PFYC 8.5mm wires

Posted by: '01 GT

PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/02/08 08:57 PM

will they work for my car? I just received an email from them saying that they were only tested for the supercharged engine but they also say that the wires will work for the camaro 3800 v6. Will the ones for the camaro work for the gt? or do i have to get the 8mm wires instead?
Posted by: notladstyle

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/02/08 09:54 PM

bigger than stock wires can never cause problems as long as the boots fit our coils.

The camaro v6 uses the same coils so yes they will work.
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/02/08 10:17 PM

stock wires are good up to a 12sec car tim, dont worry about going bigger.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/03/08 12:05 AM

you dont need to upgrade, but yes, they will work
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/03/08 09:55 AM

As said, stock are the best. Check with advanced auto, I know they car order them.
Have you read ZZP tech articles? Make sure you read the mods you don't need writeup.

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/articles.php

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/03/08 11:14 AM

ok thanks for all the help guys!! ya i was going to buy new wires but now my brakes are gettin real bad so i have to go and buy those today... frown
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/03/08 11:25 AM

i know you prolly dont want to tim but I HIGHLY recomend D/S rotors. I got reg OEM rotors not even a year ago and they are allready showing signs of stress cracks as soon as i get the $$ i will be buying the Fbody brakes and getting D/S rotors for those

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/03/08 11:35 AM

lol i was told by steve(20gtp02) that it takes him longer to stop on his d/s rotors...besides im only doing front rotors and pads because the front driverside is warped so i have to get that replaced and my brakes are squealing like a little pig!! lol itll look pretty weird with just one set of d/s rotors...i will do d/s rotors down the line..just not right now.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/04/08 06:45 PM

I brakes better, however, you have to push it harder due to the less surface area for the pads to contact.
I believe Austingtp mentioned that about surface area one time in a thread, and I thought about it, and it makes sense.

Re: PFYC 8.5mm wires - 08/04/08 07:41 PM

well the rotors i got have a 2yr warrantly so if i get any stress cracks or anything happens to them in 2 yr they are replacd for free. the ceramic pads i bought have a lifetime warranty so as soon as they wear out i get new ones for free..dont worry i asked the guy at autozone about all possible scenarios so im covered for a long time on my front brakes!!