ZZP CAI

Posted by: BlueGTP

ZZP CAI - 08/27/11 06:26 PM

i am looking for a cold air intake.I am also not interested in making my own. But is this the best bet for hearing that lovely whine and best hp gains?
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/27/11 08:36 PM

They all perform about the same. Look for the cheapest you can get and roll with it. I believe that consensus is still to use a 9" long tapered cone filter with a 4" neck.

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/28/11 02:33 AM

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=1171
this seems to be the best looking cai so is this fine? performance wise or does the box actually affect airflow
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/28/11 03:19 AM

Here's a similar design you may like as well: 1997 - 2003 3.8L Grand Prix Intake System

As Rick said, they all perform about the same, so just get what you like. smile

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/28/11 11:21 PM

i think i like the one you posted better cause the silver piping on the zzp one looks cheap like stuff you would find in my vents but while im buying this stuff since my car is bone stock are the poly
motormounts worth it?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/29/11 04:30 PM

Not unless your looking for that last 0.0001 in the quarter mile or you like feeling a bit more engine vibrarations.

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/29/11 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueGTP
i think i like the one you posted better cause the silver piping on the zzp one looks cheap like stuff you would find in my vents but while im buying this stuff since my car is bone stock are the poly
motormounts worth it?

Before you go out and buy poly mounts, here's a free (and reversible) mod you can try: Flipping dog bone mounts.

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/29/11 08:20 PM

should i have to worry about snow since we do get alot of snow here and it clogging or freezing the cai?

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/30/11 07:20 AM

No no worries.

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/30/11 04:30 PM

really im ordering tonight but that suprises me this wouldn't wouldnt freeze up or how do they stop snow just wondering cause last year we got almost 100 inches of snow

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/30/11 05:35 PM

Here's a couple of things you can try: How to Stop Snow at Air Intakes and How to Stop Cold Air Intake From Hydrolocking

It's probably more of an issue for those with fenderwell intakes; but I'm sure others will chime in on this.

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/30/11 06:36 PM

if i am that scared of it could i buy one of those dry chargers or is that a waste

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/30/11 09:30 PM

im sorry but i thought i should post these and do people really buy these? http://www.carid.com/2000-pontiac-grand-prix-air-intakes/weapon-r-air-filter-114975.html also is the thrasher cai still as good as the zzp with the different filter?

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/30/11 10:04 PM

When I lived in Maine I never had an issue with snow causing issues with the intake. Unless you remove the headlight and use your car as a snow plow you have no worries at all.

Re: ZZP CAI - 08/31/11 01:08 AM

you think they will switch out the wizaired for the zzp cai?