from exhaust but just prove me if I'm wrong if exhaust normally click or something.

I fill her up last Saturday night. On Sunday, I drove 6 miles for Walmart. Monday & Tuesday 100 miles for work/home. My gas tank still showing full. eek Don't tell me exhaust help my mpg? If so that's sweet. laugh

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/09/08 11:25 PM

i betting that the sway bar wasnt flipped

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 10:24 AM

Okay, I will take to my car to shop to see what cause the problem later.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 12:19 PM

i think i am having the same problem its a constant clicking sound under hard excel is that the sway bar, it almost sounds like a exhaust leak but when i try to feel the flanges there is nothing coming out of them ??

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 12:58 PM

I really hope it is not exhaust problem.

When I start my car to work today. There are old lady with dog start walk behind my rear bumper. I start it same time as she walks by behind my rear bumper. Her dog got jumpy from my loud exhaust when I start it up. I couldn't stop laugh hard but same time I feel bad for this dog lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
i think i am having the same problem its a constant clicking sound under hard excel is that the sway bar, it almost sounds like a exhaust leak but when i try to feel the flanges there is nothing coming out of them ??
Andrew: yours sounds like the flex pipe is ticking. What brand downpipe did you get?

Palsut: Im almost positive yours is the sway bar

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 03:20 PM

Where is sway bar at?

Do you think it is possible cause that because of my car lift up like over 2 hours during exhaust install? It does start doing that after I got it out.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 06:09 PM

i think its a zzp DP, its used

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 08:34 PM

Quote:
Where is sway bar at?

Do you think it is possible cause that because of my car lift up like over 2 hours during exhaust install? It does start doing that after I got it out.
sway bar runs across the car from wheel to wheel. it is connected by one not/bolt on each side of the car. If you remove the front tires, you can see it

Andrew: maybe e-mail ZZP about it. A ticking flex is one of the more annoying things to deal with all the time

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/10/08 09:02 PM

but since i bought it used i dont think they would cover it

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/11/08 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
but since i bought it used i dont think they would cover it
its worth a shot.

If not, take it to a shop and have them weld in a new flex

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 06:35 PM

It is back but I have sound clip. Remember, it is my first video and I'm deaf. I don't know if it is help for everyone who want hear it. I have camera that use video. Hope it is help confused

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 07:25 PM

Sounds deeper/better then my 3800 but then again lets race and we'll see then.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 09:04 PM

Where is Lonezerg when you need a pic of his old exhaust, LOL!
Whatever suits your taste though.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 09:24 PM

Doesn't sound too bad. Kinda sounds like my GT just with less rasp.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 10:02 PM

Sounds deeper then a GT, either that or somethings wrong with mine. I think I may need some new muffs and downpipe to get mine sounding good. As much as i'd like to say my stock sound is good but its just to high pitch for me.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 10:29 PM

Sounds good.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 10:44 PM

sounds real good.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 10:54 PM

ive always heard that the 3.1's sound good. your car sounds real good

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/21/08 11:02 PM

Awesome. I'm glad you all like it since I wasn't sure how good sound is.

lol I don't need to race you. You will beat me anyway but my new exhaust probably beat you wink

I'm glad I know how to post video on website. It is my first time too.

Oh I forgot tell you. Last week at gas station around midnight (working night shift) I'm ready to start my car after I fill her up. The woman who is smoking outside during her break time. When I start it and she freak out and give me dirty look lol

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/22/08 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
Where is Lonezerg when you need a pic of his old exhaust, LOL!
Whatever suits your taste though.
You mean this one?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/22/08 09:33 AM

Whoa, it is stick out pretty far wink I'm thinking about do that winter beater since this is helping my gas mpg.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/22/08 08:06 PM

Of course it will help gas milege, just imagine if you tuned that thing after that, you'd be impressed.
Posted by: James GTP

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/22/08 10:46 PM

Do you seriously not know how to type in english palsut? I avoid your post's like the plauge because they are just annoying to read.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/22/08 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by James GTP:
Do you seriously not know how to type in english palsut? I avoid your post's like the plauge because they are just annoying to read.
Someone had to say it,I suppose you know he's deaf? Not that I can figure out how this effects his typed language but I do agree it's difficult to read through,Palsut maybe if you put a little effort into your written language it would help,I do'nt mean to sound harsh and if your not able to construct sentences in proper english I apoligize.Chico(pops)

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/22/08 11:24 PM

Quote:
no

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 12:33 AM

Okay, ummm about winter beater... If I put downpipe only. It is kill u-bend but what if I keep stock exhaust tailpipe? Will it help mpg or I need to get whole exhaust system just like I did my summer car?

Wow... I knew it will back again. I'm deaf so sorry if my typing is suck. If you don't like it then use block user under my name so you won't read it again if they have one. I use ASL language. I born deaf and went deaf school since 4th grade. What can I do about that? That's my habit but everyone seems understand me.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 12:43 PM

a downpipe and u-bend delete will help your mpg, and will retain your stock cat-back, which flows just fine.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 12:46 PM

if I were you I would save myself the $200 and just replace the u-bend and forget about the larger DP.

I don't think the 3.1 is pushing that much exhaust that it needs one.
Posted by: James GTP

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 04:00 PM

Well i appolgize for saying that than. i was unaware so dont shake your head at me-you know who you are
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 04:10 PM

lol drama!!!!!!!!

blahhh blah blahhh can we lock this novel yet?

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 05:49 PM

whoa ITS JUST LIKE SCHOOL LMAO

but it sounds good palnut i likes bud

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 06:21 PM

Thank you. I think it is done for exhaust plan. I already got my answer already. So Hercan or AustinGTP. Just lock it. It is long time but I'm done. Thanks. wink

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 06:58 PM

Palsut's sounds just like my GTP with Flowmaster 40s.

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 11:25 PM

Quote:
Well i appolgize for saying that than. i was unaware so dont shake your head at me-you know who you are
lol. grow up
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: dual exhausts on my SE? *add pic* *add video* - 09/23/08 11:32 PM

Please... let... this... thread... die...