should i run lsx springs?

Posted by: '01 GT

should i run lsx springs? - 02/04/10 03:15 PM

ok, so with my current build I am debating taking everything off down to the heads and doing springs, but if i dont have to i really dont want to.

This build consists of 3.3 pulley, s2ic, ported blower, stage 1 tb, tog's, 1.9 modded rockers.

So, should i run the lsx springs or not?
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: should i run lsx springs? - 02/04/10 05:09 PM

You are doing the rockers already so might as well do them incase of valve float.

Yes, the yellow beehive LSx springs are good springs. You'll need retainers as well.

Re: should i run lsx springs? - 02/04/10 05:10 PM

I already have rockers on the car Randall and I haven't had any valve float yet.
Posted by: Chico

Re: should i run lsx springs? - 02/04/10 05:18 PM

People seem to be able to run modded 1.9's with stock spring with no adverse effects as long as U do'nt go over 6K shift points .Of course doing the LSX springs will give U a measure of added safet- and U could shift higher .Chico(pops)
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: should i run lsx springs? - 02/04/10 05:30 PM

Well you're not doing anything new to the valvetrain so like Chico said, unless you want to rev/shift higher RPM then you seem to be okay if you are not having any issues now.

They are good springs if you do decide to use them.

Re: should i run lsx springs? - 02/04/10 05:48 PM

Lol I've shifted past 6k already and still haven't seen any valve float. Well if I don't need them than I'm not going to worry about them.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: should i run lsx springs? - 02/04/10 06:29 PM

If you got problems, then you know where to start to inspect.