Found out the problem sort of

Posted by: Dre da GP man

Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 01:56 PM

My SES light is on and the code its throwing is PO131 O2 sensor circuit low volts(bank 1 sensor 1)

What does that mean and is it expensive to replace. Any estimates guys. Also can I drive on it for a month because I wont be able to get it fix due to my insurance increasing.(I got a ticket in the mail from a camera light in DC). Damn cameras. mad
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 02:00 PM

Sounds like the front o2 sensor. They are like $70. Not too difficult to replace
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 05:49 PM

Yeah, your O2 sensor is either not switching like it should or it's giving the PCM bad readings. You can drive it like that but you're gonna get alot worse fuel economy. DON'T get bosch, get ZZP's denso O2, its $35 plus shipping for the regular one.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 05:57 PM

Then you need the $10 or so socket.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 06:45 PM

Nahhhh, that's just extortion. An open ended wrench will work with a little patience. Maybe not as easy but that $10 is 3 gallons of gas!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 08:54 PM

When I first started driving, 16 (now 23) $10 got me just in the 8.XX gallon range of gas!
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 10:26 PM

Well thats a relief but is this something I can do myself, Im not a mechanic. Also back in February of 2005 I had to get the cat replaced, and when it was fixed the ses light came on soon as I left the dealership and they said it was the o2 sensor for the cat which they replaced under warranty. Could this be related to the problem of any sort.
Posted by: Fiin

Re: Found out the problem sort of - 05/17/07 10:30 PM

Probably not, sounds like the front O2 sensor is taking a crap on yah, the back ones probably still ok.

You can prolly do it yerself, its pretty easy, just print up an instruction thingy (they are all over the place) and take yer time mate :p