Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE Updated pics Nov 24!!

Posted by: Heavy D The Ogre

Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE Updated pics Nov 24!! - 09/17/11 10:36 PM

Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE

1 - Hub Caps - painted myself

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 10:37 PM

Painted Nose grills

Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 10:38 PM

Painted your hubcaps? Removed your rocker panels? Removed the spoiler? I'm...I'm just not seeing many mods here. What are we supposed to be seeing? I like the work you did to the hubcaps, they do look sharp...but where are the mods?

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 10:39 PM

Alpine Speakers

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 10:40 PM

Front Speaker Grills

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 10:41 PM

AH! you're posting a single pic per post! I dig the paint of the grills.

EDIT: ok, not the grills I was talking about. How about I wait until the morning to check this thread out? I'm gonna be chasing your posts all freakin night like this.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Richard Candelario
Painted your hubcaps? Removed your rocker panels? Removed the spoiler? I'm...I'm just not seeing many mods here. What are we supposed to be seeing? I like the work you did to the hubcaps, they do look sharp...but where are the mods?

Rocker panels are next - bought new - and painted blue
No spoiler installed from factory - but and buying one soon nad will be blue as well.
And even painting is a mod.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 10:44 PM

AH! you're posting a single pic per post! I dig the paint of the grills.

EDIT: ok, not the grills I was talking about. How about I wait until the morning to check this thread out? I'm gonna be chasing your posts all freakin night like this.

cant figure out how to post more than one pic at a time, cause when i preview the look overtop of one another.
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 11:25 PM

lol are you really painting rocker panels blue as well as your spoiler? please, for goodness sake, paint that stuff white…baby blue will look god awful!
Posted by: palsut

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/17/11 11:59 PM

First, that's nice SE but yikes rusty rocker panel area.

Second, get a real wheel instead hubcap.

Third, paint body color better instead blue

Fourth, polish that engine.... see my sig wink

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 12:00 AM

lmao pat has saved the day….btw, heavy d, palsuts car is an se just like yours…follow his foot steps…PLEASE!
Posted by: RooK

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 12:33 AM

At least he didn't paint his Grand Prix pink. I mean, who would be crazy enough to do that... whistle

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 12:40 AM

yours had a purpose to it though…. laugh

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 01:35 AM

u havnt seen the bad part of the rockers this is the pass side which the last owner tried to fix.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 01:35 AM

and the drivers side

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 01:39 AM

And I like the blue and white paint scheme - and alredy ordered a decal that has a skull and blue flames.

And this way the car stands out from the crowd.
Posted by: TheXential

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 08:41 AM

oh lord. its an anteater se.

edit: that was the best 1st post i could think of. not much can be said here... just oh my shocked

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 10:27 AM

At least your don't look like this car from junk yard. What a mess.

That's what I did mine (my daily driving car) as 3M underbody rubber spray. Previous owner use rubber spray underbody on mine so I don't get lot of rust. I'm so lucky to find that car. I took a big project 2 weeks ago for using por15 on my car frame.

That's how it look like from rocker panel. I think it is nice.

I won't bother to use P0R15 on that car. Look like too late for that rust starting flake away.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 10:33 AM

My quarters have rust starting... Gonna have to repair that before I slap Palsut's side skirts on.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 11:36 AM

If you are interesting my work from POR15 and underbody rubber spray. There is my another thread about this big project since thi site limit up to 8 pictures I think. It was fun project but dang it does take a while. I stripped my car back in late July. I didn't have time during working too much. 2 weeks ago, I took my 1 week vacation to allow me work on that car and put it back together. So far it is good and I'm still driving that car since then. No more gas drinking truck lol

caution many picures on this thread.
http://www.gpona.com/forums/97-03-grand-...ect-t25171.html

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 02:02 PM

actually under the rest of the car is not rusty - i dount know what happened to the rockers.

2 -

3 -

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 07:42 PM

The rockers trap dirt and water. The rockers rub the dirt which in turn puts holes in the paint. Then the water hits and corrosion begins.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: HercMan(Rob)
The rockers trap dirt and water. The rockers rub the dirt which in turn puts holes in the paint. Then the water hits and corrosion begins.

Yeah, it is pretty much what he says. I was looking for side skirt for my SE at junk yard few years ago. I pull it out from GT/P body. I have seen ton of dirt collect on the side skirt turn into muddy stuffs. Luckly, SE is not that bad. You won't believe how many GT/P got worse one just like SE from my picture. SE do got some but it was careless owner. I have both SE and I still clean underbody often during winter season so I don't get lot of rusty problem.
Posted by: BlueGTP

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/18/11 11:10 PM

i was actually wondering about this spray cause i plan on keeping my car for a while. so could you essentially spray everything other then the obvious stuff on underside of body? and also my wheel well has a hole in it and my cai is right next to it should i patch this up before theres any moisture or anything?

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 08:18 AM

Take a pic of what you're talking about because it's likely to be where folks are putting their FWI OR it's behind the headlight, where the airflow was designed to be.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 08:35 AM

No leave that hole open. What water that does make it up there is a none issue. Unless your fording rivers and such. But everyday driving in the rain and such is a none issue.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 09:34 AM

*non-issue. there ya go! lol

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 03:33 PM

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 03:53 PM

hahaha

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 04:19 PM

LMAO!!!

Nazis. No apostrophe.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 10:57 PM

can see the rear speakers better

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: HercMan(Rob)
No leave that hole open. What water that does make it up there is a none issue. Unless your fording rivers and such. But everyday driving in the rain and such is a none issue.
how about a estimated 200 inches of snow this year and i will take a pic tomorrow

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/19/11 11:34 PM

if anyone can make it, Herc can. His ride was up in Maine for awhile.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/20/11 01:57 AM

ha alright thanks

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/20/11 08:00 AM

Yes I drove my car in the winter in Maine. Thing was a beast in the snow never got stuck. Anyways the only issue I ever had was going through a touchless car wash one time. The front end was hit with so much water pressure I believe the MAF got wet and caused the motor to act weird after a couple minutes when the water dried up all was back to normal.

Like I said unless your fording rivers or using the front of the car for a snow plow there is no issues at all.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/20/11 05:20 PM

ok Cleaned engine bay - 2 cans of engine cleaner

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/20/11 10:41 PM

Take some tire shine and wipe down all the plastic and hoses. That will really bring that engine compartment to life.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/20/11 11:01 PM

hey just a question how do you do a wire tuck? also is a dp the next best mod and maybe even a plog or wires with it i want wires for the look too probably prjs i know gms stocks are good.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/20/11 11:25 PM

Plogs don't exist for your engine. I think we discovered ages ago that the downpipes were the same, so yeah you could do that, but you need to ask yourself why. The 3.1l is gonna take a lot of work to make power... Most of these cars have 3.8l engines, so 99% of the aftermarket is geared toward them, even the PRJ wires. So unless you're ready for a full blown turbo build, it's best just to shine it up and go cosmetic like Palsut or engine swap like me. Turbo or a swap will neither one be cheap.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 12:38 AM

^^Congrats RooK, you just swapped a 3.1L engine into a GTP... wink
Posted by: jjcom

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 01:31 AM

You can do some stuff to wake up the car...the upper and lower intake can be swapped for one off a newer 3100 or 3400 for better flow, there are headers you can get, and you could get it tuned for a little more power. It'll never be a 3800, but you can wake it up a little bit. If you really want to go places, you could use the newer 3100 or 3400 heads, have them ported, and replace the cam. 60degreev6.com would probably be of more help in that area to wake up that 3100.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 04:35 PM

I think he was thinking the post was by Heavy D

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 05:17 PM

XD ha sorry i just didnt wanna make a new forum but i have a 00 gtp thats why i asked

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueGTP
hey just a question how do you do a wire tuck? also is a dp the next best mod and maybe even a plog or wires with it i want wires for the look too probably prjs i know gms stocks are good.

You can go the dp and plog route, but stainless steel headers are available for around the same price.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 10:47 PM

oops my bad... :P

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 11:39 PM

is dp and plog enough for a 3.4?
Posted by: GP Motorsports

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/21/11 11:54 PM

What exact color are the wheels? I am looking to paint my calipers that color blue.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/22/11 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueGTP
is dp and plog enough for a 3.4?

make a new thread if you want to ask questions about a 3.4 setup. just so this thread doesnt get off topic.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/22/11 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: GP Motorsports
What exact color are the wheels? I am looking to paint my calipers that color blue.

if ur talking about my hubcaps - they are dupli-color metalcast anodized blue over factory silver.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/22/11 08:26 AM

Looking to brake calipers thanks

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/22/11 08:29 AM

So that is the result of the Metalcast color paint. Not to bad, I don't think I can get that in a heat resistance though, thanks

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 09/22/11 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: GP Motorsports
So that is the result of the Metalcast color paint. Not to bad, I don't think I can get that in a heat resistance though, thanks

Features & Benefits

1 - Creates an anodized color effect
2 - Dress up chrome or polished metal surfaces
3 - Resistant to heat up to 500° F

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/04/11 01:28 AM

Ok made more Blue
Not installed yet, but will be soon

Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/04/11 08:14 PM

You can see the rear speakers better now, but so can thieves.
I have never understood why people paint things so drastic compared to original car color.
But if that is what you like, then have fun doing it.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/05/11 11:32 PM

Ok bought more stuff for my car.

Cat and pipe

Wing - will be Blue. :)--

Antenna

And a gauge bling - dont know if its going blue or not cause i want to paint the dash blue

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/05/11 11:43 PM

Exhaust tip

And decal - not bad but small

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/06/11 12:26 AM

please dont get offended 01 althought its not really mean but what if thats what he likes and what if he thinks your car is ugly (i personally like your monte wink ) but just saying

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/06/11 05:02 PM

wing, antenna, and decal=rice. I don't much care for it, BUT as you just stated, it's your money and your build. I get the same response when I tell folks that my L36 Camaro will push at least 400whp without boost, being blown, or any giggle gas. Looking forward to seeing your build progress. Please continue the pics and write-ups.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/06/11 07:34 PM

Ya it starts small thing and then spirals - all i wanted was nice rims - couldnt find nice rims i liked and then painted hubcaps, and as for the rocker pannels they need fixing cause i deicided i want to keep the car for a few to many years, since it rides nice, i fit in it pretty good, thinking about moving the seat back a few inches, and there are atleast 5 other granp prix's around my area, and could open the car one day, and wasnt my car.

So now I know which one is mine.

wing, antenna, and decal=rice. I don't much care for it, BUT as you just stated, it's your money and your build. I get the same response when I tell folks that my L36 Camaro will push at least 400whp without boost, being blown, or any giggle gas. Looking forward to seeing your build progress. Please continue the pics and write-ups.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/06/11 08:02 PM

oh jeez.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/06/11 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: r.s.hutchinson
oh jeez.

Just have to laugh at that. grin

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/08/11 12:13 PM

these are the aftermarket spoilers that belong on these cars, not that honda piece of crap….

Sd spoiler
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GP1006/GPEXT/SD+Grand+Prix+Rear+Wing.html

SLP Gen 1
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GP1044/GPEXT/Factory+Style+Spoiler+-+97-03+Grand+Prix.html

SLP gen 2
http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant2...Product_Count=3

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/08/11 03:40 PM

SLP Gen 2 here! Crappy pic, but oh well. :P

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/08/11 05:48 PM

Ok Have to decide if to put blue dash and gauge bezel cover - see pics

or bezel the polished SS like it is or a differnt color.

Any Ideas??????

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/08/11 06:00 PM

ok here is the cluster with SS in place but not taped - just loose. And its like a mirror.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/08/11 08:34 PM

Ok too late - already painted

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/16/11 07:13 PM

Ok Brace yourself for the pics update - more blue. smile

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/16/11 07:14 PM

And More -

Posted by: JaredR215

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/16/11 11:48 PM

I applaud the effort, but poor prix frown

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: JaredR215
I applaud the effort, but poor prix frown

not sure why "poor prix"?

But started just to make the prix more identifiable, since there atleast 3 of these in my close area, i was at a store and the car would not open = wrong car.

It just snowballed, and there is not much more for the outside, or inside(just to repaint the dash cover, thats missing in the pics), but some underhood still to do. And the cat and ubend replacement.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 10:33 AM

Accessories on a car, exterior or whatever, need to be coordinated to the body. If you don't, your car looks weird or takes on a look most people don't find appealing cause everything clashes instead of flowing, i.e., when picking out clothes, it's considered poor taste to wear a tuxedo jacket with cargo shorts cause they don't go together. That is how most people are perceiving your Grand Prix at the moment.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 10:47 AM

Interesting but not my type.

So you are saying you want to try something different because your area have 3 same white Grand Prix that you couldn't tell which one it is your own car? So blue theme thing going on so that's would help you realize your own car? I never have a problem to find my own car. Heck there are some galaxy silver all over the road so I can know my car or where I park mine. That's remind me about like 5-6 years ago when I'm shopping at Meijer. I use my remote button to unlocked the doors for my ex-girlfriend. Then I went to restroom for few minutes. I came out and saw her angry at me because she is standing next to 97-00 Silvermist GT. I told her you got a WRONG car. My car is over there few spots away from silvermist car. She couldn't tell difference between SE (galaxy silver) vs. GT (silvermist) lol

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 11:40 AM

Well the main thing is I like it.

Everybody has their own taste, sometimes its the same and others times its not. not much u can do.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 04:32 PM

it looks badass!

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 05:05 PM

I LOVE IT. Keep Going. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Posted by: JaredR215

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 05:26 PM

I'll make you a deal. Pay for shipping and I'll send you a white OEM wing that's basically brand new. The rice wing on it is just a little too much.

Though I do like what you did with your gauges.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 09:46 PM

Ok every one calm down its his ride his money as long as hes happy thats all that matters
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/17/11 09:50 PM

I LOVE IT. Keep Going. Can't wait to see the finished product.

x2. That wing is awesome.
Posted by: macus1305

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/18/11 06:51 AM

u should swap the 3.1 for a nothstar with a getrag, it will be a lil monster car

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/18/11 07:48 AM

I think you would like roof spoiler (on top of rear window) I think it is bad ass in blue color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-02-Pontiac-Gr...=item3ef27acacb

You need do something with hood appearance. What about blue hood scoop? It should be good. Also blue fender vent on fender? Oh some company make a roof scoop for grand prix but I can't find it. Just give you a idea on your appearance look. They all should be cheapest from Auto Zone if you have one at Canada.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/18/11 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: palsut
I think you would like roof spoiler (on top of rear window) I think it is bad ass in blue color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-02-Pontiac-Gr...=item3ef27acacb

HOLY CRAP! $280+ shipped!
If someone doesn't want to sell something, why do they put it on eBay?

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/19/11 08:13 PM

OK more updates

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/19/11 08:14 PM

And my New Antenna

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/21/11 08:03 PM

Bring on more awesome!

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/21/11 10:05 PM

The only other things i have planed right now are the rockers, cat, and the space beside the rear speakers.

But weel see when that gets done, other than the cat is scheduled for early Nov.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/21/11 10:47 PM

You should put a blue hood scoop on it. One of the stick on ones.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/22/11 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: ordonez1307

I was looking for one but havnt found one i like - thinking about buying an aftermarket hood with the scoops moulded in.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/22/11 05:27 PM

vato zone bro! u should paint your mirrors blue, the corner lights on the headlights should be tinted blue! that would look baller as heck bro!

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/22/11 05:28 PM

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accesso...ier=978203_0_0_

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accesso...ier=978222_0_0_

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/23/11 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Heavy D The Ogre

I was looking for one but havnt found one i like - thinking about buying an aftermarket hood with the scoops moulded in.

Do they sell them in blue?

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/23/11 10:00 PM

i think they do. find the paint code you need and they can paint it for you prior to shipping.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/24/11 09:38 AM

oh how did I know that you would be wearing black jeans and boots?

weird.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/24/11 01:13 PM

oh how did I know that you would be wearing black jeans and boots?

weird.

How is that weird?

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/24/11 04:40 PM

lmao
Posted by: macus1305

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/27/11 10:40 AM

try blue rocker panels all the way around. like on the rear and front bumpers too. it would be different u know

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/27/11 11:26 PM

Have you thought about just doing the window trim blue? It would be subtle, but really make it look cool.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/28/11 02:15 AM

Have you thought about just doing the window trim blue? It would be subtle, but really make it look cool.

Not Yet, have thought about center pillars, but since its getting cold, im going to focus on the rockers, and then if I have time and good weather ill do the list i have, and then see if there is anything else i want to do.

But am thinking now.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 10/28/11 08:33 AM

Just hit the whole car with some blue paint balls. They'll look like someone shot up your ride with expensive blue bullets!

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/04/11 01:53 AM

Ok had the Cat and pipe installed today - and installed a Blue Arrowhead.

Old cat pics -

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/05/11 05:10 PM

Ok new OBDII code - post cat O2 - 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected - so i'll have to look at that one also.

Other than that works awesome.

And will have to build a cold air box - because it likes the cold air here the last few days.

And noticed the AIT when i had my laptop hooked up when slow speed or stoped gets warm.

And I know theres a thread - i will find and see how it works.

99% happy with car though.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/05/11 06:54 PM

I'm guessing there was no o2 sensor in it considering you had a shop do it and your old o2 is still in your stock down pipe. So they either capped the bung or the pipe came with no o2 bung anyway.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/05/11 07:32 PM

I'm guessing there was no o2 sensor in it considering you had a shop do it and your old o2 is still in your stock down pipe. So they either capped the bung or the pipe came with no o2 bung anyway.

No, I had bought new ones - and they installed.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/07/11 03:38 PM

Ok installed Heater cantrol And headlight switch overlays (white)

Posted by: grandamle91

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/07/11 06:02 PM

Were did you get the overlay

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/07/11 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: grandamle91
Were did you get the overlay

ebay

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/07/11 06:34 PM

Since you're doing white overlays, here's something that might interest you: 1998-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix METRIC KMH White Gauges

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/07/11 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackarrow98GP
Since you're doing white overlays, here's something that might interest you: 1998-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix METRIC KMH White Gauges

Ya I thought about that, but havnt decided yet.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/09/11 01:17 PM

OK pulled the A/C clu mini relay.

I was told the A/C runs when the heater is set to defrost.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/09/11 02:40 PM

Why would you not want it?

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/09/11 03:02 PM

Why would you not want it?

well during winter dont need A/c running - uses more fuel

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/09/11 04:26 PM

Your spoiler causes more drag, using more fuel. Best remove it.

Removing it is dumb. Seeing the road is good.

A/C doesn't just cool air, it removes moisture from the air which is mostly why it feels cooler. The higher the humidity (water vapour in the air) the more heat that specific volume of air can hold. When your window fogs up it is because their is more humidity inside the car than outside. That's why your defrost would use A/C.

Removing it for the sake of a dollar or two makes no sense as you're going to idle your car longer before the windshield clears.

There is your science lesson for the day.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/09/11 07:37 PM

lol you really belong in the import scene, im sorry but the stuff you are doing, the reasons you are doing it just make people cringe/laugh.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/10/11 05:47 PM

This thread is making Palsut's old threads seem very short.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/10/11 07:03 PM

Your spoiler causes more drag, using more fuel. Best remove it.

The spoiler is for the race track.

Don't listen to these guys, your car is awesome. I am probably going to change my setup a bit because of this thread.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/10/11 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: 20gtp02
This thread is making Palsut's old threads seem very short.

lol yeah I'm so jealous. His car is popular than mine. Keep it up buddy. More blue blue blue. We want blue!!!!!! wink

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/11/11 04:34 PM

I'd get those tires that have a colored smoke when you do a burn out. Then you can go with the blue smoke burn out.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/11/11 06:50 PM

Voltaire would be impressed by these replies.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/24/11 05:17 PM

Ok new Pics

Installed White Gauge Faces

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/24/11 06:09 PM

thats baller bro! You should do a white steering wheel next, wrap it in leather!

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/24/11 07:34 PM

While the guges look good.with the blue the blue does not work with the graphite grey.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/24/11 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: '01 GT
thats baller bro! You should do a white steering wheel next, wrap it in leather!

Ya havnt decided what to do with it yet.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/25/11 08:47 AM

You have to paint the door handles blue now.
Needs a little blue and that area, too much surface area in the doors without blue.

Re: Mods Ive done to my 98 Grand Prix SE - 11/25/11 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 20gtp02
You have to paint the door handles blue now.
Needs a little blue and that area, too much surface area in the doors without blue.

Ya, just to cold outside, more blue willbe next year.