New guy with odd question...

Posted by: StarCruiser

New guy with odd question... - 04/23/07 11:35 PM

All - just sold my beatup ol' '00 GP GT and replaced it with a '03 GTP.

I know this type of question has been asked before, but I've become accustomed to having a CD-Changer (12-disk Pioneer/GM factory) for 10 years (had a '97 GT before the '00).

The new(er) GTP has a factory CD/EQ indash, and the dealer I traded the old car to let me keep the CD Changer.

Now, I know the indash CD and CD Changer don't like to 'play nice' together, but I was wondering if anyone figured out if a physical switch might resolve that by basically, disabling the indash CD (SP/DT switch, probably) and turning the Changer on at that point...

Just a crazy thought...
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: New guy with odd question... - 04/24/07 06:27 AM

Hmm that's a question I haven't seen yet. I have no clue but welcome to the site. Nice to see another GTP in the midst.
Posted by: Chico

Re: New guy with odd question... - 04/24/07 07:02 AM

No clue welcome aboard .Chico.
Posted by: mrcooms

Re: New guy with odd question... - 04/24/07 01:18 PM

You could get an FM modulator so that you could use the CD player on an FM frequency. Or just spend 100 bucks or so and get a decent aftermarket pioneer HU. Welcome to the board.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: New guy with odd question... - 04/24/07 02:07 PM

Theres no really easy way that I know of. You might have to replace the dash unit with a casette player for it to work. Having onstar might effect the posibilities too. Don't give up.