Exhaust system

Posted by: GP GT GUY

Exhaust system - 05/24/07 09:38 AM

I found a picture of an engine that this guy rebuilt and that he is putting in. What is the big thing that looks like a muffler. and getting a 3" D/P, does it connect on the top left where the pipe starts??? or do you start it below on the two exhaust pipes? If this whole thing doesnt look familiar i think this guy said it was a custom exhaust so i dont know
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: Exhaust system - 05/24/07 09:39 AM

http://www.fierox.com/exhaust.jpg oops forgot to add the pic, here it is
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Exhaust system - 05/24/07 09:46 AM

That motor is going into a rear engine car, Fiero.
That big thing is the muffler.
You can't compare a Fiero's exhaust to a GP's exhaust.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Exhaust system - 05/24/07 10:00 AM

Hehe, that is kinda weird looking.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Exhaust system - 05/24/07 10:05 AM

Yeah, he has custom headers and exhaust... it's impossible to say what he's got goin on there, and it would be impossible to replicate on a GP.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Exhaust system - 05/24/07 02:47 PM

I was at a Pontiac show in Kissimmee a few months ago. Some guy redid top to bottom his Fiero and stuck the Corvette engine in the rear of the thing. Looked sweet (the whole car did too)! He did some nice work.
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: Exhaust system - 05/24/07 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kev-GTP:
Anyone have any ideas about what car that is. I can't think of any supercharged v6's in a mid-engine car. Maybe its custom?
The Fiero? It's not the original engine.

L67 swaps are pretty popular for those cars. There was one at ACS running 11s, iirc. Stock L67 in a GTP = 14-15s .. stock L67 in a Fiero = 12-13s. laugh

Edit for lysdexia.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Exhaust system - 05/24/07 03:33 PM

Fieros are so lightweight, give them power and they fly. However, the only decent tranny for them is a Getrag, and if you're not careful you can grenade them with the power of an L67... let alone V8 swaps.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Exhaust system - 05/25/07 01:45 AM

I think Fieros weigh somewhere around 2500 lbs.