ZZP whisper resonator welds failed

Posted by: Mr_GTPeanut

ZZP whisper resonator welds failed - 12/20/09 09:19 PM

So today Im driving down the interstate headed to work and all of a sudden I hear this loud rumbling sound and so much vibration that I thoght the entire car was about to explode and fly apart. Well, maybe it wasnt quite that bad, but it was loud and it freaked me out none the less. So I pulled over and looked under the car, which was fun because it was 34* and raining out, and found that the welds on the back side of the resonator had broken. It wasnt where the flange welds onto the pipe, but where the flange welds onto the resonator itself. I checked on ZZP's website to see if there was any kindo f warranty, but didnt see anything. Aside of that, its been on for about a little less than a yr and a half.

Ive never really been happy with the size of the thing and how it hangs down so far. So I was thinking about maybe just taking it out all together. Im running all stock with the exception of dp and u bend delete. how much will it effect the sound inside the car and vibs from the noise if i take it out completely. Will it signifigantly increse the droning?
Posted by: 01GTshaner

Re: ZZP whisper resonator welds failed - 12/20/09 11:36 PM

No res in the cabin does drone when its quiet , at 2300 cruising RPM's at least, Other than that it drones a decent amount but music can take it away. I like it, some people don't.
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: ZZP whisper resonator welds failed - 12/21/09 12:43 AM

With a factory catback, you'll be fine.

It's not until you run headers and larger bore tubing into aftermarket mufflers that the drone becomes an issue. And even then, as long as you've got a set of resonating tips and get them out past the bumper a little bit, it's a non-issue.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: ZZP whisper resonator welds failed - 12/21/09 01:54 PM

Call them up, I'm sure that they will help you out.