ZZP Custom PCM ????

Posted by: Mason

ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 02:04 PM

I sent zzp a message asking if they could give me a custom pcm for an xp cam and tune it so I would be able to run a 3.2 pulley. They said just to select the xp cam option and that the pcm would compensate for the smaller pulley by itself. Is that true?

This is what zzp said,

The pulley size has nothing to do with the tune, the computer automatically compensates for pulley changes.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 02:48 PM

That is true for their generic tune. To really dial in a PCM you need to have a tuner on hand. ZZP will do a generic tune for use with your cam but since every car is different they can only tune so much without actually having your car on hand to make the fine tuning adjustments.

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 02:50 PM

So would it be ok for me to run a 3.2 with their pcm?
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mason:
So would it be ok for me to run a 3.2 with their pcm?
as we have stated in your other threads, you NEED TO SCAN. we cannot say (no matter what anyone says) that you will be ok. There is no way that we can possible know. A 3.2 is a pretty small pulley, one mistake and you will be ordering a block from ed morad.
Posted by: RooK

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 05:28 PM

I'm running a 3.25 with 0* knock with a basic DHP 1.5 tune that's been leaned out somewhat (I'm still rich, I just haven't tuned any further). YMMV.

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 07:26 PM

ok, i'll just get a tuner and wait a while for a cam. thanks guys. sorry for irritating ya.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 09:06 PM

Who did the custom tune you have now?

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/17/08 09:43 PM

dave. i cant remember his last name. but he lives close to raleigh. about 2 hours away from here. he has a gold gtp.
Posted by: Chico

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/21/08 11:19 PM

If your not comfortable with tuning find an outfit nearby that does dyno tuning ,a custom tune by an experienced tuner will give you the best results.Chico(pops)
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: ZZP Custom PCM ???? - 01/22/08 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
If your not comfortable with tuning find an outfit nearby that does dyno tuning ,a custom tune by an experienced tuner will give you the best results.Chico(pops)
especially if they have a wideband