Can anyone ID these grills?

Posted by: Nateball

Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/27/09 07:40 PM

I didn't want to link to the pic because it's from PFYC, but it's the one with the SD Airdam.

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GP1099/GPEXT/SD+Grand+Prix+Front+Air+Dam.html

I'm guessing they could be just about any grills painted black with some clear over them. Anyone know for sure? I bet someone know's who's car that is.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/27/09 08:25 PM

PS. This technically is the PFYC forum. Brian from PFYC runs it.

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/27/09 09:03 PM

Well, either way, I didn't want to step on anybodies toes without permission. I know I'm not using the image to sell anything, but I've seen some people (on clubgp) get pretty pissed to see somebody else post their pic.

Anyhow, I really like the 3d/domed out look of those grills, but think that the "black chrome" option may not be dark enough. I have a red car and really like the looks of the grilles in that pic.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/27/09 11:50 PM

They are black chrome street scene grills,I have the same grills.Chico(pops)

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 11:04 AM

How do you like them Chico? Yours look fantastic but holy moley they're expensive! Think they'll just sell me the upper ones for less? I don't really want the lower ones and at $170.00 I'd hate to just have them laying around.
Posted by: palsut

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 11:11 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PONTIAC-G...sQ5fAccessories

What about this one? Gross black?
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 11:23 AM

just make yoru own save 50 bucks. thats what i did ,they look the same as street scence ones. mines are black as well. upper and ,lower pieces.

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 11:29 AM

I wonder if I could polish up some plain aluminum and then essentially tint them to get an color closer to black chrome without spending all the extra bills. Me thinks I need to make a trip to the hardware store.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 01:14 PM

Hey chico, is that the mustang cobra rims, could not really tell because of the sun.
Posted by: Igor

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dre da GP man:
Hey chico, is that the mustang cobra rims, could not really tell because of the sun.
Aren't they GTX wheels?
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 07:39 PM

No they're Cobra rims. Honestly Chico I love your car in just about every aspect besides the rims. They look great but I think your car would look better as a whole with rims that didn't stick out of the wheel wells.

I'm not dissing your car by any means, just offering a suggestion.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 11:08 PM

You can get a black chrome look by mixing a 1to 10 mixture of black & clear .Chico(pops)

Re: Can anyone ID these grills? - 08/28/09 11:31 PM

That's what I was thinking. I have some chrome aerosol paint from painting a friends RC car and then I could hit it with something like VHT or the black & clear mixture.