Still kicking

Posted by: 20gtp02

Still kicking - 03/08/16 07:34 PM

The GP is still kicking. She only gets love a few times a month.
Anyone around still have their GP?
Posted by: snowcrash

Re: Still kicking - 03/27/16 12:59 PM

we do, but it needs some work, just haven't had the time to get the water pump and radiator fixed yet but we need to so we can get it back on the road!
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Still kicking - 10/06/16 10:49 AM

I have mine back after a family member used it the past 5ish years. Driveable but the underbody rust is just terrible. A handful of minor issues but still strong at 185K!
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Still kicking - 10/20/16 07:00 PM

good s*! my GT is around 235k and the RWD is roughly 225k. they're both REALLY rough, but still just as stubborn as my daughter.
Posted by: Cerberus

Re: Still kicking - 05/25/17 10:30 AM

Mine's doing duty as a winter driver now, I hit a coyote during the winter and snapped off about 1/3 of the front bumper a year ago. Other than that she's still kickin'.

Re: Still kicking - 05/25/17 07:30 PM

Glad that it's still out and about, though it is a bummer that bumper's still damaged.
Posted by: Glover

Re: Still kicking - 02/08/18 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Cerberus
Mine's doing duty as a winter driver now, I hit a coyote during the winter and snapped off about 1/3 of the front bumper a year ago. Other than that she's still kickin'.

That's one tough ride.

Re: Still kicking - 02/09/18 07:50 PM

these seem to be Bradleys disguised as modern muscle cars.
Posted by: BlueGTP

Re: Still kicking - 07/19/18 01:19 PM

I can't believe this forum is still going. Its crazy to see how besides the last probably 7 topics every topic is almost 5+ years old! Came to find some help for my GP and found people are still on here! When I joined I was on this forum every day!

Re: Still kicking - 07/19/18 10:27 PM

yeah. it's actually kinda sad how far the community and this website has slid. however, it is pretty assuring that, even though CGP, GPF, and GPONA have died, this one lives on. granted, on intensive care life support.
Posted by: KevLJacox

Re: Still kicking - 07/25/18 09:44 AM

My 97 GT is still kicking body is in great shape no rust only thing is it caught on fire waiting to go rob back wiring harness and powersteering pump which melted

Re: Still kicking - 07/26/18 07:04 PM

engine fire? and you still have your car? dude, you got lucky.
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Still kicking - 08/08/18 09:40 AM

I had to give mine up in 2011. Bought my '99 in new so it did last me 12 years.

Back in somewhere around 2004-2008, I tried to jack up the GP and I ended up puncturing the frame. Well, that started rust. It was at the point where it couldn't be jacked up anymore.

With my mods, it was definitely one of a kind and I kinda still miss seeing it.

I did enjoy that engine swap to a 2005 GTP and my custom hood. But I was painfully bored driving it. I really wanted something new.

Got a Camaro V6 now though.

Re: Still kicking - 08/08/18 07:01 PM

what color of camaro? please say dark blue. please say dark blue...

Re: Still kicking - 08/08/18 07:03 PM

and the spambot? since this is a dead forum, there's no need for admins anymore.