grudge match

Posted by: 00grandprixgt

grudge match - 04/16/08 11:42 PM

ok guys there is this girl @ my school that is a big pontiac nut as i am...she has a ssei bonnevill black 4 door...i haev my 2000 gp gt 4 door....she says she can beat me, i sayshe3 couldnt but im not 2 sure if i could....shes supercharged but weighs more(car) im n/a but weigh less, ideas?
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: grudge match - 04/16/08 11:53 PM

She will whoop you, AT THE TRACK of course, unless her car has mechanical issues, or spins the tires like mad at the start.

Most stock GP GT go 16.0 1/4 mile at about 85
Bonneville SSEI go 15.1 at about 91

You are young, the sooner you realize the car you are driving is just as dangerous as a gun, the better off you will be. Remember, you can't pick up girls speeding.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=90381
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: grudge match - 04/16/08 11:54 PM

Your only gonna be able to decide when you actually race her....but dont do it on the street, be safe and do it legally on a track or drag strip. Also a supercharger can go a long ways but idk...just race and find out, but like i said do it legally i dont wanna c you hurt at 15 yrs old.
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 12:01 AM

N/A stock beating a S/C Bonnie, doesnt look possable lol.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 06:44 AM

bonnie FTW
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 06:53 AM

Bonni SSEI over stock GPGT.
Posted by: Chico

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 08:14 AM

First off the bonny is not much heavier about 200lbs ,secondly you get your a-- handed to you on a platter if your stock against stock,sorry.Chico(pops)
Posted by: soulonfire11

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 08:26 AM

i always think its funny how people use the "im lighter then you so all that extra power doesn't matter" cop out. i was at the strip last weekend and my buddy though his Focus SVT was faster then me. won me a good 20 bucks off of that.
Posted by: gteisele

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 09:49 AM

haha nice soulonfire.....and 00grand prixgt not a chance i would have a good race with that bonny and check out my sig

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 10:16 AM

dont even waste your time racing she would win hands down

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 10:27 AM

yea you might want to start modding like crazy or find a way to back out of a race with a girl haha sorry man
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gteisele:
back out of a race with a girl haha sorry man
Yeah, so that's totally not a little bit offensive. Sarcasm.

If she has the better car, she just does, if it was a guy, it would be no different. And if you think it would be, you have gender discrimination issues.

And she does have the better car.

But who cares? You're lucky you even have a car at your age, and you'll be lucky to keep it at this rate.

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 12:34 PM

haha i love that arcx
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 12:39 PM

Just do it. Maybe you'll become "friends" later, hint hint!

Maybe she can't drive it worth a crap. I doubt she ever has run from a dig and went full WOT in a race before. I would definitely suggest doing it legally though, considering these circumstances.
You might be able to take her off the line, but half way or just before in a 1/4, she'll catch up and spank you!
Posted by: RooK

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 12:55 PM

Easy solution: break into the car and remove the s/c belt before the race. Problem solved.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 12:58 PM

You can forget it buddy, that bonny will run all over you at any time, but thats what mods are for.

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 03:05 PM

haha good one rook.....and arcxnus that was just a rediculous statement i wasnt saying because shes a girl in the car it mattered i was saying he was probably talking smack to a girl in school and when he lost it would be known....but yea i must have gender discrimination

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 03:22 PM

I'm sorry you thought it was ridiculous that I pointed out that you were singling her out as a girl and I'm sorry that you got defensive. But it sure did sound a little bit like a stab at the 'girls and cars' issue.

And I'm a girl, so. You can see the link.

It was hardly ridiculous. You're ridiculous. >_>

RIDIKALUS

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 04:10 PM

Arc, guys are stupid. If a woman challenges us, we have this machoism that hurts our pride if we lose to a 'girl' and we can never forfeit. However, if she is a gearhead, it might be worth losing to ask her to help you with your car. smile

P.S. This is all in fun and games. I'd rather race and lose to the opposite sex any day of the week.

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 04:23 PM

Oh, I know. Don't sweat it Rook. laugh

Besides, guy with pink car = a-ok in my book, haha.
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 04:28 PM

It takes a real man to drive pink! laugh

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
Oh, I know. Don't sweat it Rook. laugh

Besides, guy with pink car = a-ok in my book, haha.
The ladies love a pink car. thumbsup
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 04:57 PM

Looks like you should have done your research before you went talkin smack to this girl with the blown bonne.

Sorry man, looks like youre in trouble.

Maybe ask her on a date instead of the race?
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Looks like you should have done your research before you went talkin smack to this girl with the blown bonne.

Sorry man, looks like youre in trouble.

Maybe ask her on a date instead of the race?
What he said...since both of you are car nuts (and Pontiac ones at that!), you might try inviting her to a local cruise night...and spending a few hours enjoying fast cars and good food isn't a bad deal either... wink
Posted by: GrandBoost98

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 07:23 PM

1. she would take you the entire race.

2. i love how everyones giving this kid pointers on how to pick up this girl lol

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 07:25 PM

Easy way out: Make a bet that whoever loses has to buy dinner. Then you can take her out to eat!

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 07:38 PM

perfect.

Or maybe spin it around... Whoever wins has to buy dinner? Maybe she will lose on purpose, then that gives you time to mod before you race again.

And if she wins, she buys you food...

yes, im THAT cheap
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 08:24 PM

Quote:
perfect.

Or maybe spin it around... Whoever wins has to buy dinner? Maybe she will lose on purpose, then that gives you time to mod before you race again.

yes, im THAT cheap
haha... i love it... ya def try and flip this and get a date with this one... is she cute?

your probably gonna get waxed though... but who knows she is a girl driver... wink that was to you arc... lol...

... i have a feeling it's about to go down... hammer

Re: grudge match - 04/17/08 09:34 PM

Dont race, its a trap!!!!!!!!!!111 (gotta love internet fads)

Posted by: Acefighter

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:01 AM

I'm gotta say, I'm laughing at the idea of using the race to get her on a date...pretty ingenious. lol

As far as getting beat by a girl, big deal...Arc would probably beat me in a race, cuz I'm stock, but does the thought bother me? Not really. She has the better car. (For now. thumbsup )

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
I'm gotta say, I'm laughing at the idea of using the race to get her on a date...pretty ingenious. lol
Yeah, we have our moments, when the gears mesh the right way and the clutch doesn't slip. *Automotive Metaphor FTW*
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:37 AM

I had no idea Arc was a girl. Sorry

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dre da GP man:
I had no idea Arc was a girl. Sorry
lol

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
[b] I'm gotta say, I'm laughing at the idea of using the race to get her on a date...pretty ingenious. lol
*Automotive Metaphor FTW* [/b]
x2! lmao

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 07:24 AM

lol i love it all !!!

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
Quote:
[b] perfect.

yes, im THAT cheap
haha... i love it... ya def try and flip this and get a date with this one... is she cute?

your probably gonna get waxed though... but who knows she is a girl driver... wink that was to you arc... lol...

... i have a feeling it's about to go down... hammer [/b]
lol yess she is... and he car is not modded and she babys her car. its a nice car lol..i might hafta remove the s/c belt like they said...hehe

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 09:47 AM

lol thanks for the tips..and it worked hehe lol...she beat me by 3 car lengths....danget

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 09:48 AM

i wouldnt even bother have raced, gas is way to spendy and you knew you were going to lose

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 09:50 AM

lol i got in the beginning and all the way to 70 i was beating her...WOT 4 me i had a feeling she was playing with my slow car....lol

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 10:56 AM

yeah she had to be letting it easy on you, or she was putting on lipstick and wasnt WOT, because she would have smoked you!!!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 11:11 AM

At 15, that is quite early to start vehicle violatoins let alone someone getting hurt and you're done for! I hope you tried to take some of the suggestions prescribed from the board, but seems like you went ahead and raced illegaly anyways. Becareful, and don't take anyones lives!

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:15 PM

i went on a deserted road..and was careful...hit the stupid speed limiter....i need s/c power

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
yeah she had to be letting it easy on you, or she was putting on lipstick and wasnt WOT, because she would have smoked you!!!
lol theyre were 4 girls in her car and 3 of my buddies in my car....i blame my friends on their fatness

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:27 PM

are you searious ? you are extreamly stuped!!!!!! she put 3 other girls in danger and you put 3 friends in danger. that was the most stuped thing you can do, and you are complainen u hit the speed limiter thats 108, you would most likely die if anything happened, save it for the track. if you keep doing things like that i hope you loose your driving PRIVILAGES not a right. and this is a searious matter going that fast isnt a joke by any means yes we have all done it but we put the lives of others at danger

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:28 PM

wow. Thats a whole lotta lives at stake at 108mph.

Not smart at all.

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:36 PM

ik it was stupid but i wasnt thinking....very dumb thing to do.....but whats done is done...O got my first mod today!

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:41 PM

anywho..im takin her to the cruise night where i live. i get to drive her SSE which i found out is moddeD!!! HAS intake kit,

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:52 PM

Tell her to stop by this site. We'd love to meet her and help her with modding (even if were a GP site).

As for guys preaching to him about speed, I'd say most of us aren't ones to talk. Especially Mr. 120mph in the champagne GP.

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 02:56 PM

Its just the fact that he doesn't even have his license yet. I have sped, and I'm no where near old enough to do it still.

That would suck to have anything happen with that many people around.

and x2, bring her by, its always nice to meet new people

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 03:57 PM

well she ain't a big computer person...shes a cheerleader (easy on the eyes but not the brightest lol) BUT ill try....she didnt do the mods her dad put them on 4 her b day

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 05:19 PM

I agree with Rook, but I think that 15 is too young to be doing 100+. At that age, you just don't have much driving experience yet.

However, that's all I will say, because I've hit triple digits at least a half dozen times...although I'm 20, not 15. lol

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 05:24 PM

Almost everyone wrecks their first car. Nothing anyone says here will stop him from doing it.

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 05:35 PM

I'm on my third car and no accidents, mine or otherwise. Whoopie! No tickets and no warnings! I'm 23 btw.

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 07:36 PM

I told you it was a trap...

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 07:52 PM

Quote:
I'm on my third car and no accidents, mine or otherwise. Whoopie! No tickets and no warnings! I'm 23 btw.
Quote:
Almost everyone
I left room for differences, since I knew someone would say something.

Re: grudge match - 04/18/08 10:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] I'm on my third car and no accidents, mine or otherwise. Whoopie! No tickets and no warnings! I'm 23 btw.
Quote:
Almost everyone
I left room for differences, since I knew someone would say something. [/b]
an experienced forum-ologist will always leave a small window for such a situation laugh

Re: grudge match - 04/19/08 12:04 AM

this isnt my first car....i drove a malibu,then a old truck,then i saved up money to buy the gp and traded in the malibu 4 it lol i didnt wreck yet...
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: grudge match - 04/19/08 12:40 AM

Keep driving like you are and you probably will wreck before you even get your license.

And before you go thinking I'm some old fart who drives under the limit, I'm 17 and I like to have some fun every once in a while but the important thing is to know when and where is a good time to do so. Two full cars driven by inexperienced and illegal drivers isn't one of those times.
Posted by: Chico

Re: grudge match - 04/19/08 12:41 AM

7 people could have died in this little race of yours and if you managed to live after the accident you would probably be going to prison for quite a while not to mention losing your driving privleges for life ,this was an imature dangerous act ,when racing never have a passenger ,please think about what your doing and race at a track (you can't even do that without a licence,are you driving at 15 without a drivers licence therefor no insurance? Chico(pops)
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: grudge match - 04/19/08 09:42 AM

ya def. bring her by..

and hey steve i don't think you need to say anything about speeding seeing as you took me up to 110ish when i was down there with you and you were like me and a couple of friends did 140 here last week... lol...

i do lil stop light to stop light racing but i usually never get over 80 if that... and i've never raced to 100... it just isn't worth it to go that fast to me...

but i have hit triple digits on the highway

Re: grudge match - 04/19/08 08:34 PM

i have insurance...and a lisence...im 16

Re: grudge match - 04/19/08 09:01 PM

your sig says 15. and youve said you were 15 in other threads...

Re: grudge match - 04/19/08 09:57 PM

JUST turned 16
april 18 is my b day..

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 02:19 AM

Wow, that sig is WAY WAY to big.

*EDIT* Well, it was until I made my post... confused
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 10:19 AM

Quote:
Easy solution: break into the car and remove the s/c belt before the race. Problem solved.
better yet, break into the car and remove the entire S/C and install it onto your car.

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 10:21 AM

with some proper tuning of course
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 10:30 AM

Check this thread

http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010007

And ask yourself if you want to be his shoes?

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
with some proper tuning of course
whats tuning? wink

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 07:27 PM

hey it wasnt 120mph..... it was 145mph....and i will never do it again!!!

(if i was the champagne gp called out earlier haha)

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 08:48 PM

I think most of us have done something stupidly retarded in a car at one time...

Re: grudge match - 04/20/08 10:28 PM

yea we can all agree 2 taht

Re: grudge match - 04/21/08 08:46 AM

thats for sure